Top Ten Forwards Throughout 2010-Present

JagerMeister

So, halfway through this decade, who have been the best forwards so far?

Here are the forwards that should be in for discussion...

Claude Giroux

Steven Stamkos

Alexander Ovechkin

Evgeni Malkin

Sidney Crosby

John Tavares

Patrick Kane

Jamie Benn

The Sedins

Nicklas Backstrom

Ryan Getzlaf

Patrice Bergeron

Jonathan Toews

Anze Kopitar

Corey Perry

Tyler Seguin

Erik Karlsson :ph34r:

Henrik Zetterberg

Pavel Datsyuk

I can't figure out if the Sendin twins are quietly good and underrated or not quite as good as they were originally thought to be. I kind of feel the same way about a lot of names on that list. I'm stuck somewhere in between good player, but studs? A lot of good players, but I struggle to name a lot of superstars in this generation.

I think Toews is arguably the best forward of this generation. His offense is nothing special. He's quite street he actually and even when he's on his game the guy isn't even a consistent 70 point player. But his overall is sooooooooo good.

Toews is living proof that there's more to the game than just scoring points. He was +30 on his team last year -- the best.   :)

Completely agreed. The 60 point range, while not bad at all, is not impressive for a guy that's talked about to be one of the best in the league. However, when you combine 60+ points a year with absolutely stellar play in every other aspect of the game, he's a stud.

Completely agreed. The 60 point range, while not bad at all, is not impressive for a guy that's talked about to be one of the best in the league. However, when you combine 60+ points a year with absolutely stellar play in every other aspect of the game, he's a stud.

True, yet no one ever discusses Bergeron or Kopitar among these boards. Kopitars production is equivalent to that of Toews. And Bergeron has superior defense then both players while having a marginally decreased offensive production.

True, yet no one ever discusses Bergeron or Kopitar among these boards. Kopitars production is equivalent to that of Toews. And Bergeron has superior defense then both players while having a marginally decreased offensive production.

Of the three I think Toews gets talked about most, because his defense is better than Kopitar's and his offense is better than Bergeron's AND he has the hardware to back it all up (making him better overall).

Of the three I think Toews gets talked about most, because his defense is better than Kopitar's and his offense is better than Bergeron's AND he has the hardware to back it all up (making him better overall).
3 of them are as close to equivalents as you can get though. Its not as if Toews is significantly superior, if at all.

Funny.  I was just messing around with stats (I created my own little database) in a program called Tableau. 

Here's the list of forwards from 2010-2011 through 2014-2015 who had a positive plus minus and at least 50 points in at least one of those seasons.

Sorted by summed plus/minus.

post-3-0-03945700-1450299533_thumb.jpg

Funny.  I was just messing around with stats (I created my own little database) in a program called Tableau. 

Here's the list of forwards from 2010-2011 through 2014-2015 who had a positive plus minus and at least 50 points in at least one of those seasons.

Sorted by summed plus/minus.

There must be some mistake. I looked and looked but I didn't see Tyler Bozak on there anywhere! :ph34r:

Here's the reason I dislike 30 teams in the NHL. Who among us (professional "sportscasters" included) has seen enough of all 30 teams to make an educated run at this list? Answer: none of us.

All you can do is look at stats. Yaaaawnnn.  :blink[1]:

Archived