Flyers viewing options

icehole

I'm think of getting rid of cable.  What are the options to watch flyers games if I don't have cable and I'm in the broadcast region?

If I can't watch, how will I see how bad couturier is?  If I listen to bundy and Saunders, I probably will be on the selke/MVP/allstar bandwagon by the end of season!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, icehole said:

I'm think of getting rid of cable.  What are the options to watch flyers games if I don't have cable and I'm in the broadcast region?

If I can't watch, how will I see how bad couturier is?  If I listen to bundy and Saunders, I probably will be on the selke/MVP/allstar bandwagon by the end of season!

Always late to the party....Couturier isn't bad....the jerseys are!

3 hours ago, icehole said:

Delete your account

Howdy:

I assume you need some kind of internet connection. Center Ice versus Game Center...well, I guess the latter goes with you, even mobile device. But...you still need some kind of internet or WiFi or phone.  My gut says people may get rid of cable TV but keep somebody as internet provider. I think the competition from Dish and others with skinnied down bundles may changes things somewhat. 

But when I compare $140 to $170 for Center Ice versus 1000 or more for a miserable 11 game package for the Panthers....where I go and fall asleep, even if they are good...Center Ice is a bargain...

Howie

Living in Canada, I'm stuck in the same boat. Hockeystreams was a saviour for me, but now that it's gone, I think I'll go with Gamecentre. I've heard a lot of bad things about it though. The early bird special is on now until October 11th, so I have some time to decide. Centre Ice is on for $209. So I could go with that instead. 

Aside from on being TV based, and the other computer based, is there any major differences between them?

What would you guys go with??

I see that the sixers stream their games through NBC live extra.  Is that the case for the flyers also?  I don't see any baseball on that app (probably because NBC doesn't play baseball) so I can't see if it works with the Phillies game on now.  

51 minutes ago, icehole said:

I see that the sixers stream their games through NBC live extra.  Is that the case for the flyers also?  I don't see any baseball on that app (probably because NBC doesn't play baseball) so I can't see if it works with the Phillies game on now.  

Couturiers sucks at basketball.

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Did you see the World Cup of Hockey last night... the nerve Couts has wearing the "A" for North America....

yeah, that's because he is the most seasoned NHLer on the team,  he also was playing on the 4th line   :5726b5fd2f60b_thatsnothing:

41 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

you are just a hater HF... hate away...

just stating facts MC, I didn't give an opinion.  Couturier is also being used as the #1 defensive center on the team -- that's all cool and such, but as a Flyer fan I know I want to see his offensive game improve this season.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

yeah, that's because he is the most seasoned NHLer on the team,  he also was playing on the 4th line   :5726b5fd2f60b_thatsnothing:

If you really think they hand out letters solely based on most seasoned vet...why is McDavid C and Ekblad the other A? 

27 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If you really think they hand out letters solely based on most seasoned vet...why is McDavid C and Ekblad the other A? 

That's too easy FC,  McDavid is the best Forward, and Ekblad is the best d-man, and Couturier is the most seasoned.   I had read that Couturier was being considered for captaining the team, but hey how often does a 4th line center captain a team?  :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

34 minutes ago, hf101 said:

That's too easy FC,  McDavid is the best Forward, and Ekblad is the best d-man, and Couturier is the most seasoned.   I had read that Couturier was being considered for captaining the team, but hey how often does a 4th line center captain a team?  :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

You do know that G is projected to be on the 4th line for Canada right?

37 minutes ago, hf101 said:

You know what else they have in common? They're both good leaders. Which is why they're captains.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

just stating facts MC, I didn't give an opinion.  Couturier is also being used as the #1 defensive center on the team -- that's all cool and such, but as a Flyer fan I know I want to see his offensive game improve this season.

your first sentence is, in fact, opinion.   Unless you are on the Coaching staff I am not sure you know 100% why he is wearing the A.   Maybe b/c he plays the game 200 feet and the Coaching staff appreciates that...   saying he is the player w/ the most years in the league is opinion - or maybe we can call it an educated guess.

@murraycraven

from the globe and mail... 

Couturier, 23, has 56 goals and 101 assists in 350 NHL games with the Flyers. Born in Phoenix and raised in Bathurst, N.B., Couturier has the most NHL games played on Team North America’s roster.

34 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

You do know that G is projected to be on the 4th line for Canada right?

nope... everything I've read thus far is he is projected to play RW

Archived