BERUBE FIRED!

DaGreatGazoo

Wait a  -- 3-11 shootout record, I think that is stretching it a bit to put all the blame on the coach

Not all but certainly some...he never tried new guys on the shootout....for example i wanted to see Bellemare TAKE ONE shootout attempt just to see if he was successful....he may haven't but he may have....like the infamous saying (not even sure who said it first) you miss 100% of the shots you never take. I just think Berube should have looked deeper within his lineup.

And he didn't......................so he GONE!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all but certainly some...he never tried new guys on the shootout....for example i wanted to see Bellemare TAKE ONE shootout attempt just to see if he was successful....he may haven't but he may have....like the infamous saying (not even sure who said it first) you miss 100% of the shots you never take. I just think Berube should have looked deeper within his lineup.

And he didn't......................so he GONE!

Well, he did once....with Simmonds. He never took too many before Berube gave him a chance and look what happened

would the Flyers consider candidates from within its own organization?

In short no.............the Flyers need to new blood and new perspective so to speak....i'd even take a young coach....but not a recycled Good ol boy.

My only exception and he isn't even available............yet....but i would consider X- Dave Tippett.

I hope that even with Berube gone, VLC can still get traded somewhere else.

The man still has some hockey left in him, but NO ONE will see much of it as long as he is in O & B.

That whole signing was effed up from Day 1, to the firing of Laviolette, to his poor usage on the team.

VLC is no longer a top six player, I acknowledge that....and Berube sure didn't know what to do with him.....but with the right coach and fit, I think he can still be a regular contributor to a team.

Trade him Philly!

You made a good coaching decision, now make a good personnel decision...eat some salary if you have to, but get VLC the HELL out of Philly!   :D

In short no.............the Flyers need to new blood and new perspective so to speak....i'd even take a young coach....but not a recycled Good ol boy.

My only exception and he isn't even available............yet....but i would consider X- Dave Tippett.

I did say NEW COACH on the scene...in no way was I advocating a 'good ol boy' hire.

No one heard of Jon Cooper or Mike Yeo until the Bolts and Wild brought them up....and they had helped bring along the talent you see on those clubs now.

THAT was what I was alluding to.

Fresh new coach....one who knows the young players.......so again, I ask...DO THE FLYERS HAVE SUCH A PERSON?

I hope that even with Berube gone, VLC can still get traded somewhere else.

The man still has some hockey left in him, but NO ONE will see much of it as long as he is in O & B.

That whole signing was effed up from Day 1, to the firing of Laviolette, to his poor usage on the team.

VLC is no longer a top six player, I acknowledge that....and Berube sure didn't know what to do with him.....but with the right coach and fit, I think he can still be a regular contributor to a team.

Trade him Philly!

You made a good coaching decision, now make a good personnel decision...eat some salary if you have to, but get VLC the HELL out of Philly!   :D

It's not for lack of trying that VLC hasn't been traded.

THAT was what I was alluding to.
Fresh new coach....one who knows the young players.......so again, I ask...DO THE FLYERS HAVE SUCH A PERSON?

Looking at the list:

Assistant General Manager  Barry Hanrahan
Assistant Coach Gord Murphy
Assistant Coach Joe Mullen
Assistant Coach Ian Laperriere
Video Coach Adam Patterson
Director of Scouting Chris Pryor
Head Pro Scout Dave Brown
Pro Scout John Chapman
Pro Scout Al Hill
Pro Scout Don Luce
Pro Scout Ilkka Sinisalo
College Scout Ross Fitzpatrick
College Scout Wade Clarke
Amateur Scout Mark Greig
Amateur Scout Joakim Grundberg
Amateur Scout Todd Hearty
Amateur Scout Ken Hoodikoff
Amateur Scout Neil Little
Amateur Scout Jack McIlhargey
Amateur Scout Antero Niittymaki
Amateur Scout Simon Nolet
Amateur Scout Dennis Patterson
Amateur Scout Rick Pracey
Amateur Scout Nick Pryor
Amateur Scout Vaclav Slansky
Scouting Consultant Bill Barber
Player Development Kjell Samuelsson
Player Development John Riley
Director of Team Services Bryan Hardenbergh
Manager of Hockey Analytics Ian Anderson
Executive Assistant Dianna Taylor
Executive Assistant Jody Clarke

I'd say no...........................

And there are some interesting names as potential coaches.  Assuming Babcock is not coming here, I would give Dave Tippett a very serious consideration. 

Tippett is still with Arizona, so I wouldnt even get your hopes up for him.

No one heard of Jon Cooper or Mike Yeo until the Bolts and Lightning brought them up....and they had helped bring along the talent you see on those clubs now.

That's the difference TFG, other teams develop their coaches from sources other than those that made a hockey career from being punched in the head.  Lucky us we have Riley Cote and Ian Lappy in the wings.

That's the difference TFG, other teams develop their coaches from sources other than those that made a hockey career from being punched in the head.  Lucky us we have Riley Cote and Ian Lappy in the wings.

Who is the current Adirondack coach...and is he a viable candidate?

All this talk of 'young guys in the pipeline'...I would think whomever is in Adirondack would have some working knowledge of those guys.

Instead of a 'big name' coach coming in....would the Flyers consider candidates from within its own organization?

The issue is that there aren't any good candidates within the organization. Terry Murray should be crap canned next and Riley Cote just isn't head coach material yet.

Now that Berube is gone, Hextall's coaching hires for Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley should share the same coaching philosophy and systems so that when a player gets called up from Lehigh Valley, they can be assimilated into the lineup without any sort of learning curve with regards to the system because it's employed in Lehigh Valley. This is a huge moment in Hextall's tenure as GM and I'm hopeful that the foundation from the ground up is being fixed.

Who is the current Adirondack coach...and is he a viable candidate?

All this talk of 'young guys in the pipeline'...I would think whomever is in Adirondack would have some working knowledge of those guys.

The Phantoms have won nothing - they haven't even been good enough to even make the playoffs in several years.  So it is a no for Terry Murray.  The organization needs a coach who has not affiliated with the Flyers organization.

The issue is that there aren't any good candidates within the organization. Terry Murray should be crap canned next and Riley Cote just isn't head coach material yet.

Now that Berube is gone, Hextall's coaching hires for Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley should share the same coaching philosophy and systems so that when a player gets called up from Lehigh Valley, they can be assimilated into the lineup without any sort of learning curve with regards to the system because it's employed in Lehigh Valley. This is a huge moment in Hextall's tenure as GM and I'm hopeful that the foundation from the ground up is being fixed.

Most thoughtful answer I've seen...awesome take!

BTW, I didn't realize Terry Murray was the guy running the team down there....yea, he does NOT fit the mold of 'new coach on the scene'....definitely need new blood.

The organization needs a coach who has not affiliated with the Flyers organization.

Jeff Blashill 

He has done well in his three seasons as Grand Rapids’ head coach in the AHL, and many of his former players are key contributors for the Red Wings. Blashill, 41, a former Red Wings assistant, is considered the heir apparent if Babcock leaves Detroit.

Mark Morris

He just completed his first season as a Florida assistant, but he coached Manchester, the Kings’ AHL affiliate, for eight seasons (338-224-66) and many of his players helped Los Angeles win two Stanley Cups, including Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick. When Hextall was in L.A., he worked closely with him.

Two young guys outside the already NHL coaching carousel...................food for thought.

Archived