Leafs call up AHL'ers for western trip

BluPuk

Looks like Lupul, Bozak and Matthias are out for the road trip west. Leivo, Arcobello and Clune in their spots. Lines at practice today:

Grabner Kadri Komarov
Holland Arcobello Parenteau
Winnik Spalling Leivo
Clune Froese Boyes

Exciting, eh WOW? LMAO. That's a tank line-up if I've ever seen one....

Visiting Calgary, Edmonton , Vancouver and Chicago. I predict 4 losses....

How can they expect this crew to work their butts off when management is providing THAT line-up?? :blushing:

29 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Looks like Lupul, Bozak and Matthias are out for the road trip west. Leivo, Arcobello and Clune in their spots. Lines at practice today:

Grabner Kadri Komarov
Winnik Spalling Leivo
Clune Froese Boyes

How can they expect this crew to work their butts off when management is providing THAT line-up?? :blushing:

If you put Bernier in net when you play the Oilers, I might just wet myself

I think they are doing the right thing tho, Babs refuses to rush kids, so guys like Gauthier, Kapanen and Nylander are getting a year of confidence and skill building with the Marlies. Babcock will have them learn the system he wants played at a lower level so next year all can step in and play crucial roles.

Overall the Leafs have been watchable this year, the product on the ice is a hell of a lot better than the cringe worthy post Carlyle season the Leafs had last year. Most of the guys playing this year will be long gone by the time Babs turns them around, but again, they are playing so that Nylander ect... do not have to. What are three or four more wins this year anyway? They are out of it, I say stay the course.

3 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Grabner Kadri Komarov
Winnik Spalling Leivo
Clune Froese Boyes

THAT right there...... is that the worst forward lineup in the history of the Maple Leafs?  (I'm being serious.)  We have to be pretty close to scrapping the bottom of the barrel at this point. We're 30th place (tied but still 30th), and one could argue that with expansion to 30 teams, that is the weakest, most unknown, and most uninspiring forward group the Leafs have ever put on the ice. 

Tank-tastic!  :thumbsu:

I'm hoping we can go 0-4-0. No ugly OT or shootouts either. Regulation losses is where it's at. That's gonna be tough though. It's hard to lose to Edmonton and Calgary because you really have to pull a complete no-show, and we know they're tanking too. 

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

If you put Bernier in net when you play the Oilers, I might just wet myself

Definitely Bernier in net for each of these games coming up! These are SOFT opponents and we need even SOFTER goaltending!

Matthias will be missed however! He is the worst defensive Toronto Maple Leaf player....... period.  We NEED him on this road trip to keep the losses going. 

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I think they are doing the right thing tho, Babs refuses to rush kids, so guys like Gauthier, Kapanen and Nylander are getting a year of confidence and skill building with the Marlies. Babcock will have them learn the system he wants played at a lower level so next year all can step in and play crucial roles.

Overall the Leafs have been watchable this year, the product on the ice is a hell of a lot better than the cringe worthy post Carlyle season the Leafs had last year. Most of the guys playing this year will be long gone by the time Babs turns them around, but again, they are playing so that Nylander ect... do not have to. What are three or four more wins this year anyway? They are out of it, I say stay the course.

I'm in total agreement. I don't want to see any more wins this season. Whatever they can do to help make that a reality is fine by me.  :)

On 2/9/2016 at 8:19 PM, WordsOfWisdom said:

THAT right there...... is that the worst forward lineup in the history of the Maple Leafs?  (I'm being serious.)  We have to be pretty close to scrapping the bottom of the barrel at this point. We're 30th place (tied but still 30th), and one could argue that with expansion to 30 teams, that is the weakest, most unknown, and most uninspiring forward group the Leafs have ever put on the ice. 

Tank-tastic!  :thumbsu:

I'm hoping we can go 0-4-0. No ugly OT or shootouts either. Regulation losses is where it's at. That's gonna be tough though. It's hard to lose to Edmonton and Calgary because you really have to pull a complete no-show, and we know they're tanking too. 

And somehow this Leaf team has the same chance of winning a cup as 95% of any Leaf team over the last 50 years. 

At least this one looks good for the lottery.

On 2/9/2016 at 9:26 PM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Definitely Bernier in net for each of these games coming up! These are SOFT opponents and we need even SOFTER goaltending!

Matthias will be missed however! He is the worst defensive Toronto Maple Leaf player....... period.  We NEED him on this road trip to keep the losses going. 

This was better than I imagined. 5 point night for McDavid

6 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This was better than I imagined. 5 point night for McDavid

The Leafs will do for McDavid what they always did for Gretzky: be an easy victim.  :biggrin:

That's the difference between the Oilers and the Leafs right there. The Oilers have a game-changer in their lineup. The Leafs don't. (The Leafs have never had that kind of player.)

Archived