The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

Twas a good week.

I've surpassed @ruxpin via a 14-1 win against @aziz to take the #1 spot in NAHANA

Still a distant 2nd in the Philly.com league behind @yave1964

Yave and I meet up in both leagues this week. -- Should be fun although it is a shortened week.

And I've moved into a tie with @JR Ewing for 2nd place behind @pilldoc as both @yave1964 and @J0e Th0rnton Th0rton have slipped down to 3rd place.

Somehow I still pull out a win depsiite Lundqvist, who recently,  is seriously crapping the bed. Thank god the Rags only have 1 game this week and I sit his ass down. 

Meanwhile in the Bantam League, I have gone 2-0 since taking over for a GM who shall remain nameless.  That team is still a putrid 4-7, but at least I am now withing striking range of a playoff spot.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow I still pull out a win depsiite Lundqvist, who recently,  is seriously crapping the bed

I tied polaris this week.  I lost every single goalie category and Lundy probably cost me every single one.    The Rangers stink in general right now, but his bad numbers aren't entirely on the team.  He suddenly stinks in his own right.

I went into the week only two points up on @hf101 and with less wins, so with hf going 14-1 I wasn't going to hold onto first place anyway (hf now has a nice cushion), and hf and I are both up significantly on third place, but still.  King needs to turn it around quickly.

Meanwhile in the Bantam League, I have gone 2-0 since taking over for a GM who shall remain nameless.  That team is still a putrid 4-7, but at least I am now withing striking range of a playoff spot.

Excellent!  which says alot of the managing talent of the previous owner, lol.

Somehow I still pull out a win depsiite Lundqvist, who recently,  is seriously crapping the bed. Thank god the Rags only have 1 game this week and I sit his ass down. 

I was thinking about this just the other day...what a difference a little research and thought put into making a lineup can make.

Good job, Doc.

Excellent!  which says alot of the managing talent of the previous owner, lol.

A few moves here and few moves there and this team looks better.  Now granted the goalie situation won't improve much.  He did have Mrazek, whom I kept, but I picked up Nilsson (Edm) and Hellebucyk (Wpg) who I hope will get a few wins here and there.

The previous owner seriously neglected the goalie position.

Barely won in my Yahoo league, and it was a near thing until Washington went nuts. Now I have a conundrum - Play Rick Nash, who only has one game this week (against Anaheim), or bench him for Forsberg who has two. If Nash has a big game, it won't get averaged down. But if he goes pointless, there's no second game to give him an opportunity to bring his point total up.

I guess I have to crow today despite a loss last week. With as hectic as things have been for me lately, I forgot to set my roster last week. That's the second time that has happened to me, but I'm 1-1 in those weeks and still tied for second place. Things could be so much worse. Lol

Hey I have a CROW! :)

Picked up both Bozak and Komarov in the Bantam Fantasy League. Last night they earned me a combined 31.1 pts. (5G, 1A, +3, 3 PPP, 11 FOW, 1 Hat Trick, 10 SOG,  3 Hits)  

Hopefully this is more than just a 1 week wonder for them.

Hey I have a CROW! :)

Picked up both Bozak and Komarov in the Bantam Fantasy League. Last night they earned me a combined 31.1 pts. (5G, 1A, +3, 3 PPP, 11 FOW, 1 Hat Trick, 10 SOG,  3 Hits)  

Hopefully this is more than just a 1 week wonder for them.

Bozak and Kadri at least have been solid "Pick up when I have 3-4 games" guys. Tons of faceoffs from those two, and while Kadri scores less, he usually shoots a ton too. Komarov is more "hot one week" a type

Because it's been three hours, there is a new NAHANA trade:

To Billyport Crips

Ryan Miller (aka Son of Christ)

Justin Faulk

To Bogey's Fogeys

Dan Phaneuf (aka Son of Satan)

Jaroslav Halak

I hate like hell giving up Halak, but getting Luongo from @jammer2 may have made him expendable.   This trade is completely about Faulk for me.   So, we'll see.

My defense is now:

Faulk

Subban 

Suter

Because it's been three hours, there is a new NAHANA trade:

To Billyport Crips

Ryan Miller (aka Son of Christ)

Justin Faulk

To Bogey's Fogeys

Dan Phaneuf (aka Son of Satan)

Jaroslav Halak

I hate like hell giving up Halak, but getting Luongo from @jammer2 may have made him expendable.   This trade is completely about Faulk for me.   So, we'll see.

My defense is now:

Faulk

Subban 

Suter

Very fair trade methinks.

Fills needs on both teams. Lundqvist, Luongo and Miller is a very strong goalie team. And what you lose in PIM's you gain in scoring and PPP.

I still think you committed highway robbery on the RoR trade, so good for you lol.

Mother of...............

We have our first tie in the all start League! Which I figured the odds were astronomically against ever happening.

Doc and Aziz both ended the week with 115.9

Yeah can you freakin believe it......Stamkos and Bozak saved he butt and yet I could not get one additional shot on goal or save. :confused[1]:  Hey on the bright side I did not incur a loss! :)   FYI.this is atually the 2nd tie!  We had a tie in the Bantam League during Week #8 between Bambie on Ice and Reedy Creek Buccaneers. (158.7 - 158.7)

Yeah can you freakin believe it......Stamkos and Bozak saved he butt and yet I could not get one additional shot on goal or save. :confused[1]:  Hey on the bright side I did not incur a loss! :)   FYI.this is atually the 2nd tie!  We had a tie in the Bantam League during Week #8 between Bambie on Ice and Reedy Creek Buccaneers. (158.7 - 158.7)

Yeah, I meant tie in the all star league, but my phone auto correct sucks

@ruxpin

Good Morning Rux.....agree...What the hell!!!! Has his body suddenly been taken over by Leighton???   He is really ticking me off.  It is like he never played the position before. I am losing some major points because of him. (banging my head against the wall)

Archived