NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Central (#1) Dallas Stars vs. Central (#2) St. Louis Blues

pilldoc

NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Central (#1) Dallas Stars vs. Central (#2) St. Louis Blues  

9 members have voted

1. 1. NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Central (#1) Dallas Stars vs. Central (#2) St. Louis Blues

• Stars in 4 (sweep)
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Blues in 4 (sweep)
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

Well...Well....well ....  Moving forward in the quest for lord stanly, look who has finally slayed the dragon and is.  Finally put the dagger in the blackhawks, the blues have.  Team, dominated the playoffs for most of the past six years is heading home, that has.  To test its mettle beyond the first round while an old challenger finally gets a chance.  Hmmmmmm.

All discussion between the Stars and Blues should go here.............

Agree with Joe completely, the Stars luck runs out in this series with the Blues riding high after finally defeating their arch nemesis. The Stars are a fun bunch, an eighties style end to end rush every moment of the game but the Blues control the tempo about as well as anyone around.

I'm with @yave1964. I was one of the foolish few who (weakly, yes, but still) held to the belief that this would be the year that STL would actually get out of the first round and past the 'Hawks. Ends up I may not be a foolish as I look!

I think the biggest obstacle for the Blues was overcoming what was inside their own heads, a far larger obstacle than the Stars will be. The Blackhawks were more of a threat to the Blues' game than the Stars are, IMHO. If they dispatch the Stars like I think they will, it will provide an even bigger boost to help get them to the Finals. They finish the Stars off at home.

Yep, the GMA crew invited Blues Hall of Famer Brett Hull on to reaffirm that Tony will be in attendance for his first hockey game during Game 3 of their semifinal series against the Dallas Stars.

“I’m going to do a little bit of [live tweeting.] I want to experience it. A lot of people tell me it gets crazy when it’s live," said Tony.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/celebrating-tony-x--the-greatest-new-hockey-fan-in-the-world-074323576.html

Good for hockey....

• 2 weeks later...

This part of my bracket was totally screwed after the 1st round loss of the Blackhawks to the Blues. Of course I had the Blackhawks going all the way. So I want any team other then the Blues to win. I want the Stars to win this in 7.

Now I have to hope for the Sharks or the Preds to knock out the Blues(the team who eliminated my Blackhawks). I think the Sharks would have a much better shot at doing just that in the next round so I will be cheering them on tomorrow evening in the game 7 versus the Preds.

The Blues did play a great game tonight.

3 minutes ago, SkyHigh30 said:

Now I have to hope for the Sharks or the Preds to knock out the Blues(the team who eliminated my Blackhawks). I think the Sharks would have a much better shot at doing just that in the next round so I will be cheering them on tomorrow evening in the game 7 versus the Preds.

The Blues did play a great game tonight.

Yeah i'd rather have San Jose then Nashville win and I would definitely want them to prevail against the Blues. But sorry to say, I'm glad the Blackhawks were eliminated. Be generous and give someone with no cup a chance! :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Funny what dothe do the Stars have invested in the net got to be north of 10 million and they are both meh....time to find one good one...and ship Let-one-in go in a trade....yikes

9 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

Yeah i'd rather have San Jose then Nashville win and I would definitely want them to prevail against the Blues. But sorry to say, I'm glad the Blackhawks were eliminated. Be generous and give someone with no cup a chance! :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

I can understand other fans want other teams to win The Cup, but I would never get tired of the Blackhawks winning it. :CelebratingSmiley:

6 minutes ago, SkyHigh30 said:

I can understand other fans want other teams to win The Cup, but I would never get tired of the Blackhawks winning it. :CelebratingSmiley:

A good time to be a Blackhawks fan!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts :devil:

2 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

A good time to be a Blackhawks fan!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts :devil:

They do have a great team to watch. I am enjoying it. I know it won't last forever. It never does in any sport. I have never seen the Cubs do really well and finally they have been really good and this could finally be there year.

Archived