LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

NHL rookie diary: Travis Konecny plays tough because it's 'part of the Flyers' character'

http://www.metro.us/philadelphia/nhl-rookie-diary-travis-konecny-plays-tough-because-it-s-part-of-the-flyers-character/zsJpkp---CmYUi7jbKFt16/

CxaBg4WVEAAyO19.jpg

Konecny plays tough cause that's the way Konecny plays. Wouldn't matter what team drafted him.

Alex Lyon carries the Phantoms to a 1-0 28 save shutout of the Binghamton Senators.

Rux's favorite the Hamburglar was in net for the Sens.

Captain Colin Macdonald scores the only goal. Assisted by Leier and Knight.

Lyons now 5-2-1-1 with 920% and 2.48 gaa.

Game Highlights...

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/binghamton-senators-vs-lehigh-valley-phantoms/16117

:DancingGrape:

Great start to the season so far looks like Stolie has some good competition in net FINALLY!!!!

Atlantic Division GP W L OTL SOL PTS PCT ROW GF GA STK P10 PIM
1 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 17 12 4 1 0 25 0.735 11 53 34 0-1-0-0 7-3-0-0 221
2 Lehigh Valley Phantoms 16 11 4 1 0 23 0.719 11 60 40 1-0-0-0 9-1-0-0 193
3 Bridgeport Sound Tigers 16 11 5 0 0 22 0.688 9 52 45 3-0-0-0 7-3-0-0 270
4 Hershey Bears 17 9 4 3 1 22 0.647 9 57 44 3-0-1-0 6-2-1-1 313
5 Springfield Thunderbirds 16 7 5 2 2 18 0.563 7 41 43 0-1-1-2 3-3-2-2 188
6 Providence Bruins 17 6 6 3 2 17 0.500 5 51 55 2-0-1-1 4-3-1-2 204
7 Hartford Wolf Pack 17 5 10 2 0 12 0.353 3 45 71 0-1-0-0 2-6-2-0 207

On 23/11/2016 at 2:45 AM, flyercanuck said:

Konecny plays tough cause that's the way Konecny plays. Wouldn't matter what team drafted him.

It's partly also because he's Canadian. No offence to other countries, but we're the land of Bobby Clarke, Wendel Clarke, and other tough SOBs not named Clarke.

The Western Hockey League announced today that Everett Silvertips goaltender Carter Hart has been named the WHL Goaltender of the Week and the league nominee for Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending November 27, 2016.

This marks the second consecutive WHL Goaltender of the Week honour for the 18-year-old Hart, who was also named WHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending November 20, 2016. He is the first WHL goaltender or player to win weekly honours for a second time during the 2016-17 season.

Hart, a product of Sherwood Park, AB, went 2-0-0-0 this past week, notching a perfect 0.00 goals-against average and 1.000 save percentage with two shutout victories. He made 37 saves in a 3-0 win versus the Seattle Thunderbirds on Wednesday, November 23, before making another 26 stops in a 3-0 win versus the Prince George Cougars on Saturday, November 26.

Hart is 13-3-3-0 in 20 appearances this season, having registered a 1.67 GAA, .937 SV% and three shutouts along the way. He leads the WHL in GAA, SV% and shutouts. Hart’s 13 wins are good for third place in the WHL.

http://whl.ca/article/silvertips-carter-hart-named-whl-goaltender-of-the-week-2

His consistency and calm have him looking more and more like our goalie for the future. Along with Stolarz/Lyon/Sandstrom, one of them should pan out. But this guy just looks like a rock back there...and he's got that Carey Price cool as a cucumber thing going on.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

His consistency and calm have him looking more and more like our goalie for the future. Along with Stolarz/Lyon/Sandstrom, one of them should pan out. But this guy just looks like a rock back there...and he's got that Carey Price cool as a cucumber thing going on.

And him being just 18 he is about 4-5 years away from the NHL so one of the guys mentioned above needs to pan out first till this kid is ready more likely one of either Stolie or Lyons due to their age already (22 and 23 respectively)...some sick depth to have right there.

So this is what it's like to hold onto your picks and invest in them...i like the feel of this and can get use to it!!!!!

:toast:

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And him being just 18 he is about 4-5 years away from the NHL so one of the guys mentioned above needs to pan out first till this kid is ready more likely one of either Stolie or Lyons due to their age already (22 and 23 respectively)...some sick depth to have right there.

So this is what it's like to hold onto your pick and invest in them...i like the feel of this and can get use to it!!!!!

:toast:

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Price, though I did mention his laid  back attitude being similar.  And Price made the NHL at 20. Most guys take longer to develop, but every once in awhile...

But ya, Stolie looks like he's first in line as far as development/age goes.

I'm so glad we finally have a gm that builds a team instead of MUST HAVE NOW!

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Price, though I did mention his laid  back attitude being similar.  And Price made the NHL at 20. Most guys take longer to develop, but every once in awhile...

I agree and let's not forget Carey Price wasn't Carey Price for a couple years.

It was around his 4th year (2010-2011 when Halak moved onto St. Louie) where he started to come around and show he was rounding into the guy the projected him to be.

So i hope the Flyer do right by the kid when it is time. Don't put too much on a young guy (and i think Hexy will do the right thing being a former goalie).

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree and let's not forget Carey Price wasn't Carey Price for a couple years.

It was around his 4th year (2010-2011 when Halak moved onto St. Louie) where he started to come around and show he was rounding into the guy the projected him to be.

So i hope the Flyer do right by the kid when it is time. Don't put too much on a young guy (and i think Hexy will do the right thing being a former goalie).

It's crazy to think that there was a time where the debate was "Should the Habs trade Price or Halak?"

I remember some Habs friends of mine wanted to keep Halak.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

It's crazy to think that there was a time where the debate was "Should the Habs trade Price or Halak?"

I remember some Habs friends of mine wanted to keep Halak.

I remember over half the board we were on then saying the same.

Phantoms Logo

Phantoms are balling win 4-1 versus Marlies. Lyons (1st star) stops 25 of 26 shots for the win. He is 7-3-1-1. 

Phantoms are 13-5-1 2nd in Atlantic.

Martel scores the GWer his 5th of the year.

Weal, Connor and Macdonald scored the other goals.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/toronto-marlies-vs-lehigh-valley-phantoms/16157

Marlies had a pretty stacked lineup too.

NHLers Brooks Laich, Milan Michalek  and Colin Greening along with big time prospects Kasperi Kapanen, Dmytro Timashov, Andrew Nielsen, Kerby Rychel, Andreas Johansson and Tobias Lindberg.

All the more impressive to pick up that win i think.

Philippe Myers and Carter Hart invited to Canada's World Junior Camp

Philippe Myers and Carter Hart invited to Canada’s World Junior Camp

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/philippe-myers-carter-hart-canada-world-junior-camp/

Myers is likely to make the roster as one of just three right-handed defensemen invited to camp. Noah Juulsen is likely to be the top pair right defenseman, but Myers and Dante Fabbro will battle for the second pair role. Myers’ size and great play over the past two seasons should give him a bit of an advantage.

Just to show what a steal Myers has become.

Juulsen a 1st round pick for Montreal in 2015.

Fabbro a 1st round pick for Nashville in 2016.

Meyers an undrafted free agent signing by Flyers. That is a hell of a bargain for Hextall.

Basically added a 1st round right hand defenseman for nothing.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Philippe Myers and Carter Hart invited to Canada's World Junior Camp

Philippe Myers and Carter Hart invited to Canada’s World Junior Camp

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/philippe-myers-carter-hart-canada-world-junior-camp/

Myers is likely to make the roster as one of just three right-handed defensemen invited to camp. Noah Juulsen is likely to be the top pair right defenseman, but Myers and Dante Fabbro will battle for the second pair role. Myers’ size and great play over the past two seasons should give him a bit of an advantage.

Just to show what a steal Myers has become.

Juulsen a 1st round pick for Montreal in 2015.

Fabbro a 1st round pick for Nashville in 2016.

Meyers an undrafted free agent signing by Flyers. That is a hell of a bargain for Hextall.

Basically added a 1st round right hand defenseman for nothing.

It's a hell of a coup for Hextall.

Archived