Sick to my stomach

To think the Wings couldn't closeout game 4 vs Tampa and they're moving on to the SC finals. That's 2 big series that Babcock couldn't find a way to closeout. 3-1 vs Chicago and should have been a 5 games series vs Tampa. Both are 100% on the coach (yes I know he's gone)!

Sick to my stomach!!!!!!

@Old School Hockey

I was thinking the exact same thing. 2 goal lead, five minutes to go, Freakin' Tyler Johnson absolutely stole the game. Lots of respect for the Bolts in making the finals but the Wings damn well coulda woulda shoulda been there. Something to keep us up at night thinking about every time we see the little smurf in the Finals. Props to the Bolts but OH what coulda have been.

@yave1964

I'm curious.  That third period cost the Wings moving on from Tampa.  But what are your honest thoughts on them versus either Montreal or the Rags?

Personally, I think it's at least even money that they'd beat Montreal.   In fact, I'd probably bet on the Wings in that match up (mostly because of zero faith in the Habs).

But what do you think of the matchup with NYR?    Do you think they win that?   I'm not sure there.  I don't have a good feeling enough to argue that one either way so just wondering your thoughts.

@ruxpin

My thoughts were the Wings would beat the Bolts in seven, I actually felt we matched up very well with them. A  lot of the posters on here thought it would be Bolts in four or five, turns out the Wings gave them all they could handle and more.

I think it would have ended there. We match up very poorly against both Montreal and the Rags, I doubt we would have made it to the conference final and if so Lundquist would have stoned us.

But when the team that knocks you out advances in the next round or two, it is fun to say 'that should have been us.' As a rule, unless I really REALLY hate the team that knocks us out (like Boston last year) I tend to root for them just for that argument. Fun to say we should have beaten Tampa so it should be us in the final. Probably not true, but hey, fun to say.

@Old School Hockey

I was thinking the exact same thing. 2 goal lead, five minutes to go, Freakin' Tyler Johnson absolutely stole the game. Lots of respect for the Bolts in making the finals but the Wings damn well coulda woulda shoulda been there. Something to keep us up at night thinking about every time we see the little smurf in the Finals. Props to the Bolts but OH what coulda have been.

Yeah...that would have to be considered absolutely "Toronto-esque" as far as choking goes.......

@ruxpin

My thoughts were the Wings would beat the Bolts in seven, I actually felt we matched up very well with them. A lot of the posters on here thought it would be Bolts in four or five, turns out the Wings gave them all they could handle and more.

I think it would have ended there. We match up very poorly against both Montreal and the Rags, I doubt we would have made it to the conference final and if so Lundquist would have stoned us.

But when the team that knocks you out advances in the next round or two, it is fun to say 'that should have been us.' As a rule, unless I really REALLY hate the team that knocks us out (like Boston last year) I tend to root for them just for that argument. Fun to say we should have beaten Tampa so it should be us in the final. Probably not true, but hey, fun to say.

I completely get that. You and I are very similar in that regard [although it just occurred to me the real reason you are cheering for the Crips ;)]

Don't mind me...I thought this was a food poisoning thread...

Carry on.

:)

Hardy harr harr harr.

Congrats to your Bolts BTW. Bishop, two game 7 shutouts, big shout out to him!

@Old School Hockey

I was thinking the exact same thing. 2 goal lead, five minutes to go, Freakin' Tyler Johnson absolutely stole the game series. Lots of respect for the Bolts in making the finals but the Wings damn well coulda woulda shoulda been there. Something to keep us up at night thinking about every time we see the little smurf in the Finals. Props to the Bolts but OH what coulda have been.

Fixt.

Hardy harr harr harr.

Congrats to your Bolts BTW. Bishop, two game 7 shutouts, big shout out to him!

Answers that question about how he would perform in the playoffs pretty well, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
"........paging Dr. Kilpayshent....paging Dr. Kilpayshent......spill in the Red Wings aisle, "Stomach Sick" thread, Post #12....bring all emergency equipment... STAT!..."

Let me ask a very simple favor!

Don't come here and GLOAT? Yes I hope Tampa wins. But leave it there!!!!!!!

Let me ask a very simple favor!

Don't come here and GLOAT? Yes I hope Tampa wins. But leave it there!!!!!!!

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Nobody is gloating, it is all in fun Old School. This is how rivalries are born, first they stole our Stevie, then they beat us in the playoffs, tomorrow, THE WORLD!!! Okay, settling down, took my meds and drank some coffee.

One heck of a finals TFG, don't count your Bolts out yet, they can come back from down 3-2 as my Wings know oh too well......

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Nobody is gloating, it is all in fun Old School. This is how rivalries are born, first they stole our Stevie, then they beat us in the playoffs, tomorrow, THE WORLD!!! Okay, settling down, took my meds and drank some coffee.

One heck of a finals TFG, don't count your Bolts out yet, they can come back from down 3-2 as my Wings know oh too well......

You got it PERFECTLY, @yave1964 , all in good fun and good rivalries.

'Gloating' was the FURTHEST thing from my mind. Was all about a little fresh faced comedic fun is all.......but in the interest of peace, I will leave this thread alone so as not to ruffle feathers.

And yea, Bolts up against the wall vs. one of the best franchises the past 5+ years...tall order...gotta win two in a row......but then, the Bolts HAVE won two in a row from these guys (Games 2 and 3)......and I am hoping the Bolts are just young enough and dumb enough to NOT realize what an impossible task they have and that they pull it off!

• 2 weeks later...

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Nonsense! If Old School can't handle a little jab or three, that's his problem. If the barrage was continual and incessant, that'd be different. Celebrating what was a bewildering series win with a little jab is no sin. It's called being a hockey fan, and it's one of the reasons that I LOVE this forum! I can't stand censorship driven by one person's inability to take a joke and laugh along. Bragging rights come with a victory like that, so long as they aren't taken to the extreme. It goes both ways, too.

Think it was just a symptom of a fresh wound that hasn't yet healed more than anything else.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Nonsense! If Old School can't handle a little jab or three, that's his problem. If the barrage was continual and incessant, that'd be different. Celebrating what was a bewildering series win with a little jab is no sin. It's called being a hockey fan, and it's one of the reasons that I LOVE this forum! I can't stand censorship driven by one person's inability to take a joke and laugh along. Bragging rights come with a victory like that, so long as they aren't taken to the extreme. It goes both ways, too.

Think it was just a symptom of a fresh wound that hasn't yet healed more than anything else.

What the f@@k ever!!!!!

@murraycraven@SpikeDDS

Now THAT is funny.,

@Old School Hockey,

I talk crap to Leaf fans, to Flyer fans, to Pen fans, to Lightning fans as well. I told TFG that the best of all possible matchups for the Wings WAS the Lightning and stated it with confidence. If Tyler Freaking Johnson hadn't scored like a crazy man especially game 4, the Wings win the series. And then I would be giving it to her the same as she gently teases us.

Give and take are part of it.

BTW I read two more rumors today that the Wings are seriously kicking the tires on Full Kessel. Please God tell me that it is not so.

Fixed

Seeriusly, yew ar gunna spel chek mee awn thu werd "fixt?" Eye misspeled et awn perpus ass uh jok, two bee funney!

Nevur mined!

P.S. Dew ewe no haw dificult perpusfuly mispeling werds iz awn eye-oh-ess devises lyk thes iz? Dew ewe hav eny clew?!

Archived