The One Player You Would Love to See in the O and B ....

intheslot

I don't know if a single player would help ,as what the Flyers really need is to get back  an identity and some vision as a franchise.

I'm tired of bandage attempts at fixing things. 

While  I know most will cringe  at the thought of returning to being the once feared Flyers , I'm not convinced the transition to becoming team Sweden has been successful either.(Shero will be rolling in his grave seeing this team so soft and passive}

There has to be a happy medium. 

Yes i know skill wins games , however you need the type of third and fourth liners that create room for your top two lines to perform, and as of late the flyers third and fourth lines wouldn't create room for junior teams.

Then there is defense,  letting  opponents hack and whack at the goalies and even bump them is something that is unacceptable.

Yet it continues to happen as the defense is imo a combination of soft and softer. 

So again a single player will not right what's wrong at the moment in Philly.!

@

White is a step in the right direction for the bottom 6. Enough skill that he can contribute, enough grit to put the fear of God into the opposition. Goulbourne may provide similiar. Simmonds is good at scoring and raising hell. 

I like our defensive prospects...there's plenty of skill there, Provorov is good all around and Morin looks like the guy every other team in the league is going to hate playing against.

Hall g and v would be nice except it would occupy what ? .... 21-24 mil againt the cap on one line? We would be hard pressed to fill out the roster. Ask the pens how well that works out with three players making s lot of money.

So far one Cup... But we just added another big salary so we'll revisit this in a few seasons. ;)

Without looking back , and I'm lazy , I don't believe crosby and malkin were off their elc yet? If they were it was the first contract after that. I don't believe they had a third player making over 6 mil, did they ?

Without looking back , and I'm lazy , I don't believe crosby and malkin were off their elc yet? If they were it was the first contract after that. I don't believe they had a third player making over 6 mil, did they ?

Jordan Stall maybe?

I would love to see Quick from L A darn the O B start from the net out .. .

NEVER NEVER NEVER!

I like Quick a lot and (I know I tell this story a lot) but when I saw the headline that Mike Richards had been traded to LA, I was desperately hoping it was for Quick because LA still had barely decided if they were going with Quick or Bernier for sure long term by that point and I thought we might have pulled it off.  Much to my chagrin, we got Bryzgalov not long after.

The problem with Quick is that he has a contract that Homer would be proud of.  The difference is he signed it in his prime and the Kings will get some use out of him for their money, but make no mistake, Quick has an almost 6 million dollar cap hit for 8+ years. 

I really wanted his backup Martin Jones who looks fantastic and could be a great guy waiting in the wings for Mason in case of injury (which I am increasingly concerned about causing long term absences for him).

Of course Martin Jones has been traded twice this month and is (I think) A shark now, so that's a different thing entirely.

Quick's great, but any team taking him would be shooting themselves in the foot.  I honestly was very surprised by his contract.  It doesn't feel like a Lombardi deal.

Archived