B Schenn is a true center, is there a young LW/RW we can trade for

Mario99

I guess if Braylon is inconsistent then the trade is justified.

it's all about fit, braylon doesnt fit on the first line because he's not a winger, he's a center plus his brother luke is terrible as well as a defensemen, they both have to go, they are not good players, the reason why courturier, white, laughton deserve to say because they played really well for us and braylon hasnt and he doesnt fit on this team.

I just don't get this line of thinking. B. Schenn put up almost 50 points while bouncing all over the lineup, a bit low for a typical second liner, but not bad. He looked pretty good on Couturier's wing at the end of the season. Show me a 50-point scorer in the NHL that's NOT inconsistent. A quick bit of subtraction tells me that a 50 point scorer is not scoring in at least a bit more than a third of the total games played in the season. Hell, Giroux and Jake were inconsistent. Giroux had what, 2 ES goals at home all season?

And if Schenn and Schenn are so terrible/inconsistent, who's going to want to give up a good, young defenseman or scoring LW for the pair of them? I can't even think of one that might be available, much less one that could be had for Drek and Drek. This team ain't going to be good next year. They may make the playoffs if a new coach gets them to perform to their abilities every night, but they'd need an absolute miracle to make any noise in the tournament. So why the concern about finding that scoring LW RIGHT NOW? As it is, the Flyers more than likely have that top pairing defenseman in the system. Maybe more than one. Why not build the team in a rational manner over a period of time, rather than pursue the "Ooh! shiny!" quick fix that they've been doing for, oh, two plus decades, and create two new holes to fill one?

I just don't get this line of thinking. B. Schenn put up almost 50 points while bouncing all over the lineup, a bit low for a typical second liner, but not bad. He looked pretty good on Couturier's wing at the end of the season. Show me a 50-point scorer in the NHL that's NOT inconsistent. A quick bit of subtraction tells me that a 50 point scorer is not scoring in at least a bit more than a third of the total games played in the season. Hell, Giroux and Jake were inconsistent. Giroux had what, 2 ES goals at home all season?

And if Schenn and Schenn are so terrible/inconsistent, who's going to want to give up a good, young defenseman or scoring LW for the pair of them? I can't even think of one that might be available, much less one that could be had for Drek and Drek. This team ain't going to be good next year. They may make the playoffs if a new coach gets them to perform to their abilities every night, but they'd need an absolute miracle to make any noise in the tournament. So why the concern about finding that scoring LW RIGHT NOW? As it is, the Flyers more than likely have that top pairing defenseman in the system. Maybe more than one. Why not build the team in a rational manner over a period of time, rather than pursue the "Ooh! shiny!" quick fix that they've been doing for, oh, two plus decades, and create two new holes to fill one?

Bingo!

giphy.gif

Maybe because they've dealt two of them away in the past four years and they know it?

I'm referring to certain fans, not management. I'm fine with Hartnell gone. If we hadn't traded JVR for L Schenn, the team would be on a quicker turnaround path.

we dont exactly know who's other there because teams cant make deals yet, as much as you love the schenns if they are not a good fit for this team, they have to go. the fact is hextall wants to win  even if anyone doesnt believe that, he wants to get the right players for the right coach for this team to win. there's no excuses, changes have to be made. favoritism and stats dont want win championships in this league, it's putting the players in the right position is the way for this team to win.

@King Knut

Dump Schenn for nothing? No thanks. VLC can be bought out, at worst, after next season. We aren't contending next year so he doesn't matter. MacDud, we're likely stuck with. But I've seen worse contracts moved.

I didn't say nothing.

Honestly I think with a half decent coach this whole team will look a lot better next year. Schenn and Coots being at the top of that list.

Neither am I. I'd keep Brayden - in the absence of the "right offer."

I could use Luke to reserve my parking space, so there's that.

:cool[1]:

Braylon Edwards??? When did the Flyers sign him????

That sneeky Chip Kelly trying to hide his secret weapon WR on the Flyers what will he think of next???

GO BEAVERS!!!

Archived