What is the problem with Gagner? Do we keep him?

RonJeremy

You have to give him the best chance to succeed, so that means playing him at wing with talent. Try him with G and Jake. I don't know if he's played much LW (his off wing), but who knows maybe he'll excel at it.

I have two issues with putting him up on the top line. The first is the lack of secondary scoring. Gagner has some ability to be creative, which would certainly help out the second line. The other is Raffl. I know he put up some goals in other spots in the lineup, but I just don't think that long term he'd be a good fit on lines other than the first, at least not if you're looking for regular offensive contributions from him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two issues with putting him up on the top line. The first is the lack of secondary scoring. Gagner has some ability to be creative, which would certainly help out the second line. The other is Raffl. I know he put up some goals in other spots in the lineup, but I just don't think that long term he'd be a good fit on lines other than the first, at least not if you're looking for regular offensive contributions from him.

Yeah, fair point. Well, either way Sam is gonna get a chance to reignite his career at 25. Let's hope he makes the most of it.

Couturier had the toughest Zone Starts on the Flyers (39.75%) last season. Gagner is kind of a disaster in his own end, so anything you can do to keep him out of it as much as possible is a good thing, which means keeping him away from the Couturier line. I'd play with him with skill, because it's really all he has to contribute, and that's not the worst thing in the world. Scoring at the NHL level isn't easy.

B) try him out on the 1st Line at LW for Giroux and Jake

This is what the plan will be right here......he has played on Bodkker's LW in Arizona so i imagine they have him penciled in here first...wow if he can't make it with G and Jake he won't be able to make it with anyone i think all he will have to do is provide a little physical presence and just wind and fire they will find him and set him up.

This is what the plan will be right here......he has played on Bodkker's LW in Arizona so i imagine they have him penciled in here first...wow if he can't make it with G and Jake he won't be able to make it with anyone i think all he will have to do is provide a little physical presence and just wind and fire they will find him and set him up.

Why not give him a shot there right...what have ya got to lose, if the chemistry works fantastic, if not, ya got Raffl.  Worth it.

I would like to see him at wing for one reason, if he does play center, the guy who will take the hit on the roster is Laughton. Hey, if Laughton is not ready, I'm the first guy to say back to the AHL for another year....but my feelings are he will have a great camp and deserve a roster spot. If Gagner does play center, it would force out Scott....so I'm hoping for a winger spot for Sam.

Archived