The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

Here is a gripe. IN my work league, I have Krejci, Backstrom and Turris. 3 of the best performing centers in the league. Should be a crow right?

Nope.

Our work league only has 2 C positions and no utility positions and all 3 of them are pure C's. And last week, + This week and the week of Nov14-20, they all play on the same days almost every day.

GRRRRRRRRRR. It cost me this weeks match by 2 SOG, 1 assist and 2 goals.

I have received some silly lowball offers like Abdelkader + DOmi for Turris and Keith, but nothing substantial

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, It looked like a standard Rux offer :ph34r:

Mine have looked nothing like that, though.   Domi will be good, but Abdelkader is and forever will be waiver wire fodder (maybe a little better if your league scores hits).  For Turris (goals, assists, FW, PPP) and Keith?    

Yeah, I stick with "disgusting."   That's almost as bad as Henrique for Johanssen, right @yave1964?   :ph34r:

Mine have looked nothing like that, though.   Domi will be good, but Abdelkader is and forever will be waiver wire fodder (maybe a little better if your league scores hits).  For Turris (goals, assists, FW, PPP) and Keith?    

Yeah, I stick with "disgusting."   That's almost as bad as Henrique for Johanssen, right @yave1964?   :ph34r:

YUCK, YUCK YUCK. :D

I dunno. They have been pretty lowball with you refusing to ever trade good players lol. :D

You tried to trade me Howard and Perry for Rinne and Voracek

You tried to trade me Howard and Perry for Rinne and Voracek

Yeah, that one was a little (lol) weak.  Just checking to see if you were paying attention.   Perry/Voracek is a wash (at this point, anyway), but Howard for Rinne was craziness.

Crow: My team seems pretty consistent with the peripheral stats....but...

Gripe: Gotta pick it up in the scoring department

Near the bottom of the standings in goals and assists....faceoffs, hits, blocks, SOG are all nice and I certainly see the value in players that do all that, but the bottom line is, to win most matchups most weaks in the Bantam, you NEED to have the scoring.

Hopefully, some tweaks this week will help that.

Crow: My team seems pretty consistent with the peripheral stats....but...

Gripe: Gotta pick it up in the scoring department

Near the bottom of the standings in goals and assists....faceoffs, hits, blocks, SOG are all nice and I certainly see the value in players that do all that, but the bottom line is, to win most matchups most weaks in the Bantam, you NEED to have the scoring.

Hopefully, some tweaks this week will help that.

Lies! Peripheral stats = win!

My team is 3rd last in scoring with 21 goals total since the season started and middle of the pack in Assists tied for 6th-8th. 3rd last in PPP with 22!.

But I am still 2nd overall in fantasy points with 638. Yave and his monster start with 4 Habs including 4 Price Shutouts being #1, JR being #3(but IMO, JR has the best team and the one that scares me most)

firefox%202015-11-02%2016-43-02-80.jpg

Yeah, that one was a little (lol) weak.  Just checking to see if you were paying attention.   Perry/Voracek is a wash (at this point, anyway), but Howard for Rinne was craziness.

"A little"

lol

I inquired about others and you named every producing player on the team as untouchable :P

"A little"

lol

I inquired about others and you named every producing player on the team as untouchable :P

Well, I tried to trade you Turris.    That was actually a pretty even trade but still would have been horrible for both of us.   There is honestly nothing on your team that gets you Seguin or Benn.  McJesus, maybe.   Even then, no, because having them both puts me in a really good position.

Stone/Turris does that for me, too.  It does hamstring me for trades, though.

Well, I tried to trade you Turris.    That was actually a pretty even trade but still would have been horrible for both of us.   There is honestly nothing on your team that gets you Seguin or Benn.  McJesus, maybe.   Even then, no, because having them both puts me in a really good position.

Stone/Turris does that for me, too.  It does hamstring me for trades, though.

Actually, you said no to trading any Ottawa guy too, along with your Dallas top dogs.

Actually, you said no to trading any Ottawa guy too, along with your Dallas top dogs.

Yeah, I did.  And then I offered him in the deal for Rinne (which you thankfully turned down).   Thankfully because, yeah, I don't want to break up either tandem.   

Obviously, the Ottawa guys don't get me what the Stars guys are producing, but it's similar just below that.  One scores and 70% of the time I get an assist on it from the other.  When it's on the power play I get two PPP for one goal, so it's a sweet deal.

Yeah, I did.  And then I offered him in the deal for Rinne (which you thankfully turned down).   Thankfully because, yeah, I don't want to break up either tandem.   

Obviously, the Ottawa guys don't get me what the Stars guys are producing, but it's similar just below that.  One scores and 70% of the time I get an assist on it from the other.  When it's on the power play I get two PPP for one goal, so it's a sweet deal.

You offered him in a 3 player trade, as I recall, but added 2 "Meh players". taking 2 of my keepers and returning me only 1 Keeper caliber player.

I just can't do trades like that while rebuilding. I came into this season with only 3 keeper caliber players and I need to end with 5 Keeper caliber players, including a goalie.

So late in the season at the trade deadline, depending on how my youngsters do, ill be offering 2 or 3 players for 1 trades to whoever wants to part with a good young superstar to overpad their stats at the end. You won't gets deals on the waiver wire like you will with a guy trying to secure a keeper

For instance, Rux, if you find Nyquist, Hudler, Ward, and Brouwer are not cutting the mustard late in the season(Having 35-30 point seasons), and want to add a Steen + Erikkson + Vanek(Assuming they are still scoring well at a 60 point pace) for Turris and drop some dead weight, give me a call lol

All depends on how things go by the trade deadline. Maybe some of my younger players step up. Dratsaitl or Bennett might, or Larkin. I expect Vorecek will eventually start scoring. If Burns AND Josi keep scoring I might have 2 Dman keepers

Crow:  Today, I get 10 players, plus two possible goalies going against my opponent's single RW'er.

I BETTER rack up the big points........because....

Gripe:  Tomorrow, my opponent has a RW and Three D-men, plus a possible goalie....and I-have-NO-players-going....at all....

Crazy schedule!

Crow:  Today, I get 10 players, plus two possible goalies going against my opponent's single RW'er.

I BETTER rack up the big points........because....

Gripe:  Tomorrow, my opponent has a RW and Three D-men, plus a possible goalie....and I-have-NO-players-going....at all....

Crazy schedule!

I don't know how things play out for your team in Nov....but the last week of this month, I have NO players going on the usual super busy nights of Tuesday and Thursday, but have a full line up on a usual slow Wendesday and Friday.

Crow: T. Seguin gets a hat trick last night which includes 2 PPG and nets me 18 Fantasy Points for the night. 

Crow #2: N. MacKinnon gets me 13 points and helps propel me to a 75 - 17 lead over Polaris.

Gripe...So Jake Allen is hot and if he keeps up his play could bcome the #1 in St. Louis.  I drafted him, dropped him and then reacquired him.  So I started Allen over C. Anderson thining he has struggled lately and the Sens were playing the red hot Habs despite the injury to Price.   So with that thinking I bench Anderson. 

So what happens...Allen loses 3-0 and Anderson hold the red hot Habs to 1 goal and wins in OT....Arrghhhhhh!!!!!!!  (pounding my head against the wall!)

Good news..so far I'm still up so hopefully losing these points won't bite me in the rear.

I don't know how things play out for your team in Nov....but the last week of this month, I have NO players going on the usual super busy nights of Tuesday and Thursday, but have a full line up on a usual slow Wendesday and Friday.

http://leftwinglock.com/schedules/

This thing is GOD to figuring out if and when to trade Turris lol.

it also helps me with my Sunday add/Drops. I tend to have an expendable player or two who I can drop and pick up a guy playing on Sunday to bolster certain stats in my work league(Counts SOG, etc). My expendable list has gotten shorter tho and now I want to keep all of them.

Crow:

Big lead on this weeks FHL Bantam opponent, Team Baker....and based on the schedule and players involved now through Sunday, looks like I may have this one wrapped up.

Gripe:

I better not expect a landslide like this against next week's opponent, Dumpster Fire. I dearly need some consistency from my guys!

I hope I don't regret dropping certain previously cold players as the last couple games, some of those guys looked pretty darned good...figures...lol

Oh, and addendum Gripe:

Calgary...please STOP sucking....mmmK?

Thanks.

Can we make this the "Laugh at people" thread too?

Team Dunlop picked up Carl Klingberg last week, obviously thinking it was the good Klingberg from Dallas as opposed to the 24 year old bust Klingberg Atlanta picked 6 years ago.

Took a week, but he finally noticed the guy has no stats and dropped him to waivers :lol:

Can we make this the "Laugh at people" thread too?

Team Dunlop picked up Carl Klingberg last week, obviously thinking it was the good Klingberg from Dallas as opposed to the 24 year old bust Klingberg Atlanta picked 6 years ago.

Took a week, but he finally noticed the guy has no stats and dropped him to waivers :lol:

Now THAT'S funny!

I was laughing all week, but never said anything. I don't even know who the guy is on this site lol

Hmmm..Rule #1 of any Fantasy League...always research your players...LOL..that is pretty funny.......

on another note.....

Here's to  a good match-up between our two teams :)

Hmmm..Rule #1 of any Fantasy League...always research your players...LOL..that is pretty funny.......

on another note.....

Here's to  a good match-up between our two teams :)

Yeah, i sent a "Good luck" in the smack talk box in the league lol.

Should be a tight one. The last guys who are 4-1 are you, JR and I. To the death!!!!!!!!!!!!

My match against JR makes me mad. 8th week, Sharks only play 2 games so Pavelski and Hertl get handicapped, and his best players play 4 games...........

But I am thinking happy thoughts :)

My team is built to get stronger as scoring decreases and Peripheral stats become more important. Mwahahaha

Hmmm..Rule #1 of any Fantasy League...always research your players...

Or, you know, at least take the time to see what the hell team they're on. I couldn't figure out why Clark Bishop wasn't getting me any goalie stats.

Archived