Flyers vs Islanders. 2016-09-27

Digityman

24 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

ahh, just turned this game on, I take it Ghoulbourne is not dressed tonight?

No and Simmer ain't mixing it up for a preseason game for someone like Cousins (no disrespect to Nick) it needs to be a star for him to think about it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA anyone else notice Provorov flipping the bird to the camera as it seemed he was clearing off the sweat from his face i loved it!! He looked up at the jumbotron as he was doing it!!

Classic i love this kid already!!!:DancingGrape:

11 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Hey Jammer - What's the name of that box? 

Himedia...was streaming through my computer, but this box rocks....real quick downloading links etc...and a lot more stuff available....free sports up the ying yang.

Flyers make 8 cuts, trim training camp roster to 56

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/9/27/13078384/flyers-make-8-cuts-trim-training-camp-roster-to-56

The Flyers roster is down to 56 after they’ve made a number of cuts today, sending six players down to their junior squads.

Five of those players — Connor Bunnaman, Pascal Laberge, Carter Hart, Anthony Salinitri and Carsen Twarnyski -- are members of the 2016 NHL Draft class, while one — Samuel Dove-McFalls — was drafted in 2015. None of these moves are surprising, as all of these guys were merely in camp as a way to get their first taste of pro hockey.

• Connor Bunnaman (OHL - Kitchener)
  • Samuel Dove-McFalls (QMJHL - Saint John)
  • Carter Hart (WHL - Everett)
  • Pascal Laberge (QMJHL - Victoriaville)
  • Anthony Salinitri (OHL - Sarnia)
  • Carsen Twarynski (WHL - Calgary)

A year ago, the Flyers sent Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny back to juniors in their first round of cuts, so you can see it as at least a little bit of progress that those two remain in camp beyond the first cuts.

In addition to those cuts, the team’s two camp invitees — defensemen Garrett McFadden and Brennan Menell — were released. Neither were on a contract with the team.

Meyers last night impressed me with his ability to use his size to separate guys from the puck (things i always wished Coburn would do more often) i knew he was big but i was just surprised with his skill set he wasn't afraid to get physical. Good to see however i know he will be returned to juniors.

Sanheim used his speed nicely and he still has some things to work on like know when to and not to pinch. But i saw improvement from last year. After a full year of AHL play i expect him to mature even further. I could see him and Willcox being a nice complementing defensive pair. Willcox a smart stay at home type how is smart in his own end and a nice right hand shot to play with Travis Willcox will not wow anyone just make the smart play with the puck. There is a reason he was Cornell's captain last year. 

Ivan man he was just so calm everywhere. Kid is not huge but he has impressive size he was just hard as hell to knock off the puck made smart nice plays especially around the net. There was a couple times he could have made some different plays with the puck that i overlook well because he is only 19 and was playing mostly with Mcdud. So overall he is going to make a nice addition to the Flyer blueline this year. I know Mase and Neuvy will love him he can do it all.

Flyers are going to have a great problem to have and that is a log jam on the blueline when all this kids are ready...not complaining i actually welcome it...a nice change from the norm.

I also must say Lyubimov impressed me a lot to with his speed man he is pretty damn quick and his positioning just showed how smart he already is. I think if he continues this type of play he will steal someone spot on the big club.

Someone like Vandevelde and Read (just two guys who last night were both meh) will need to be watching for this guys he is coming for their job!

8 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Does Myers make Morin tradebait? 

No i don't think so two different D men with two different skill sets.

In fact thise two could form a hell of a shutdown D pair maybe even in the future. The twin towers of the blueline....we'll see some day.

Hatcher and Rathje 2.0

Obviously only a game in but Sanheim isn't ready from what I saw.  Give him a year in the A and he'll be on the team next year. 

Hexy, during an intermission, was talking about the young Dmen and kinda hinted at Travis being a little nervous.  

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

No i don't think so two different D men with two different skill sets.

In fact thise two could form a hell of a shutdown D pair maybe even in the future. The twin towers of the blueline....we'll see some day.

Myers looks fantastic though. You think there is any chance he could make the team? He and Provorov were eating some serious minutes back there. 

MDZ-Ghost

Prov-Myers

Gudas-Schultz

Manning as #7

Bury MacDonald in the A. Trade Striet. One can dream?

17 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Hatcher and Rathje 2.0

Obviously only a game in but Sanheim isn't ready from what I saw.  Give him a year in the A and he'll be on the team next year. 

Hexy, during an intermission, was talking about the young Dmen and kinda hinted at Travis being a little nervous.  

Well they will be what Hatcher and Rathje were suppose to be yeah!

And i agree on Sanheim he'll ready for a look next year.

Provy tried to keep it simple concentrate on playing defense and show them he can do this and sure he had a couple spots he would play better in hind sight but man i say he is ready. He was just steady and calm out there everything else will come in time when he can relax a little...making the team will do just that.

1 minute ago, Bertmega said:

Myers looks fantastic though. You think there is any chance he could make the team? He and Provorov were eating some serious minutes back there. 

MDZ-Ghost

Prov-Myers

Gudas-Schultz

Manning as #7

Bury MacDonald in the A. Trade Striet. One can dream?

I mean i believe never say never but i think he could use another year of seasoning and filling out. But that is my 2 cents. One rookie  Dman at a time.

38 minutes ago, notfondajane said:
3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry didn't feel like making a new thread for just a preseason game..lineup for tonight.....

Ctdw1r6WcAA8gE1.jpg:large

I hope this is on gamecenter too......

When it's on, is it on the Flyers' website or is it elsewhere?

Why are they still wasting a spot on Mark Alt?   I mean, yeah, keep him in the A if you really need to, but he's not going to make the Flyers other than as an extremely emergency call up.  So either trade him or let him start a rewarding career in the food service industry.

Just now, ruxpin said:

When it's on, is it on the Flyers' website or is it elsewhere?

Not sure. It is saying it will be on 97.5 i guess that is a radio broadcast CSN local. I hope it will be on gamecenter too.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Why are they still wasting a spot on Mark Alt?   I mean, yeah, keep him in the A if you really need to, but he's not going to make the Flyers other than as an extremely emergency call up.  So either trade him or let him start a rewarding career in the food service industry.

They must see something in him. He is only 24 the same age the Russian (Roman Lyubimov) they are bringing over to try out...ok slightly older.....but younger than Medvedev!!! :5726ba4b3253f_fixmoustache:

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And other than Hagg or Morin, there's no one I really want to take a real look at tonight  (on D).

I want to see Alex Lyons between the pipes...he only gave up one goal the other night on 30 shots...i didn't get to see the game.

I think this kid is going to be the guy the Flyers are watching closely to think he can quickly become the backup to Mase or Neuvy...whomever wins that battle.

Archived