Meltzer on the Draft ( must read )

That article is why Bill M is one of the best hockey writers out there.   Great read all the way through and really gives us a look at scouting and the mentality that Hextall is bringing to the organization.  Although the NHL Team is not so great there are some true gems in the system right now.   Add in numerous picks this year our farm system is getting stronger and stronger.

Stay the course and be patient with the kids...   

@intheslot

Thanks for posting this...great read. Meltzer is very good at what he does. He more than makes up for the other idiots who write for the Flyers.

Really like what Pryor is saying. After bitching for years upon years at the way Philly threw away draft picks it's nice to hear they're finally putting a value on the NHLs pipeline. WTF took them so long? 

That article is why Bill M is one of the best hockey writers out there.   Great read all the way through and really gives us a look at scouting and the mentality that Hextall is bringing to the organization.  Although the NHL Team is not so great there are some true gems in the system right now.   Add in numerous picks this year our farm system is getting stronger and stronger.

Stay the course and be patient with the kids...   

He's the only guy covering the Flyers that is worth his salt. Always informative and right on point with criticisms and praises alike. 

He's the only guy covering the Flyers that is worth his salt. Always informative and right on point with criticisms and praises alike. 

absolutely bak... he is honestly the only one that provides true insight as far as I am concerned.   

as far as the kids go...  I hope they are patient and from what Pryor is preaching it sounds like they will be.  I have no problem whatsoever letting these kids play another year of Jr or AHL next year.   To me Sanheim is the crown jewel of our d prospects and I believe Morin will be a top 3 guy in the NHL.   Gost lost a year of playing and I would even start him in the AHL next year as well.  Given the # of dmen we have on the NHL roster right now there is no room for them anyway.

I am all about patience with these kids...   

He's the only guy covering the Flyers that is worth his salt

Bill is far and away the best Flyers writer, but I always like to see what Travis Hughes has to say, he is a bright young man and I usually agree with his assertions.

What everybody said.  Bill nailed it again, which is hardly a surprise anymore.  Consise, objective, and right to the point. This is what I call an "ultimate professional".  I always look forward to his articles and he never disappoints.

So I think I discovered something recently, maybe some of you living in the Philly area know more. Meltzer posted recently on hfboards, and his avatar was a photo of a man I knew I recognized. It took a little while before I realized that the picture was none other than legendary Philly sports personality Big Al Meltzer. I remember watching him do the sports reporting on the local news. So I'm assuming that Bill is his son?

So I think I discovered something recently, maybe some of you living in the Philly area know more. Meltzer posted recently on hfboards, and his avatar was a photo of a man I knew I recognized. It took a little while before I realized that the picture was none other than legendary Philly sports personality Big Al Meltzer. I remember watching him do the sports reporting on the local news. So I'm assuming that Bill is his son?

I don't believe they're related.

Archived