So your team is out...

WingNut722

5 members have voted

1. 1. So your team is out of the Playoffs. How do you feel about the team that eliminated you?

• I hope they win it all. It helps justify my team's losing if nobody else could beat them either.
    • I hope they get swept in the next round. Serves 'em right, those punks...!
    • I hope they lose in Overtime of Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals. Let them get close enough to taste it and then rip it away, leaving them only with the shattered dreams and shame of a wasted season.
    • My therapist says I should avoid questions like this...

I didn't vote in the poll because for me, it's never a case of "either this or that" when it comes to my team being eliminated.

Honestly, it really depends on the team that eliminated mine.

If it were a team that I have a traditional dislike for, then yea, I will be rooting against them....but then, I would have anyways, right?

If it was a team that I didn't really dislike I may or may not root for them....depending on who else they face in the post season.

The Blackhawks are a good example.

They've eliminated the Minnesota Wild three years straight.

The first two times, I was like, "Well, they are a good team...we need to measure up to them...good luck to them the rest of the way."

By the third elimination, one begins to feel a bit of disdain for them.

Yes, they are still good...but that's part of why that dislike starts coming about.

And as much as I really don't care for Anaheim, I am rooting Ducks against them this year.

Last season, with Tampa Bay, the Canadiens swept them out in 4 games.

I rooted for NY against the Habs last season, but NOT because the Habs eliminated the Bolts, but because I liked players on the Rangers better.

Had the Habs beaten the Rangers, I probably would have rooted FOR them against the Kings.

The Bolts got swept, yes...but then again, the Bolts didn't deserve to move on. They didn't play at ALL like they should have.

Montreal swept them for a reason and frankly, I'd rather my team earn their way forward rather than completely luck their way into the next round.

So, as you can see, I have various rhymes or reasons to root for or against a team that has eliminated mine.

I guess I am just many shades of grey in that department.

:)

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I guess I can see that.  In a way I suppose I'm the same way.  The over-arching rule for me was you "Stick with the Six" which in this case gives me my pick of the Rangers or Blackhawks.  However, I kind of find myself rooting for the Lightning these days, for no other reason than the fact they knocked out the Wings.  I haven't followed them all year, and no, it's not an Yzerman thing either....

Perhaps it's the same all over.  And perhaps that's the reason not one person has cast a vote...   :blink[1]:

The outcome against my team in an earlier round doesn't really affect things for me. It all depends on who they're playing next. If they play someone I like, I hope they lose. If they play someone I can't stand, I hope they win.

I want a Ducks / Lightning Cup final. F%#+ the Rangers!

I would not be upset with the Ducks or Hawks winning, but the ECF MUST be won by the Bolts. I want the Rags out SO BADLY I can taste it.....F THEM!!!

The Ducks would make for a nice change of pace in the finals....but I'm ok with Kimo and the Hawks winning the West also. Leaning towards the Ducks and one of the big reasons is that LAME ASS goal song of the Hawks....brings back VERY BAD memories from 2010.

I like the 'hawks and the bolts... Ben Bishop is the new Chris Osgood. 

I really like the triplet line, they are really fun to watch.  

I like that Duncan Keith is playing 30 minutes a night and is getting better as we go, unbelievable .

I love that the stupid ******* rangers are out, no more stupid goal song, no more Kris Krieder's ugly Hitler 'stache, no more having to begrudgingly say yeah they're pretty good i guess.  MacDoughnah played with a broken foot,  that's tough, and he's all class.  he also didn't have the game on his stick like our guy when he had 2 broken feet.  I find it interesting that as the playoffs wore on, I began to feel a Penguin like hatred for the Rags... that's NYR for helping me to get some zip on the ol' sports hate fastball.

I like the 'hawks and the bolts... Ben Bishop is the new Chris Osgood. 

I really like the triplet line, they are really fun to watch.  

I like that Duncan Keith is playing 30 minutes a night and is getting better as we go, unbelievable .

I love that the stupid ****** rangers are out, no more stupid goal song, no more Kris Krieder's ugly Hitler 'stache, no more having to begrudgingly say yeah they're pretty good i guess.  MacDoughnah played with a broken foot,  that's tough, and he's all class.  he also didn't have the game on his stick like our guy when he had 2 broken feet.  I find it interesting that as the playoffs wore on, I began to feel a Penguin like hatred for the Rags... that's NYR for helping me to get some zip on the ol' sports hate fastball.

Agree with all of that...cept for the Bishop/Osgood reference. I think Ben is just scratching the surface of how good he can eventually become. He's been stoic, bouncing back from some very bad games only to post one goal wins or complete shut outs. He's the real deal. A franchise goalie that is only gonna get better and better as he learns to use his size to his advantage more often.

Archived