Game #33 - Flyers at Blue Jackets - Dec 19 2015 - 7:00 ET

brelic

Very nice to see Laughton score, in particular, how he scored. That was a goal scorers goal, and his assault on the water bottle made it all the more impressive. That is the kinda goal you can build confidence on....which is really the only ingredient he is missing right now. I've said it all along, when it's all said and done, this kid will produce points while being a thorn in the side of opponents.

I think they should put Gagner on G's line as a LW and put either Schenn, Simmer or Jake back on. Though I think the best thing for Coots is to keep Jake on his wing so that he can build up his hibernating offensive power he has.

I would like to see a line of Jake/Coots/Schenn to really jumpstart Coots and Schenns offensive potential as a pair. Thus would go along with Hexy's philosophy of having two solid forwards at each line with a complimentary forward to play around them.

Once Coots and Schenn can be weened off Jake, you insert him back with G as his winger.

We would be developing our young players with a veteran like The Great Jake that he is becoming and a mentor to our youth.

Very nice to see Laughton score, in particular, how he scored. That was a goal scorers goal, and his assault on the water bottle made it all the more impressive. That is the kinda goal you can build confidence on....which is really the only ingredient he is missing right now. I've said it all along, when it's all said and done, this kid will produce points while being a thorn in the side of opponents.

that really was a hell of a shot and the move to put himself in shooting position was even better. He flew past 3 CBJ players. That took some serious confidence, thinking aggressive to make a move like that..and a perfect, seeing-eye shot to cap it off. You can't do it any better than that.

I know you've been talking up this kid for awhile now...a move and a goal like that should give him new life.

-Nice to see both Voracek and Laughton get goals tonight. Laughton created a lot of space for himself on his, in particular.

-Gudas seems to read the offensive zone very well, even if scoring isn't really his game. Several good keeps tonight.

-Ghost tried to do too much in the OT, ended up turning it over when he tried to skate through everyone. He isnt going to be able to do that at this level. He should grow out of that, though.

-Glad to see Jake seems fine after that knee. Dubinsky will probably get a call from the league on that one.

I kind of don't want him or Del Zotto to grow out of trying to advance the puck, they're the only two players on the team that seem to think driving into the zone is better than the dump and chase bullshit.

Archived