Eastern Conference QF Game 5 - Flyers at Capitals - Apr 22 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

We had NO business winning that game.....BUT WOW, I care about this series again!!!!

GO FLYERS!!!!! Lets party like it's 2010!!!!

That was crazy, the amount of shots they faced.   It felt like the Flyers were on the penalty kill for the last two periods.

6 hours ago, AndyS said:

Well, here's to hoping for a LOT of icing on our cake during this playoffs! :D

Let's go Flyers! (Ya gotta believe!)

Agreed:  This will be an interesting "High Noon" at the WFC.   LGF.

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What a stupid time for a hockey game...let alone a playoff game.

I agree! It's like the worst possible time! I don't want to watch tv for 2.5 hours in the middle of the day! 

But it caters to American audiences used to daytime sports. It's not common for us Canucks lol. 

1. Hindsight being 20/20 and all - I still think that Neuvy should have started game #3. We'll never know what might have been. That awful goal by Mason (worse than that Cup-losing goal by Leighton, other than the significance of it) told me that his head was just not in the game. He reminds me of Hextall (as a goalie) in that he was capable of making an absolutely jaw-droppingly spectacular save one minute, and the next let in one of the softest, back-breaking goals imaginable. Mason is a good guy and a good (good, not great) goalie. Unless our D is stellar in front of him, we're not winning a Cup with him.

2. We need more than 1 scoring line. I know, thank you, Captain Obvious.

3. This isn't Giroux's fault. (See #2 above.) The Caps' plan was to throw everything they had at Giroux & Ghost and force the rest of the Flyers to beat them. it worked.

4. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to game #7. But that speaks volumes to the character & grit of this team. 3 months ago, no one gave them a chance. I am pproud to be a Flyers fan, and can't wait to see what Provorov, Koneckny, and Caligula (or whatever his name is, assuming he signs with the Flyers) might bring to the team.

This team is going to be scary-good soon.

Archived