B Schenn is a true center, is there a young LW/RW we can trade for

Mario99

The Oilers have too many centers already.... the Leafs need centers

Kadri maybe?

1)  The Oilers don't really have too many centers.  Draisitl will probably be in the AHL next year, so that leaves RNH, Boyd Gordon, and the rookie Mcdavid.  

2) I would HATE to have Kadri on this team.  We need MORE leadership, MORE determination, not an immature player like Kadri.

He played very well down the stretch at RIGHT wing . A position he never played but is quoted as really enjoying it. His points say a lot.

Anyone would be crazy not to keep him and play him on the right to start next year

I think "crazy" depends on the deal.

If you could unload Mac and VLC's contracts, would we be crazy to give them Schenn?

@King Knut

Dump Schenn for nothing? No thanks. VLC can be bought out, at worst, after next season. We aren't contending next year so he doesn't matter. MacDud, we're likely stuck with. But I've seen worse contracts moved.

Clarkson says hello from Columbus!

@brelic

Zackly! 

Heck the Rangers got McDonough for Gomez and his terrible play and horrible contract.

Can you imagine McDonagh on the Habs blueline??? That was a colossal mistake, and I have no idea why they helped the Rangers out of that albatross.

I'm going to be an optimist here with regards to MacDonald and think that once a new coach is brought in, he'll be alright. I'm sure playing under that crap can coach in Berube didn't help matters. I think a new coach will come in, provide MacDonald with a specific role of what's to be expected of him and he'll be that decent player he was before the big contract.

As for Schenn, yeah, I say keep him on the right side and let him, Coots and whoever plays the left side develop some chemistry. With him, Simmonds, Voracek and Read all playing the right side, there's going to be a log jam and something tells me someone is going to get moved in order to add a left winger.

something tells me someone is going to get moved in order to add a left winger.

For some reason i feel that way addition by subtraction so to speak.

I also feel someone under contract for next year on the blueline will be moved. MDZ still needs to be signed but regardless someone back there will be gone if for no other reason to free up money.

he'll be that decent player he was before the big contract.

He was "fair to middling".

At the time I compared him to, but he's not now and probably won't ever be Kris Russell from Calgary.

He'll never be worth that contract. Ever.

Scotty Bowman 15 years ago couldn't make a silk purse out of this sow's ear.

He was "fair to middling".

At the time I compared him to, but he's not now and probably won't ever be Kris Russell from Calgary.

He'll never be worth that contract. Ever.

Scotty Bowman 15 years ago couldn't make a silk purse out of this sow's ear.

Sadly, I believe 100% that McDud will NEVER live up to that ridiculous contract.   I would try to move him at all costs...   In a few years when the kids are in the lineup this dolt will still be skating in a Flyers uniform - I want him nowhere near our prospects.

i see the schenns being traded for a first line lw scorer or a defender because we have too many two way forwards on this team like white, courturier, laughton, i dont see any of them being traded since they play really well for this team. luke schenn hasnt played well, he's terrible, braylon is very inconsistent, he can show up some games and other games he wont show up and he doesnt fit the first line or second line.

depending on what is available in free agency, draft, trading block, i still  see the schenns being on the way out for a defender or first line lw scorer.

i see the schenns being traded for a first line lw scorer or a defender because we have too many two way forwards on this team like white, courturier, laughton, i dont see any of them being traded since they play really well for this team. luke schenn hasnt played well, he's terrible, braylon is very inconsistent, he can show up some games and other games he wont show up and he doesnt fit the first line or second line.

depending on what is available in free agency, draft, trading block, i still  see the schenns being on the way out for a defender or first line lw scorer.

I guess if Braylon is inconsistent then the trade is justified.

Archived