Buff Boards Pominville

hf101

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many games for Byfuglien?

With about 2 minutes to go in a 5-4 game against the Wild,  Big Buff lays out this hit on a defenseless Pomminville.  The call on the ice was 2:00 for Boarding, but the league surely should be giving Big Buff a phone call.  Byfuglien's last suspension was 4 games how many should he get for this unnecessary hit?

Parise yelling at Byfuglien.  " Are you serious You didn't have to **** do that" 

and here is a close up

https://streamable.com/3v5u

I dunno 101, it was a bang, bang kinda thing. I don't know if there was any real intent to hurt Pommer. I think he expected him to get back on his feet and start to forecheck/pursue the puck and he hit him to cut off his path to the puck. Plus, he took no extra steps, I'd let this one slide.

I dunno 101, it was a bang, bang kinda thing. I don't know if there was any real intent to hurt Pommer. I think he expected him to get back on his feet and start to forecheck/pursue the puck and he hit him to cut off his path to the puck. Plus, he took no extra steps, I'd let this one slide.

yeah, a trip and, and an extra hip check to the numbers of a defenseless player, clear boarding imo.

If you watch the slow motion portion, looks intentional. I would say 2-3. (But since there was no injury or no serious injury, maybe 1-2.) I feel like Player Safety are handing out dumb lengths for things not as intentional or serious. I say serious because that hit there could have been far worse and could gave been a 5 and a game. 

It might have been intentional, but if Pommer did regain his footing and got to that puck first, it could have really turned into a decent scoring chance. It could be as simple as Buff making sure he finished his check so there was no way Pommer could reach that loose puck.

It might have been intentional, but if Pommer did regain his footing and got to that puck first, it could have really turned into a decent scoring chance. It could be as simple as Buff making sure he finished his trip so there was no way Pommer could reach that loose puck.

there fixed it for ya.  ;)

If you watch the slow motion portion, looks intentional. I would say 2-3. (But since there was no injury or no serious injury, maybe 1-2.) I feel like Player Safety are handing out dumb lengths for things not as intentional or serious. I say serious because that hit there could have been far worse and could gave been a 5 and a game. 

Everything looks intentional in slow motion.

I'd like to see the league give him more games than his last suspension, but since the league looked the other way with the Rinaldo hit vs being forced to give Rinaldo more than 8 games I think they wont be giving Big Buff more than 4 games. Thus he will probably get nothing.

imo, this hit deserves a game or two as it was reckless and not necessary.

Everything looks intentional in slow motion.

Not always. Even at regualar speed it still does. He was down for quite some time, buf knew it and continued to hit him. Intentional.

Archived