LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a total badass??? LOL

Yeah, if getting your face punched a few times makes you look like a badass 

I'm sorry, but if I'm 5'10" and someone who's 6'7" is in my face, I'm probably not going to drop my gloves with him if I had a choice 

Slow day so looking at this video of Sandstrom it looks like he has purdy hair like Lundqvist...

...Flyers will have to figure some things out next year for the AHL because Sandstrom will be ready to come over and Madsen will be getting signed more than likely after this season at Harvard and as of now you have Stolie and Lyons in the AHL.

So they need to make room. Never have we seen the Flyers not have enough room to play guys. Unless Sandstrom stays over for another year or could they sign one of these guys to play in Reading till they can sort stuff out.

So with all this said one of Stolie or Lyons will be penciled in to be the backup on the Flyers. And Lyons has the more impressive resume and is older too so we'll see.

Any ways a good problem to have.

Carey needs to be called up and given a look on G's LW. Kid is 2nd in the AHL with 20 goals.

Flyers need guys who can score so WTF not try this kid???

Phantoms are down 3-1 Stolie in net given up 2 PP goals. 4 minutes left in the 2nd.

Reto Berra in net for the Thunderbirds.

@Howie58

Wow Phantoms come back to win the game!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Score 3 goals in the 3rd period started by Laughton.

Greg Carey ties it with his AHL leading (tie) goal. Scored now 2 goals in back to back games!!!!

Andy Miele wins it with less than 2 minutes left. Stolie closes the door in the 3rd!!!

Greg Carey 1st star of the game. CALL THIS KID UP!!!!! 

Phantoms comeback on former NHL goalie Reto Berra!!!

WHAT?? I read this and had to post it......

Robert Hagg could be the Flyers prospect closest to making an NHL impact

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/robert-hagg-prospect-close-nhl-impact-sanheim-morin/

Craig Custance spoke with assistant general manager Chris Pryor and named Hagg as the Flyers prospect that is closest to making an NHL impact.

“People don’t realize, Robert is still a young kid. He’s 22,” Pryor said. “I think he feels comfortable with playing the game here now and it shows. He’s made a big stride going forward. He’s playing with confidence. We’re very happy with the strides he’s taken so far.”

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rubtsov was 3rd star in Chicoutimi's 4-3 SO win. He finished with two assists. 

Nice start!

On 18/01/2017 at 0:19 PM, OccamsRazor said:

WHAT?? I read this and had to post it......

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/robert-hagg-prospect-close-nhl-impact-sanheim-morin/

Craig Custance spoke with assistant general manager Chris Pryor and named Hagg as the Flyers prospect that is closest to making an NHL impact.

“People don’t realize, Robert is still a young kid. He’s 22,” Pryor said. “I think he feels comfortable with playing the game here now and it shows. He’s made a big stride going forward. He’s playing with confidence. We’re very happy with the strides he’s taken so far.”

I think Hagg realizes he doesn't need to be a star and he just needs to play good and smart defense. It seems like a giant weight has been lifted off his shoulders and he just seems comfortable. If he and Gudas can become the shut down third pairing the team needs, that's a win. I'm rooting for the guy to make it. 

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think Hagg realizes he doesn't need to be a star and he just needs to play good and smart defense. It seems like a giant weight has been lifted off his shoulders and he just seems comfortable. If he and Gudas can become the shut down third pairing the team needs, that's a win. I'm rooting for the guy to make it. 

That is good to hear. So once they clear some sead weight this season he may get a callup.

Phantoms have to make room next year for the addition of Friedman who should be signed once his college season is done and he can join Phantoms for their playoff push.

Then he will start there next season.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is good to hear. So once they clear some sead weight this season he may get a callup.

Phantoms have to make room next year for the addition of Friedman who should be signed once his college season is done and he can join Phantoms for their playoff push.

Then he will start there next season.

Friedman and Meyers will be there in 2017 - 2018. I'd love to see maybe another NCAA free agent added in the off-season. Just continue to keep the pipeline stocked and keep the guys at NHL level sharp. 

On a side note, I hope Hextall decimates the third and fourth lines and rebuilds them properly. Keep Lyubimov, but get rid of VDV, Bellemare, Gordon, Read and bring up Weal, Leier and Laughton. Full on youth movement for the bottom six. Use those youngsters and let them become dedicated checkers. With Lyubimov, Cousins, Weise, Leier, Laughton and Weal, you've got guys who have speed, grit, tenacity, and there's some talent there too. Having the jack rabbits fly around the ice and pestering the opposition is what they can do.

24 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Friedman and Meyers will be there in 2017 - 2018. I'd love to see maybe another NCAA free agent added in the off-season. Just continue to keep the pipeline stocked and keep the guys at NHL level sharp. 

On a side note, I hope Hextall decimates the third and fourth lines and rebuilds them properly. Keep Lyubimov, but get rid of VDV, Bellemare, Gordon, Read and bring up Weal, Leier and Laughton. Full on youth movement for the bottom six. Use those youngsters and let them become dedicated checkers. With Lyubimov, Cousins, Weise, Leier, Laughton and Weal, you've got guys who have speed, grit, tenacity, and there's some talent there too. Having the jack rabbits fly around the ice and pestering the opposition is what they can do.

Yeah Read could be plucked in the expansion draft.

Yeah Myers, Friedman along with Willcox will give them 3 righthand shots for the blueline.

Someone HAS to be promoted to make room.

Not to be a killjoy, but Friedman could look at the defense an decide to be Jimmy Vesey. With the rules the way they are for NCAA players, I can't count on him until he's actually under contract.

10 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Not to be a killjoy, but Friedman could look at the defense an decide to be Jimmy Vesey. With the rules the way they are for NCAA players, I can't count on him until he's actually under contract.

Yeah, but unlike Vesey, who I don't remember ever going to any of the development camps in Nashville, Friedman has been to two of them in Philadelphia (on his own dime of course). I'm sure that when the NCAA season is over for Bowling Green, he'll be signed.

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

German Rubtsov picks up two assists, named third star in impressive QMJHL debut

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/german-rubtsov-impressive-qmjhl-debut-two-assists-third-star/

rubtsovpowermove.gif

Awesome!!! Nothing wrong with going somewhere and being able to contribute right away. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Rubtsov. So happy for this young man.

Vesey did attend the Nashville camps:

"The Predators have every right to be upset about this. They made the investment with a draft pick, they had Vesey participate in development camps and worked with him while he was in school. " http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/four-things-to-know-about-the-jimmy-vesey-predators-drama/

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Vesey did attend the Nashville camps:

"The Predators have every right to be upset about this. They made the investment with a draft pick, they had Vesey participate in development camps and worked with him while he was in school. " http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/four-things-to-know-about-the-jimmy-vesey-predators-drama/

Well, the Flyers better make the full court press. However, I can honestly say that I don't know of a prospect ihat turned down the Flyers. I know the Flyers turned away from several prospects, but never has a prospect rejected them.

47 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Fazleev and Wilcox sent to the ECHL today.

Good those guys need to play instead of just being scratched.

There is a log jame on the Phantoms a few to many vets taking spots for kids.

But there is a reason Hexy is getting some skilled vets down to help propel this club to the playoffs which they haven't enjoyed in a long time to get the young kids some playoff experience.

So i understand it. It will get sorted out next some. Some of these vets won't be resigned to make room for the kids.

They will get an influx again next year with Madsen, Sandstrom, Meyers, Lindblom and maybe Friedman joining the ranks.

It's a good problem to have. The talent stables are filling up.

It is the way a great club should do it.

Nice Phantoms beat WBS Pens 5-3.

Stolie stops 34 of 37 shots out duels Tristan Jarry Pens top goalie prospect in the AHL showdown of the week.

Goals by Laughton, Brennan, Hagg, Leier (GW), Connor (EN).

Archived