LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

Love that they signed Bunnaman to a contract. Just incase anyone didn't know this, Bunnaman played on the 'checking' line in Kitchener and the third line accounted for 66 goals in total, 37 from Bunnaman alone. The kid knows how to put the puck in the net. I'm hoping that we have another Lindblom in the fold in that he went later because of a skating issue that can be corrected by adding some strength to his legs. I'm also hopeful that they move Bunnaman to the left wing. Could be a very, very, very good pro for the Flyers.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Lindblom and Sandstrom lose 2-1 in game 7 finals.

Sad. Now Oskar can get on with his pro career.

Not sure if he'll be joining the Phantoms.

That Phantoms team is going to be absolutely loaded over the next few years. You could have Rubstov, Vorobyov, Laberge, Hart, Allison, Bunnaman, Dove-McFalls (I know some people don't like him, but I love guys who are willing to do dirty work and do the unappreciated work in the game that's less noticeable than scoring), Sandstrom, Friedman, Salintri, Twarynski, Laczynski, Bernhardt, Hogberg, etc......That's absolutely unreal to have that kind of talent in the system. Add in what they draft this year and it's absolutely ludicrous.

6 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

That Phantoms team is going to be absolutely loaded over the next few years. You could have Rubstov, Vorobyov, Laberge, Hart, Allison, Bunnaman, Dove-McFalls (I know some people don't like him, but I love guys who are willing to do dirty work and do the unappreciated work in the game that's less noticeable than scoring), Sandstrom, Friedman, Salintri, Twarynski, Laczynski, Bernhardt, Hogberg, etc......That's absolutely unreal to have that kind of talent in the system. Add in what they draft this year and it's absolutely ludicrous.

Give Hexy props...he certainly has restocked / retooled the farm system ......

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

Gordon really is a terrible coach. How can he pair Brennan up with an ECHL defenseman? 

Because he didn't want to ruin the psyche of Friedman and Myers...we must coddle our kids!!! 

He wanted them to gain experience from the pressbox!!!!

He'd rather sit Fazleev in the pressbox and play Steven Swavely of the ECHL.

Fazleev played no games yet he and Swavely had the same amount of points!!!!

0!!!!

He trying them to teach them to lose like gentlemen first. Baby steps!

Samuel Dove-McFalls is still unsigned. Looks like he becomes a UFA if he hits June 1 without a contract. He can't re-enter the draft because he's 20.

12 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Samuel Dove-McFalls is still unsigned. Looks like he becomes a UFA if he hits June 1 without a contract. He can't re-enter the draft because he's 20.

I don't care if we don't sign him...just because of his name. :IDunnoSmiley:

54 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

So Tomek might be leaving ND.

Can't blame him since Cam Johnson is coming back for his senior year.

Go back to the USHL for a year and transfer to another school. 

Or just go the junior route ala Stolarz.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Couldn't he play with the ECHL team in Reading  as he turns 20 May 24th?  He can also transfer to a different divison 1 team.

If he transfers to another Division 1 school he will have to sit out a year.

That is why he could could go back to the USHL play a year then go back to ND or to another school.

Last year I mentioned how keeping the Flyers D prospects together (Provorov/Ghost/Sanheim/Myers/Morin/Hagg/Friedman) could maybe let Philly set the pace for a change...having a team bringing it in waves from the blueline. 

Well the Preds Dmen have 22 points in 8 games. At least this time the pieces are already in place.

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Hands down, the best quote of the article:

His style of play is ground covering, pungent and technical.

Mmmm. Pungent.

Archived