The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

Worst scoring week for my team. Aziz's forwards scored 8 goals and 24 assists to my 10 goals and 8 assists and still it was within 4 points for the match....GRRRR. To make matters worse, Dubnyk and Quick had off weeks.

Now I face JR in a match I expect to be the underdog since my Captain is on a short schedule :(

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crow:

I beat out my FHL opponent this past week by one of the slimmest margins possible: a mere 1.7 points!

And it was touch n go all the way because whether I won or he won depended on whether my opponent's Cory Schneider got a shut out, or whether he ended up with a ton of saves with only a goal given up.

Turns out, Schneider came very close, lost his shut out about midway through the final period, continued to make saves, but came up just short at the end in terms of saves needed and the fact the opposing Canucks managed to score one last goal before time expired.

Cory Schneider and his Devils STILL took the game in Vancouver by a 3-2 score (Congrats to them), but it was too little, too late for my FHL opponent.

Now....its on to a particularly tough matchup against an opponent who seems to share players on the same teams I have them on........might have to dig a bit deeper on this matchup to find areas I can have an edge.....

Still mad about losing to Aziz lol.

But decent Monday to start the week. JR has 29 points to my 27, but he had 7 skaters and 2 goalies to my 5 skaters and 1 goalie.

Ill probably pull slightly ahead tonight with 2 skaters to 0 tonight, both Centers

Still mad about losing to Aziz lol.

I still can't believe I lost to you by less than 2 points!  LOL .... so I get your feeling.  I took JR down last week, (it helps when your goalies get 4 wins and 2 shut outs and that is with Lundqvist on the bench!) so I am sure he is looking to get back in the win column. 

Started off the week very strong against Bak (41 points last night).  Another shutout and 2 more wins for my goalies and a nice 12 point performance by Marchand.  Quiet night for me tonight and then a full boat on Wed.

Can't believe how close the standing are...5 teams at 5-2 with 2 more at 4-3.  Alot of good GM's with good teams.

I still can't believe I lost to you by less than 2 points!  LOL .... so I get your feeling.  I took JR down last week, (it helps when your goalies get 4 wins and 2 shut outs and that is with Lundqvist on the bench!) so I am sure he is looking to get back in the win column. 

Started off the week very strong against Bak (41 points last night).  Another shutout and 2 more wins for my goalies and a nice 12 point performance by Marchand.  Quiet night for me tonight and then a full boat on Wed.

Can't believe how close the standing are...5 teams at 5-2 with 2 more at 4-3.  Alot of good GM's with good teams.

We expected our match to be razor close  lol. But Aziz's 1-5 team had a best week of the season against me while mine was pretty "Meh" in scoring and goaltending. I expected to have a blowout week and instead I lost.

This is a weird week too since Nobody plays Thursday and it creates a lot of back to backs Fri/Sat. Might affect starting goalies

Crow:

Bobby Ryan got on the board quickly against the Stars and gave me a fast score while my opponent has NO players going tonight!

Gripe:

Ryan's goal came while my other player in FHL on the ice tonight, Alex Goligoski was on the ice to ding him for a -1.

This is further complicated when the Sens come up with a 2nd goal...and yep, Goligoski was on the ice for that as well for a total of -2 in the early going for the Dallas defenseman.

Fortunately, the Stars have the kind of firepower where a 2-0 is far from insurmountable....and Goligoski oftentimes is part of whatever offense is mustered up......I only hope Bobby Ryan isn't on the ice when the Stars come a-callin...hehe.

First, the NAHANA folks should probably know why I say this, but @Polaris922 is a really good guy. Kudos for class.

Okay, so I traded Spezza for Lehtonen on Sunday Yahoo takes a couple days for other managers to veto trades so the trade wasn't effective until today. Lehtonen plays like five minutes last night in relief of Niemi and gets hit by his own defenseman and is out with a concussion.

That's my luck!

First, the NAHANA folks should probably know why I say this, but @Polaris922 is a really good guy. Kudos for class.

Okay, so I traded Spezza for Lehtonen on Sunday Yahoo takes a couple days for other managers to veto trades so the trade wasn't effective until today. Lehtonen plays like five minutes last night in relief of Niemi and gets hit by his own defenseman and is out with a concussion.

That's my luck!

I wondered exactly what happened to Lehtonen.......it wasn't reported on NHL Network, but apparently YOU were the cause of his injury....  :lol:

That's my luck!

Don't forget to tell why he is such a good guy

And he offered to trade back :)

Here's a gripe. My opponent in the work pool has Getzlaf. Who has scored about as well as Jordin Tootoo this year. Until last night when he decides to have a 5 assist night. All i all, the few players I have see time playing have a combined total of 0 points, 5 sog and -4, meanwhile he is  leading in all categories 3 goals, 10 assists, +5, 5ppp, and 1 gwg. Neither of us have played a goalie yet.

Ottawa wins and scored 7 goals and somehow my Turris is 0 points and -2

Yeah, so here's the deal @Polaris922 offered to reverse the trade.   That takes a tremendous amount of class.  But,  honestly, that's not fair to him either.   It was a trade made in good faith and the timing just stinks.  But really, the offer was really cool of him.

I wondered exactly what happened to Lehtonen.......it wasn't reported on NHL Network, but apparently YOU were the cause of his injury....  :lol:

Yeah, I mentioned this on the league message board, but the same thing happened last year.   I traded Nash to jammer for Seguin and  before the trade was official Seguin got hurt and was out for several weeks.

This is one reason why I don't typically pick Flyers, but I'm thinking about adding Nick Schultz

Yeah, I mentioned this on the league message board, but the same thing happened last year.   I traded Nash to jammer for Seguin and  before the trade was official Seguin got hurt and was out for several weeks.

This is one reason why I don't typically pick Flyers, but I'm thinking about adding Nick Schultz

Wow, Rux...

That is some SERIOUS voodoo mumbo jumbo right there...uncanny.... :P

voodoo-doll-philadelphia-flyers.gif

Now if I had traded a goalie to you, they would have immediately been the first star of the week, a shoe in for the Vezina, a good shot at the Hart, and even get a few votes for the Calder even if they were a ten year veteran. And the player I traded for would immediately get busted for cocaine with a 15 year old hooker.

LOL.

Now if I had traded a goalie to you, they would have immediately been the first star of the week, a shoe in for the Vezina, a good shot at the Hart, and even get a few votes for the Calder even if they were a ten year veteran. And the player I traded for would immediately get busted for cocaine with a 15 year old hooker.

That's actually quite true.

From our trade earlier this year, do have anyone left beside Perry?  I only have Halak; I dropped the other two like a backpack at a parade.   

That's actually quite true.

From our trade earlier this year, do have anyone left beside Perry?  I only have Halak; I dropped the other two like a backpack at a parade.   

I have Perry who is heatring up quite nicely thank you. I cut Howard who is meh, and traded Burns for Carter/Kesler.

So of all the bodies involved in the deal I traded:

Halak

and added:

Perry

Carter

Kesler

I do that deal every day of the week..

I have Perry who is heatring up quite nicely thank you. I cut Howard who is meh, and traded Burns for Carter/Kesler.

So of all the bodies involved in the deal I traded:

Halak

and added:

Perry

Carter

Kesler

I do that deal every day of the week..

Technically, it was 

Halak

Backes

Vatanen

For 

Perry

Carter

Kessler

You still do that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I needed a goalie (because Howard is MEH), so I'm okay with it.

Gripe...

As the old adage says: "pride cometh before a fall".... well one minute I am gloating how well my goalies are doing one minute and well......Lundqvist gets lit up like a Christmas tree up by the Habs last night and Allen falls to the Pens in OT.  Somehow I still manage to have the slimmest of leads over Bak.

Gripe...

As the old adage says: "pride cometh before a fall".... well one minute I am gloating how well my goalies are doing one minute and well......Lundqvist gets lit up like a Christmas tree up by the Habs last night and Allen falls to the Pens in OT.  Somehow I still manage to have the slimmest of leads over Bak.

I had a lucky night last night where the usual guys who never score scored. Kesler, Fisher, etc

Built up a near 30 point lead. But that lead is not safe vs JR lol. Especially since I benched Pavelski/Hertl this week due to only playing 2 games.

@J0e Th0rnton

Oh and did I mention I benched Kuznetsov because he recently has been inconsistent in favor for Draisaitl who has been very consistent...and what happens..yup Draisaitl gets 1.2 pts last night and Kuznetsov gets 12 pts... (SMH and face plant into wall)......

Still plenty of hockey left this week and anyting can happen....

@J0e Th0rnton

Oh and did I mention I benched Kuznetsov because he recently has been inconsistent in favor for Draisaitl who has been very consistent...and what happens..yup Draisaitl gets 1.2 pts last night and Kuznetsov gets 12 pts... (SMH and face plant into wall)......

Still plenty of hockey left this week and anyting can happen....

My best Dman is Carlson, and he until recently has been running very cold. ice cold in fact.

He had a 12 game stretch where he only got a goal and 2 assists. But I tend to not bench Caps as they usually throw punches in bunches.

I am guessing Draisaitl has not gotten Wing eligibility yet?

I am guessing Draisaitl has not gotten Wing eligibility yet?

No.. :angry:!   I am rotating him at the utility position for right now.   ESPN would make my life much easier if they just give him the damm winger eligibility! :P

Archived