Hockey news draft review

Jam1986

Just got done reading it! Not knowing much other that and other sites. With the # 7th pick my choices would  be either Werenski,Crouse,Barzal,Meier or Conner. Think though Werenski will be a beast in a few years should be choice but others would be fine! The second pick Fischer,Greer,Gropp,Senyshyn,Larsson or Debrusk. Would choose Fischer or Debrusk. Need a goalie if there go with Montembeault. So pick away and anymore info like  to hear. Others to watch for Guryanov,Bear,Wagner like him,Kovac,Bondra,Dermott,Lauzon,Siegenthaler,Boramman,Guhle,Cecconi and Spacek.

Crouse, Ratanen, or Meier with the 7 overall I would be happy and I would love to see Nicholas Meloche fall to 23 or maybe Brandon Carlo. I would love for the Flyers somehow move up and grab Strome with there first 1st rder.

Crouse, Ratanen, or Meier with the 7 overall I would be happy and I would love to see Nicholas Meloche fall to 23 or maybe Brandon Carlo. I would love for the Flyers somehow move up and grab Strome with there first 1st rder.

I'd prefer Crouse out of those just because he is a LW with size...Flyers lack both and he is younger....

He is the biggest project out of the three from what I have read...

I'm not buying it how do we know that Crouse being 8 months younger isn't a contributing factor?

I still like Crouse better.

The only worrisome thing regarding Crouse is the same for most power forward potential types....will he drive to the net as strong in the NHL as the OHL....can he physically gain position and drive d-men backwards or out position opponents. The standard every young power forward will be matched up against now is Chris Kreider. No body will be faster than Chris, but the power move...ie gain inside position and stiff arm d-man while striding towards the crease...that can be emulated, if there is sufficient leg and upper body strength.

Everything i've read about Barzal makes me hope he's around at #7.

I thought the deal with Crouse was he's a '96 kid playing against mostly '97s ... is that correct ?  if that's the case , i'm not real wild about using a #7 on him. 

as with anything though once you get down from McEichelfan...there's no "locks" .  this is why to me, the second round draft pick is a fine tool to use to improve the roster immediately.  (not that we're there, i know we're not)  but even these highly regarded jr and NCAA kids can still wind up being Brayden Schenn or Kyle Turris, okay NHLers but not OMG NHLers.

Meier might not be as big as some of the other "power" forwards, but he also has puck skills and is more multi dimensional.   You will not be disappointed when the Flyers pick him at #7.

Well no matter what they will get a damn good prospect at #7 no matter what....

I'm on the Crouse bandwagon. He turns 18 the night before the draft and if you want a fair comparison of his game, look at Gabriel Landeskog of Colorado. As a 17 year old, Crouse is already ahead of the curve when compared to Landeskog and Crouse is a better player defensively at the same age. The only issue with Crouse, and it's not a real big one, is that it takes quite a bit for him to get mean and when he does get mean, he loses his cool. With that being said, he's got a pro shot, he's physical, he can skate and he's only going to get better. Let him go back to OHL for another year, really grow into that big frame of his and when he finally turns 19, have a spot ready for him on the Flyers. I'll call it right now - if Crouse goes back to the OHL next year, he'll be an 85 to 90 point player.

I'm also high on Barzal, but I think he's going to be taken a pick earlier than Crouse. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd certainly like a Landeskog type player in the lineup.

As a 17 year old, Crouse is already ahead of the curve when compared to Landeskog and Crouse is a better player defensively at the same age

Interesting. Does he have GL's leadership qualities though? I honestly don't know, but it was one of the big intangibles with GL that made him go as high as he did. GL was also tough, didn't need to be poked in the eye before he showed his nasty side. I wonder if the two things are related?

Archived