How many games is Dubinsky going to receive?

hf101

6 members have voted

1. 1. How many games is Dubinsky going to receive?

I know you love the guy, but he was throwing punches with his gloves on. To a guy being held helpless and prone by another teammate. Punches to the back of the head under the helmet and to the beanbag. I know you love to say "He was aiming for his bum", but you know as well as we do that he was going for the bagtag.

Point remains he did it one time. Years ago. In a scrum. Every player in the league is guilty of occasional stupidity in the course of their careers. This was not exactly something to write home about. And say they actually let it go on purpose... Does that one incident show a "just cuz it's Crosby" mentality? Absolutely not. And again I challenge anybody to show me where the league does anything to protect Crosby.

Nobody can because they don't do a damn thing.

Did Dubinsky get a game ?

that shot seems unfortunate to me...but so what, Dubs hits Crosby real hard at the base of his skull with his stick, intention be damned you have to have control of your stick , that is taught from the time you're a mite. 

So for me Dubs should hear from the league because that play results in an injury the league is trying to "cut down on"

Did Dubinsky get a game ?

that shot seems unfortunate to me...but so what, Dubs hits Crosby real hard at the base of his skull with his stick, intention be damned you have to have control of your stick , that is taught from the time you're a mite. 

So for me Dubs should hear from the league because that play results in an injury the league is trying to "cut down on"

Yup. One game.

Dubi has always done things like that and gotten away with it. Its surprising this is his first suspension.  Not only does he deliver a crosscheck to the back of the head, but he breaks his stick with a cross check to the lower back while Crosby's on the ice.  One game is a vacation day for him.   Torts has the team in prime form, probably whined that it was even a penalty.

Did you see Tortsie's comments about the Pens' "whining"?  Funny - I missed anyone on the Pens going out of there way to "whine" about that play.  If anyone came off as a whiner in this whole fiasco it's Tortsie Roll.

The Flyers fan perspective in many of these posts is humorous. The league has failed to protect Crisby time and time again. Has failed to punish for cheap shorting Crosby time and time again. And yet some of you think a suspension will only be because it's Crosby that gets hit? Look back through history and tell me when that has happened...

Pop quiz.  Who was the first player suspended for a hit on Crosby? A: Brandon Dubinsky.  :ph34r:

But hey, as history has proven so many times, everyone seems to get 1 game..."because it's Crosby."  SMH.

It was a dirty hit. But, that type of shot (spell shot anyway you want) happens often. Dubinsky should sit because a crosscheck to the back of the neck could cripple.

Suppose you're in charge of enforcement in the NHL. And, Crosby (or any star) gets a questionable hit. If you rule for his attacker, he might have a "lower body injury" at all-star time. How much money would the league lose by his absence?

Not saying it's going to happen. But, if I was Sid, I might play that card.

Crosby has played the "lower body injury card" for the Allstar game all through his career. I don't know exactly, because I don't watch it, but I think he's only played in one. Sure he might have been injured for a couple...

Point remains he did it one time. Years ago. In a scrum. Every player in the league is guilty of occasional stupidity in the course of their careers. This was not exactly something to write home about. And say they actually let it go on purpose... Does that one incident show a "just cuz it's Crosby" mentality? Absolutely not. And again I challenge anybody to show me where the league does anything to protect Crosby.

Nobody can because they don't do a damn thing.

Lol . His general attitude towards the game sucked last night. But i only have watched 3 minutes from the PVR so far

Crosby slashes wingels, Wingels turns towards him, Crosby literally jumps on the bench almost screaming "move move move" , what a little *****

Lol . His general attitude towards the game sucked last night. But i only have watched 3 minutes from the PVR so far

Crosby slashes wingels, Wingels turns towards him, Crosby literally jumps on the bench almost screaming "move move move" , what a little *****

Apparently you missed a lot. Like when your boy Thornton took his legs out from behind into the boards and nothing was called, or when he went after Pavelski for the contact with Scuderi. Yeah I'm sure Crosby is terrified of tough guy Wingels. Lol.

Was a nice butt end to the face by Ward on Malkin too the officials did a nice job of overlooking though. Or was it an elbow? Could you tell?

Archived