Absolutely Garbage Officiating By a Garbage League!

Lunatic

10 hours ago, NRH said:

The hit looks more that guys fault than Gudas'

You don't skate that close to a player and talk **** to them and expect to just casually get away with it.

Flopping like he did should have also been a misconduct by that logic. Dude threw himself to the ice like Gudas sucker punched him.

I think we must be talking about two different plays and at this point I kinda don't feel like sorting it out ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2016 at 9:08 AM, King Knut said:

We've even traded away our Rinaldos and Carcillos, etc.  

Rinaldo is a good example of anti-Flyers bias by the refs.  As a Flyer, he once got called for embellishment getting crosschecked from behind face first into the boards.  The crosscheck wasn't called.  He also got an embellishment call when he was two-handed slashed in the back of the knee.  The knee buckled and he winced, but kept skating.  Embellishment?! 

As a Bruin he launched himself into Couturier's head.  No penalty, no suspension.    And you pointed out Brier noticed a significant difference in how the Flyers were officiated.  Just watch any game officiated by Ghislain Hebert or Tim Peel.

The bias is unfortunately real.

4 minutes ago, TedZep said:

Rinaldo is a good example of anti-Flyers bias by the refs.  As a Flyer, he once got called for embellishment getting crosschecked from behind face first into the boards.  The crosscheck wasn't called.  He also got an embellishment call when he was two-handed slashed in the back of the knee.  The knee buckled and he winced, but kept skating.  Embellishment?! 

As a Bruin he launched himself into Couturier's head.  No penalty, no suspension.    And you pointed out Brier noticed a significant difference in how the Flyers were officiated.  Just watch any game officiated by Ghislain Hebert or Tim Peel.

The bias is unfortunately real.

He got a 5 minute major and was ejected from the game on that play: http://www.hockeyforums.net/topic/66178-the-rinaldo-wasnt-suspended-thread/?page=1.

I will say my favorite was the 5 minute major he got for charging (I think) when he missed the check completely and did nothing but slam into the boards.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:07 PM, peter puck said:

I don't think it's the worst but it is the most inconsistent. 

Could the two ref system be a big part in this inconsistency?

Calling Toronto is a joke because they have already proven they can't get it right even with the ability to look at the replays several times over.

HOOKING???? Really???

4 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It's right there in the video.  Maybe he "intended" to lift the stick, but he got his blade into the hands of the puck carrier.  

Sorry i don't see it, his stick hits in front of where his hands is...which he just put back on his stick. Then he looks as if someone shot him...nice dive i say.

That is about as weak a call as you will ever see....and again the blatant dive was ridiculous. If I was better at editing, I would make a compilation of diving/flopping videos and send it to the NHL and ask them to at least consider broadcasting/fining or future suspension if they continue the diving to the responsible individuals.......

59 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

That is about as weak a call as you will ever see....and again the blatant dive was ridiculous. If I was better at editing, I would make a compilation of diving/flopping videos and send it to the NHL and ask them to at least consider broadcasting/fining or future suspension if they continue the diving to the responsible individuals.......

200_s.gif

Archived