Hamilton to Flames for picks

@jammer2@pilldoc

Watching the draft, Sweeney for the Bruins with a chip on his shoulder on the stage about the fans booing him, he looked like he was ready to punch someone. If you cannot handle being booed do not take the job.  And then interviewed after his third pick he still looked pissed like he was ready to choke someone out. Don't want booed? Don't trade 22 year old future star Dougie Hamilton as part of a 'rebuild.'

And use picks on guys slated to go 2nd round ROFL.

Garth freaking Snow jumped at the chance to move up for Barzal, and the Jets were likely shocked Connor was still available

@jammer2@pilldoc

Watching the draft, Sweeney for the Bruins with a chip on his shoulder on the stage about the fans booing him, he looked like he was ready to punch someone. If you cannot handle being booed do not take the job.  And then interviewed after his third pick he still looked pissed like he was ready to choke someone out. Don't want booed? Don't trade 22 year old future star Dougie Hamilton as part of a 'rebuild.'

Bruin fans are in full riot / meltdown mode as they should be.  Reading some of their comments, they want Sweeney's head on a silver platter.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1917419&page=2

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/boston-bruins-draft-nhl/2015/6/26/8855359/bruins-go-way-off-the-board-and-draft-zach-senyshyn-15th-overall

I'm gettting quite a chuckle........

How do you pass up on Barzal?  Did Homer impregnate Sweeney's body?  These are moves that the Flyers used to do.

after reading pick opinions for a bit

i am not pleased. we got c-, d+ and f on b/r

and the four picks after us all got A+/A/A-…it takes something amazing to **** it up this bad

Bruin fans are in full riot / meltdown mode as they should be.  Reading some of their comments, they want Sweeney's head on a silver platter.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1917419&page=2

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/boston-bruins-draft-nhl/2015/6/26/8855359/bruins-go-way-off-the-board-and-draft-zach-senyshyn-15th-overall

I'm gettting quite a chuckle........

How do you pass up on Barzal?  Did Homer impregnate Sweeney's body?  These are moves that the Flyers used to do.

after reading pick opinions for a bit

i am not pleased. we got c-, d+ and f on b/r

and the four picks after us all got A+/A/A-…it takes something amazing to **** it up this bad

But but but......They fit Neely's "Brand" of hockey. That is all that matters right?

@J0e Th0rnton

At least Boston got to draft players.....Here are how Pens fans feel at the moment....

Re: Draft Weekend Rumors and Trades

icon_post_target.gifby Abe Frohman on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Kinda' depressing this 1st round of a draft stocked with talent...watching the movement of players for picks...and a Pens organization, bereft of young talent, not able to be even a minor player...

Especially as I watch teams in their own division loading up to pass the Pens...

At some point, this 'vaunted' stable of young D had better start to pay dividends on the ice or via trades. Save that, the Pens will be on the outside of the playoffs looking in...

These 3 picks in the mid 1st round by Sweeny reeked of Andy Ried's "I'm smarter than everyone in the room" type of attitude. At least two of these stiffs would have been around in the late 2nd....maybe even the 3rd....LMAO....what a clusterf**k......Shnyshyn for Dougie Hamilton....WTF...Bruins fans have a right to be incensed!! 

So the Bruins trade Hamilton, and then re-sign McQuaid? Bizarro world. And to top it all off, they apparently didn't put him out there as available to all the teams, and Edmonton also apparently offered a better package for him. 

And yeah, they still had 37 (thanks Homer), 45, and 52. The could have grabbed Connor and Barzal with 14 and 15. They might have missed out on Debrusk, but they also might have been able to package 37 and 52 to move up if they really wanted him. Seneshyn probably would have been available at 43. I don't know that these guys are going to be bad players, but that's terrible asset management and value, right there.

Flames also added Kylington to their blueline as well at #60.

Kylington is who i wanted 2nd round. but then i was not aware Roy was still there. Roy should have gone in the mid 1st round. He could become a franchise D and gets favorable comparisons to Duncan Keith and Ray Bourque

Flames also added Kylington to their blueline as well at #60.

Yet another astute move by the Flames...Kylington is GREAT value at #60. This guy was once ranked in the top 10 earlier in the year. I don't know why he free fell like that, but I know he's a great skater, so well worth any supposed gamble the Flames took. Hamilton is such a HUGE get for that squad....really, really nice steal.

WOW....the one thing you don't do when trying to reinvent your team is get rid of the heir apparent on defense. He was going to take over for Chara. They play different games, Chara is more physical, but Hamilton will eventually become more of a force on offense IMHO. The one thing they have in common, is they are the type to be on the ice late in a game, in every possible situation...down a goal, up a goal, game tied, overtime....they are the guys you will lean on (talking more about Chara in his prime than the present day version)....Boston gave that away for thef 15th overall pick. Hamilton is the kind of d-man you get a chance at once in a decade or so....he is special....Sweeney is an IDIOT, plain and simple. Most GM's would kill to have him, he gave him away for a mid first rounder and some meaningless late picks...THIS IS CRAZY!!! 

This may end up being one the worst trades in modern history. I'm sure EVERY Bruins fans has lost all faith in this guy....and for good reason!! You can tell by the smooth way the Hamilton skates he is special...for such a big man, he is graceful...he has very nice vision for a young d-man.

I'm sure all the fans of other teams are asking the same question....WHY NOT US!!  WE COULD HAVE OFFERED A BETTER PACKAGE. Did Sweeney even call around the league...you know, set up a bidding war for your young stud d-man??  If he was going to go for draft picks...how about starting with the top 5 in this draft. I'm positive the Leafs would have given up their 4th overall for him...the Flyers...yeah, they would move their 7th for him....any way you slice this...it makes NO SENSE??  Did Sweeney even entertain other offers????

Archived