Flyers viewing options

icehole

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So the NBC app includes all channels in the NBC family.  That includes CSN, TCN, and NBCSN.  All you need is a cable subscription which I have (even if I cancel cable).  

There was no hockey on like a month ago so I couldn't really test it.  Now I can scroll all the way to like 10/15.  Guess what...no hockey on any of those channels.  You can stream any $#^@%!& sixers game you want...but no flyers!

It doesn't make sense because NHL is a big part of the NBC family (maybe even more than NBA), so why don't they stream local hockey?  Do you think it is a legal reason, or someone just didn't get around to setting it up yet?

So it's really been getting under my skin that there are no streaming options for the flyers and yet streaming the sixers pregame, live, and postgame is all available.  I emailed CSN asking if there is a way to stream the games and this is the response I got.

"Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Comcast SportsNet.We appreciate you being a fan.  At this time our live broadcasts on the internet are limited to Sixers games as well as Sixers Pre / Post.   In the future we hope to have more TV Everywhere solutions for Comcast SportsNet Philly subscribers.  Many clips from our shows (including Flyers Postgame Live) can always be found on csnphilly.com"

I'm sorry but what stake does Comcast have in the sixers?  Doesn't Comcast own the flyers now?  I know exactly what this is...this is typical Philadelphia not giving a f$%k about hockey, and they're too busy stroking it to embiid to get the hockey broadcast up on a stream.  So again, this goes back to my point last year.  If you think Philadelphia is a "hockey town", you're in lala land.  Go sixers! slurp slurp slurp.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:35 AM, icehole said:

My "captain obvious point", which by the way is very accurate, is that I'm really down on the flyers.  Since hextall took over, my excitement level for the team has declined dramatically. I'm not even sure when season activities start.

That pi $$es me off!  Chip Kelly ruined the Eagles, but a pencil pushing nerd turned the team around in one off season.  We're told "just wait...be pateient".  Why can't this team be a more exciting flip?  Why can't the young "stars" make the team?  Cap space?  Development?  B.S.  They had a chance to unload couturier for picks and to relieve cap.  They decided to give him a nice contract because he is a good penalty killer.  Read could have been dealt.  Our superstar captain was left off the Olympic team, and now he can barely crack the lineup on the world Cup team.  Maybe that trade option should have been looked at closer.  Development is being phased out.  If a player has what it takes, he should be able to make the team by at least 20 years old.

So, not much to get excited about.  I guess I'll have to wait to see what "studs" won't be on the team this year.

You know, you would make a fine Pens fan.....just an observation...:56ce66cd6290f_Cricketssmall:

23 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

You know, you would make a fine Pens fan.....just an observation...:56ce66cd6290f_Cricketssmall:

Are you referring to a post I made on 9/22 or my recent one? 

I was down on the team on 9/22 because I was pretty sure this was going to be another "patience" year.  A few injuries and a suspension or two later, and now Hexy says the young guys "earned a spot".  So I am excited to see some young talent actually play for the flyers.  I want to see if the pain was worth it.

How would I be a good penguins fan...because I didn't want the team to be bad and collect draft picks?  Was there a team in the early 2000's that was really bad and collected high picks that won the cup in 09 and 16?  Maybe your more of a pens fan than I.

If you're referring to my most recent post, it would probably benefit me more if I was a penguins fan.  I could probably stream the games online especially if the cable/Internet company responsible for providing the stream owned the team.  I'm not going to change allegiances, but I'm not going to argue if penguins fans want to tell me that Pittsburgh is a better hockey town.

I'll be looking forward to your reply around thanksgiving.

23 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

This is another random TV related question. How come you can get every regional Comcast network on Direct TV, BUT CSN Philly?  Is it simply due to Comcast owning the Flyers?  

Drink a bunch of rum and it won't matter who is broadcasting!:5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

19 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Look at the bright side...you won't have to watch Couturier suck.

It never occurred to be that his opinion on Cooter was based on actually watching hockey! I just assumed he looked into the toilet bowl for his observations...

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

It never occurred to be that his opinion on Cooter was based on actually watching hockey! I just assumed he looked into the magic 8-ball for his observations...

Fixed for accuracy.

18 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Fixed for accuracy.

Huh...I figured I would come on here today to see a post about how much cooter sucks after he shot the puck over the net late in the game,,,,,,,His 2 early goals were obviously nothing but luck.......:PopcornSmiley2:

52 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Huh...I figured I would come on here today to see a post about how much cooter sucks after he shot the puck over the net late in the game,,,,,,,His 2 early goals were obviously nothing but luck.......:PopcornSmiley2:

Cooter sucks..

Better?:5726ba4ad74b2_blowingakiss:

Archived