Montreal acquires Scrivens from Edmonton

hockeyfan101

This reeks of desperation from Montreal to bring in Scrivens, but I don't know what choice they really have right now. As great as he started off, Condon has been even more dreadful since his collapse.

This reeks of desperation from Montreal to bring in Scrivens, but I don't know what choice they really have right now. As great as he started off, Condon has been even more dreadful since his collapse.

Yea...throwing Scrivens onto the pile can't make things any worse......or can it??

Really though, Condon did NOT have the team feeling particularly confident, and although I have seen him play some pretty good net on occasion, it was certainly buried under some seriously lackluster play by him as well.

And now, since the Habs aren't scoring like they were earlier in the year, the defense and goaltending in particular is being exposed.

So much for certain ppl's notions that the goalie isn't an important piece to a playoff team........... :ph34r:

As for the Oil and getting Zack Kassian, look....we all figured Kassian has too many issues to work through before he can become a reliable NHL forward.

And I don't always buy into this whole "change of scenery" thing.

But in his case, going from hockey crazy Montreal to equally hockey crazy, but not NEARLY as under the microscope, Edmonton, could do this guy some good.

Might also do him some good going back to Western Canada where he saw some of his best NHL play while a member of the Vancouver Canucks.

Perhaps now with the Oilers, and playing against teams such as the Flames and those same Canucks can bring out the fire that teams like Vancouver and Montreal thought they would see on a regular basis.

And being teammates with up n coming, fast paced, offense first types like what the Oilers have may help him too.

No matter how Kassian turns out though, it's a can't lose for the Oilers, as they certainly were done with Scrivens.

If you're the Canadiens, WTF are you doing picking up Scrivens? He sucks. This move does nothing to address the problems in Montreal. The Canadiens will always be a team that relies too heavily on goaltending. Nothing has changed in 25+ years.  :confused[1]:

7/10.

^ That's going to be my new catchphrase for the Montreal Canadiens. :lol::wub[1]:

Don't you know, WOW? The Habs think anyone who gets touched by that magical sideways toilet seat logo automatically becomes better, because they are a Hab.

You know, like they did with Semin? Ok, bad example....

:rolleyes:

Don't you know, WOW? The Habs think anyone who gets touched by that magical sideways toilet seat logo automatically becomes better, because they are a Hab.

You know, like they did with Semin? Ok, bad example....

:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is, if you need a reliable backup goalie to carry the load until Price returns then get an established and reliable backup goalie. Scrivens is a Leafs and Oilers cast-off. He's no better than Condon. Every trade that the Habs make is at best a lateral move. They have never addressed any deficiency on any of their teams for a quarter century. They just have whatever they have and it's never good enough to win anything. Basically, whatever Habs team starts the season is what they're going to roll with for the whole year. If they need more scoring, they won't get it. If their defence is weak, they won't fix it. They are forever 7/10, and they will never win another Stanley Cup.   :o  :)

The Montreal Canadiens have become David Simms:

post-1448-0-17397000-1451350904_thumb.jp

All I'm saying is, if you need a reliable backup goalie to carry the load until Price returns then get an established and reliable backup goalie. Scrivens is a Leafs and Oilers cast-off. He's no better than Condon. Every trade that the Habs make is at best a lateral move. They have never addressed any deficiency on any of their teams for a quarter century. They just have whatever they have and it's never good enough to win anything. Basically, whatever Habs team starts the season is what they're going to roll with for the whole year. If they need more scoring, they won't get it. If their defence is weak, they won't fix it. They are forever 7/10, and they will never win another Stanley Cup.   :o  :)

The Montreal Canadiens have become David Simms:

attachicon.gifDonJohnson-DaveSimms.jpg

You're just saying that to make me feel better.  Mwahahahaha. :lol:

It makes me wonder just how much is being kept out of the press as to Price's injury. If Scrivens is the answer tho, I sure as Hell don't think they understand the question.....

Yah, my thoughts exactly. Going after Scrivens strikes me as a desperation move, not a real hockey move.

Wonder how Condon or Tokarski feel about his trade.  

Does it mean that Canadiens feel that Scrivens is a better answer than either of them?

Bergevin has made lots of good trades.  Kinda wonder about this one.

On 2015-12-30 at 8:24 AM, BluPuk said:

The problem is the Habs have stopped overachieving. With no Carey Price to save them, we see the real Habs........ and it's ugly.

Yep. Without Carey Price standing on his head, the Habs are just an average team. :cheer:

Archived