NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals

TropicalFruitGirl26

NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals  

21 members have voted

1. 1. NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals

• Capitals in 4 (Sweep)
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, B21 said:

Anyone notice the nifty little stick-lift and pick-pocketing of OV by Malkin that led to the GWG?  Pierre did. :-)

Not only that, but did you notice how OV initially had Malkin,  but then basically floated around in the center of the zone and didn't follow malkin to the other side of the ice after the first pass.  He was basically waiting for someone else to get him the puck to go the other way.  At that point Malkin was his man, and he left him go and picked up no one.

This is going to be a great series. I really hope the Capitals can tighten up there play from some of the sloppiness of the last series. If they do I feel they can win this series and move on in 7 games. Not going to be easy at all.

1 hour ago, Holtbeast said:

I think he will end up with a 1 game suspension.

With the NHL, I wouldn't bet on it, just because its the NHL.   The primary contact in the body, not the head, and he kept his arms in.  If they only look at him leaving his feet, maybe,  If they give him a game, so be it, but please don't compare this to Orpik's elbow directly to someone's head, not even close.

As for the game, really didn't like the sit back mod of the Pens in the third.  You just can't do that against a team like the Caps.  They have too much talent.  Just letting them get shot after shot is not the way to play.    

Just now, nossagog said:

Just letting them get shot after shot is not the way to play.    

yeah, it didn't work out so well for the Flyers, lol

8 minutes ago, nossagog said:

With the NHL, I wouldn't bet on it, just because its the NHL.   The primary contact in the body, not the head, and he kept his arms in.  If they only look at him leaving his feet, maybe,  If they give him a game, so be it, but please don't compare this to Orpik's elbow directly to someone's head, not even close.

As for the game, really didn't like the sit back mod of the Pens in the third.  You just can't do that against a team like the Caps.  They have too much talent.  Just letting them get shot after shot is not the way to play.    

Did you not see his shoulder go into his chin and jaw and leaving his feet?

I think the amount of shots the Penguins are allowing will soon come back to haunt them. The puck will start bouncing the Capitals way with 40 plus shots sooner or later. Murray was good, but that amount of shots on him some will go in at some point. Even though the Capitals lost tonight I believe it was the best game they have played in the playoffs and definitely better than any game in the Flyers series.

8 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

Did you not see his shoulder go into his chin and jaw and leaving his feet?

Yes, yes I did. Again, this is the NHL and the DPS, or DiPSHIT as I like to call them will look at this.   There was no need for him to leave his feet, and as I said, that is what they will look at.  But the DiPSHIT's will say that although late, the principle point of contact is the body.   Add to the fact that he wasn not injured, and think they'll fine him.

Don't get me wrong, if they suspend him, I won't complain, you do the crime you do the time.  

8 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

I think the amount of shots the Penguins are allowing will soon come back to haunt them. The puck will start bouncing the Capitals way with 40 plus shots sooner or later. Murray was good, but that amount of shots on him some will go in at some point. Even though the Capitals lost tonight I believe it was the best game they have played in the playoffs and definitely better than any game in the Flyers series.

Absolutely, for some reason last night, they took the foot off the throttle in the second and third and when into the defensive shell.  You just cannot do that, especially with a talented team like the Caps. Its like they say, that three goal lead is the worst, the Pens sat back and the Caps brought it hard and in the end, the Pens are hanging on at the end.

I'm still hoping for seven games, fun to watch these two teams.

Murray stole this one. Plain and simple.  But if you are going to win a Cup you will need your netminder to steal a few like this along the way. I know the Caps and Tortsie...sorry - I mean Trotzie...are taking "positive" line of thinking but they have to be frustrated.  They threw everything and the kitchen sink at the Pens and still came up short. 

10 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

Except that the Pens outshot the Caps 45-35 in Game 1 and 35-24 in Game 2. Just sayin'. :cool[1]:

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

Yes, yes I did. Again, this is the NHL and the DPS, or DiPSHIT as I like to call them will look at this.   There was no need for him to leave his feet, and as I said, that is what they will look at.  But the DiPSHIT's will say that although late, the principle point of contact is the body.   Add to the fact that he wasn not injured, and think they'll fine him.

Don't get me wrong, if they suspend him, I won't complain, you do the crime you do the time.  

Absolutely, for some reason last night, they took the foot off the throttle in the second and third and when into the defensive shell.  You just cannot do that, especially with a talented team like the Caps. Its like they say, that three goal lead is the worst, the Pens sat back and the Caps brought it hard and in the end, the Pens are hanging on at the end.

I'm still hoping for seven games, fun to watch these two teams.

I just think for those two reasons(leaving his feet & putting his shoulder into Marcus's chin and jaw) will give him at least 1 game.I don't think it is warranted anything more than that. Like you said he was not injured. Letang in an interview said his intent was not to injure him and IDK if he was just saying that, but I hope that was the truth.

Murray was somewhat inhuman at times last evening and I just can't see that continuing against a team like the Capitals who have the offense they do. You are absolutely correct, the Penguins have to play all 3 periods on defense hard or it will burn them sooner or later.

I am also hoping for a game 7.

I just think for those two reasons(leaving his feet & putting his shoulder into Marcus's chin and jaw) will give him at least 1 game.I don't think it is warranted anything more than that. Like you said he was not injured. Letang in an interview said his intent was not to injure him and IDK if he was just saying that, but I hope that was the truth.

Murray was somewhat inhuman at times last evening and I just can't see that continuing against a team like the Capitals who have the offense they do. You are absolutely correct, the Penguins have to play all 3 periods on defense hard or it will burn them sooner or later.

I am also hoping for a game 7.

No matter the player, do you think that they would EVER say, "Yeah, I thought I could a good shot to the head, so I took it".

HoltBeast, as a Caps fan though, care needs to be taken, there is a particular player on your team who is very important, loves to hit and leaves his feet quite often(the on hit on Ian Cole in the corner is a good example).  To signify leaving your feet as a key parameter for suspension is a little dangerous, be careful what you ask for. 

28 minutes ago, nossagog said:

No matter the player, do you think that they would EVER say, "Yeah, I thought I could a good shot to the head, so I took it".

HoltBeast, as a Caps fan though, care needs to be taken, there is a particular player on your team who is very important, loves to hit and leaves his feet quite often(the on hit on Ian Cole in the corner is a good example).  To signify leaving your feet as a key parameter for suspension is a little dangerous, be careful what you ask for. 

No player would say they would be out to injure another or they would be nuts.

I am not condoning it for any player even Capitals players. There is a reason why they look at that sort of hit and suspend for things like that. I don't care what player is doing it even if it is Ovie or any other player in the league. They all should be suspended in the same way. That is the main problem the NHL does not do that.

23 minutes ago, Holtbeast said:

No player would say they would be out to injure another or they would be nuts.

I am not condoning it for any player even Capitals players. There is a reason why they look at that sort of hit and suspend for things like that. I don't care what player is doing it even if it is Ovie or any other player in the league. They all should be suspended in the same way. That is the main problem the NHL does not do that.

That's what makes is so frustrating for all of us fans.   From past experience, the only consistency in the NLP DPS is its inconsistency.

7 hours ago, B21 said:

Except that the Pens outshot the Caps 45-35 in Game 1 and 35-24 in Game 2. Just sayin'. :cool[1]:

They did, but I was specifically talking about last nights game on Pittsburgh's ice.

26 minutes ago, nossagog said:

By the way, welcome to the boards to Holtbeast,  good to have a Caps fan around to defend the team.    Hope to have many a grand conversation with you. :goodjob:

Thank You. I am quite surprise there are no other Capitals fans on the boards with the recent good play they have had.

They did, but I was specifically talking about last nights game on Pittsburgh's ice.

I think part of that is that the Pens had the early lead and went into a shell.  I'm hoping as far as the Pens go, they go back to the speed game that they had in the first two games in Washington. That's what they are built for, not sitting back and defending.

6 minutes ago, nossagog said:

I think part of that is that the Pens had the early lead and went into a shell.  I'm hoping as far as the Pens go, they go back to the speed game that they had in the first two games in Washington. That's what they are built for, not sitting back and defending.

I agree that is the best situation for the Penguins. Without both Letang and Maatta on the D for the Penguins they are going to have to become creative putting those lines together. The Capitals also have to come out fast and play a speed game but not sloppy like several of the games against the Flyers

14 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

My hats just it though... The replay is quite clear those two things didn't happen.  The league even shows in the replay primary contact is chest and he only leaves his feet as a result of impact not to initiate it.  But the DiPShits throw a suspension anyway to shut up whining Trotz with absolutely ZERO grounds for it.  The .03 seconds barely even justifies the two minute penalty let alone a suspension.  Total and absolute bullshat!

Archived