The NHL Dive Team Gets Fined

radoran

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

We now allow time for this thread to devolve into a "discussion" about Sidney Crosby. (ninja)

LOL... Give it time rad... Give it time!

Long overdue and there are definitely more names that should be added. Marchand came to mind long before Crosby or Giroux. Cousins has been hamming up the contact pretty good too. I would not mind seeing him fined if it would stop him from doing it.

I'd have to see the highlights on the Kadri dives to know for sure. Kadri is more of a target out there. Teams take liberties with him and get away with all kinds of BS penalties that the refs don't call. When you're getting knocked around out there like a ping pong ball, what they call "diving" is just self preservation for a soft landing!  ;-)

Agree @WordsOfWisdom, Kadri is not normally a diver. He is certainly not on a par with some of the others mentioned in this thread. While I applaud the NHL's efforts to rid the game of divers, these fines are in reality used to raise fines money for the NHL owners, and add to the steaming pile of hyperbole the NHL shovels out to the "press".

The NHL could do themselves a world of good by donating 100% of those fines monies to the NHL players' pension fund.......?

8 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'd have to see the highlights on the Kadri dives to know for sure. Kadri is more of a target out there. Teams take liberties with him and get away with all kinds of BS penalties that the refs don't call. When you're getting knocked around out there like a ping pong ball, what they call "diving" is just self preservation for a soft landing!  ;-)

Wow, you are starting to sound like a certain pens fan....:o

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

Wow, you are starting to sound like a certain pens fan....:o

I wish they would post the highlights when they write a story like that. I'd like to see the dives myself so I can give them a score from 1 to 10.  :biggrin:

9 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Hey I said Giroux may have caught a rut! 

LOL. You were not the one I was referring to. I enjoy our give and takes and different points of views more often than not. For a Pens fan, you are definitely more grounded than most.

8 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I wish they would post the highlights when they write a story like that. I'd like to see the dives myself so I can give them a score from 1 to 10.  :biggrin:

We had discussed this before in the shoutbox about starting a highlight reel of the most egregious candidates for the Greg Louganis award and sending it to the NHL. If I was more tech saavy, and had the time, I would do it myself.

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

LOL. You were not the one I was referring to. I enjoy our give and takes and different points of views more often than not. For a Pens fan, you are definitely more grounded than most.

Thank you sir! 

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

We had discussed this before in the shoutbox about starting a highlight reel of the most egregious candidates for the Greg Louganis award and sending it to the NHL. If I was more tech saavy, and had the time, I would do it myself.

Getting paid never hurts either. :ahappy:

Archived