LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor on HF boards has Rubtsov coming over to Chicoutimi after Christmas. He's been yo-yoed back and forth between the MHL and KHL which I can't see being great for his development.

Lalanchette (QMJHL reporter) is saying that he will report to Chicoutimi after Christmas. 

Chicoutimi should be pretty good now as it's rumoured that they have added 4 top 6 forwards (including Rubtsov) to go along with Roy and Zhukenov.

Edit: Wasn't Lalanchette but Leroux instead. Leroux is pretty connected.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Rumor on HF boards has Rubtsov coming over to Chicoutimi after Christmas. He's been yo-yoed back and forth between the MHL and KHL which I can't see being great for his development.

Lalanchette (QMJHL reporter) is saying that he will report to Chicoutimi after Christmas. 

Chicoutimi should be pretty good now as it's rumoured that they have added 4 top 6 forwards (including Rubtsov) to go along with Roy and Zhukenov.

Edit: Wasn't Lalanchette but Leroux instead. Leroux is pretty connected.

Nice. Honestly the sooner he gets a chance to acclimate to the North American rink/style the better it will be for his NHL future.

58 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nice. Honestly the sooner he gets a chance to acclimate to the North American rink/style the better it will be for his NHL future.

I'll just be glad to see him on one team instead of up and down. 

Right now it's just a rumor though.

22 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There's a lot of smoke around this. This is just one of those rumours that never die, so there's some steam behind it. If he comes over, I'm sure the KHL are going to be upset and there's going to be all sorts of threats. Hopefully a buy out happens of Rubstov's contract or the Flyers loan a player to Rubstov's KHL team as a favour (not a high end guy like Morin or Sanheim, but maybe a guy like Hagg or a forward like Weal). That might be the best thing going forward.

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

There's a lot of smoke around this. This is just one of those rumours that never die, so there's some steam behind it. If he comes over, I'm sure the KHL are going to be upset and there's going to be all sorts of threats. Hopefully a buy out happens of Rubstov's contract or the Flyers loan a player to Rubstov's KHL team as a favour (not a high end guy like Morin or Sanheim, but maybe a guy like Hagg or a forward like Weal). That might be the best thing going forward.

I'm going to assume his contract has to be bought out. 

Or maybe he could 'retire"...like the Russians do from the NHL?

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Can we loan MacDonald to the KHL team?????

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wade Allison named NCHC Offensive Player of the Week after strong weekend

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/wade-allison-named-nchc-offensive-player-of-the-week-after-strong-weekend/

Man, things are coming together for the Hextall regime..

22 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll be glad to see him on this side of the world instead of the other!

24 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll be glad to see him hoisting his 3rd Stanley Cup in a row....:5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

I know it's tongue in cheek, but there is a ton to be excited about the future of this team. Both the Flyers and the Phantoms seem to be firing on all cylinders. Our prospects are developing and maturing, and Hakstol seems to be pushing the right buttons.

It's a fun time to be a Flyers fan!

Just now, brelic said:

I know it's tongue in cheek, but there is a ton to be excited about the future of this team. Both the Flyers and the Phantoms seem to be firing on all cylinders. Our prospects are developing and maturing, and Hakstol seems to be pushing the right buttons.

It's a fun time to be a Flyers fan!

Just look at the difference between a Homer run franchise and a Hextall run one...they're BOTH doing similiar as far as standings go (up and down) but the Hextall one has better homegrown prospects, more quality prospects, more draft picks and less horrible contracts.

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Just look at the difference between a Homer run franchise and a Hextall run one...they're BOTH doing similiar as far as standings go (up and down) but the Hextall one has better homegrown prospects, more quality prospects, more draft picks and less horrible contracts.

Absolutely. And our players / prospects are trending up instead of down! What a novel idea!

Carter Hart focused on long-term goals amid whirlwind of success

Carter Hart focused on long-term goals amid whirlwind of success

“One thing we really focused on in training camp was pushing the pace. [Hextall] told me that it’s not the same as juniors,” said Hart in an interview with TSN’s Mark Mastersafter a morning skate with Canada’s national junior team on Monday. “You can’t get away with the same stuff in juniors that you can in the NHL and I realized that on my first day when the first shot I got in training camp was Wayne Simmonds coming down the wing and ripping one over my ear. I was like, ‘Whoa.’ It went in and out just like that so I realized I had to pick up my game. I thought that really helped.”

“Really, I just try to play my game and that’s try to push the pace and hard, explosive movements in everything I do and really focusing on tracking the puck and being really efficient in my game.”

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/carter-hart-focused-on-long-term-goals-amid-whirlwind-of-success/

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Man, things are coming together for the Hextall regime..

Quality drafting. So did the Flyers make major changes to their scouting staff, or minor ones? Or is it just having actual picks that's the difference?

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Stolarz became the youngest Flyers’ goaltender (22 years, 326 days) in almost 25 years (!) to post a shutout. The last person to do so was Dominic Roussel (22 years, 5 days) on February 27th, 1992 against Calgary.

Wow!

Hopefully he has a slightly more illustrious career.

Archived