John Tortorella to coach US in World Cup of Hockey

AJgoal

You mean to tell me that the people making this decision couldn't find anybody with more hockey IQ, and tolerance than this guy? :angry: SMDH. I guess no championship this time around.

If the USA hockey execs wanted someone with more hockey IQ and more tolerance, they should have gone with Craig "one of the brightest minds in hockey" Berube! :ph34r:

I think Tortorella is a good coach, he just has some terrible methods of dealing with refs and the media. He also has a hard time adjusting his system to his players skills. He could be very successful with a team like Nashville, where they should be playing hard-nosed, grind-it-out, defensive game. He doesn't work well in a run-and-gun system. 

That being said, he is a terrible coach for a tournament like this because these tournaments are about using each player's skills and not forcing everyone to shot block.

If the USA hockey execs wanted someone with more hockey IQ and more tolerance, they should have gone with Craig "one of the brightest minds in hockey" Berube! :ph34r:

I'd rather them just find the dead body of Herb Brooks, and stick him behind the bench like something out of "Weekend at Bernie's" than have to have either one of those idiots behind the bench.

Woohooo! Go Torts GO!!

I can see it now:

--Team USA will lead ALL teams in the tournament in shot blocking, leaving the international audience wondering why American hockey is played luge-style...

--Sure, his team may hate him by tourney's end, but Torts will make sure that 4th line center Mike Anonymous and 3rd pair/6th D-man, Bill Nondescript play like ALL WORLD ALL STARS!...like him or not, Tortorella gets the most out of even the most mediocre players!

--He will lead his team to many victories because the game plan of the opposing teams were set ablaze because their head coaches weren't able to show up and strategize with their teams. You see, during the tournament, many a coach will fall prey to a rash of unexplained assaults in locker rooms, hallways, dark alleys, even in their own hotel rooms! 

There will be suspicion, of course, but NOTHING will ever be proven...

--He will actually be a media darling amongst the European reporters...if only because they really don't understand the meaning when Torts tells them after games "To go Eff themselves".

They will be thinking, "Man, this guy can coach, AND will provide adult entertainment for us afterwards with good looking women!"....

Team Canada will know better, but alas THEY will be the only ones wise to what is REALLY going on...

Coach John Tortorella.

The man with a coaching shelf life as long as the lifespan of a fruit fly.

Only two weeks long, but man, during those two weeks, the gamut of emotions that man will run his team through, while leaving other teams wondering just how in the HELL did they just lose to Team USA!

World Cup will be residing in the States when all is said n done....book it!   ;)

LMAO. I certainly wouldn't spend any time being concerned about it though, seriously. I don't get what the "World Cup of Hockey" even is anyway. No real hockey fan will pay any attention to this exhibition.

What the hell is "Team North America"???  So, if you are under 23 and are "North American" born (which means Canadian or American), you can't play for Team USA or Team Canada??

WTF is that about? What if someone gets seriously injured being checked by somebody from their own country who is 23?? What a joke. Was this idea from the WWE rep on the committee?

On the other hand if you are under 23 and are from any European country, you play for your country of birth??!! Isn't that discrimination? Hmmm. It just looks to me like an attempt to weaken Team Canada and Team USA.

I guess maybe I'm just too old?? 

Nevermind.... :(

Archived