Flyers vs Islanders. 2016-09-27

Digityman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Hagg looks like he just doesn't give a f**k. I see no effort at all from him.

Very unimpressed by him tonight.

So it's easy to see where all the bad hype on him comes from. I guess i expect more hussle from him and I see none.

52 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Final 2-0.

TK has to be 1st star. Kid was best player on the ice tonight. If Raffl could shoot he could of had a hat trick.

Both goalies were good.

TK was really fun to watch tonight.  I was getting goosebumps thinking about him on the ice at the same time as Ghost and Giroux. 

The goalies were good. 

The rest?   Zzzzzzz

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

OHL Coaches Poll for upcoming season Konecny (if he plays) was voted 2nd in best Overall Player 3rd in Best Hands, Best Playmaker and Best Pure Sniper. He didn't make top 3 but was also voted for Top Scorer and Best Bodychecker.

Laughton placed well in those polls too didn't he?

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Laughton placed well in those polls too didn't he?

I  personally have no idea, but that's an interesting point if true. 

I see much different skill sets between those two.  I mean, my exposure to TK is extremely limited, but based on that, TK just seems much more dynamic a player. 

Not just for you, but whomever:  is that accurate? And if it is, was Laughton ever that?   I'm wondering, I guess,  if people really were overly bullish on Laughton or did the team somehow manage to screw him up? 

Or am I being unfair to Laughton?   I'm so not impressed with the kid.  I'd move him, but I really don't know what you get. 

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I see much different skill sets between those two.  I mean, my exposure to TK is extremely limited, but based on that, TK just seems much more dynamic a player. 

Not just for you, but whomever:  is that accurate? And if it is, was Laughton ever that?   I'm wondering, I guess,  if people really were overly bullish on Laughton or did the team somehow manage to screw him up? 

Or am I being unfair to Laughton?   I'm so not impressed with the kid.  I'd move him, but I really don't know what you get. 

I don't get the "move him" thing from Philly fans if a guy doesn't pan out by 22. Move Brayden Schenn, he's a bust. Oh wait, he's one of our best goal scorers, we just had to wait another year. Move Giroux. Move Richards. Move Carter. oh wait, they're all good players.

Move Sharp. Move Williams. Wish granted.

Fans are so used to the old regimes way of dumping talent they think that's the way to go. Not everyone arrives at the same time.

Laughtons problem I think is his concussions. He was a great 2 way centre who could skate with a great shot and a very cerebral player who also was a pp qb on the point. Every time he seems to be coming around he takes a bad hit. I don't know if he'll develop into what he should have, but he certainly has the skill and drive to be a great 3rd or 4th liner at worst. If he can stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

No i wasn't making or point or trying to just asking. And yes those two are completely different.

TK has a lot of Giroux like skill.

And both are beter suited at wing.

TK at RW and Laughton at LW.

Problem solved...if there was one.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I don't get the "move him" thing from Philly fans if a guy doesn't pan out by 22. Move Brayden Schenn, he's a bust. Oh wait, he's one of our best goal scorers, we just had to wait another year. Move Giroux. Move Richards. Move Carter. oh wait, they're all good players.

Move Sharp. Move Williams. Wish granted.

Fans are so used to the old regimes way of dumping talent they think that's the way to go. Not everyone arrives at the same time.

Laughtons problem I think is his concussions. He was a great 2 way centre who could skate with a great shot and a very cerebral player who also was a pp qb on the point. Every time he seems to be coming around he takes a bad hit. I don't know if he'll develop into what he should have, but he certainly has the skill and drive to be a great 3rd or 4th liner at worst. If he can stay healthy. 

Yeah, I really have no problem with anything you said, and I agree about the reflex "move him" stuff.

I just don't see anything of value.   I've never seen him as an exciting player.  I have never had the "holy ****" moment I had with TK last night--and he's 19.   I'll be patient, but I don't know even where to put him.  We have a lot of centers.  I'm not impressed on the wing.  Maybe it is the concussions.  But the "if he can stay healthy" is an issue.  He hasn't proven he can.   I feel bad for the kid, but even you are talking 3rd or 4th liner.   That's a bust for where he was drafted.    So if that is now the ceiling--and maybe it wasn't initially (you watch the kids way more than I do so I usually default to your take)--if you can even get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for him I wonder--especially because he's redundant at this point--if you don't take a flyer and start over.

I don't shop him, necessarily, but if someone comes asking, I'm listening.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No i wasn't making or point or trying to just asking. And yes those two are completely different.

TK has a lot of Giroux like skill.

And both are beter suited at wing.

TK at RW and Laughton at LW.

Problem solved...if there was one.

Oh yeah, I knew you weren't trying to make a point.  I chose words poorly.  Just saying if it was true, that was interesting to me.

Because either Laughton was over-rated then or something has happened since.   @flyercanuck suggests concussions, and I think that's quite valid.  But even before that, I didn't see the "wow" that I do with TK   (again, my exposure to Laughton at that stage of his career would have been as limited as my exposure to TK now.  It's just that the "wow" was nearly immediate with TK.)

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Oh yeah, I knew you weren't trying to make a point.  I chose words poorly.  Just saying if it was true, that was interesting to me.

Because either Laughton was over-rated then or something has happened since.   @flyercanuck suggests concussions, and I think that's quite valid.  But even before that, I didn't see the "wow" that I do with TK   (again, my exposure to Laughton at that stage of his career would have been as limited as my exposure to TK now.  It's just that the "wow" was nearly immediate with TK.)

not ready to give up on Laughton but as you stated TK has unbelievable skill out there.   Seems like the puck just follows the kid around, and for a little guy, he sure does not back away form being physical.   The kid was incredibly impressive for sure...  and a whole lot of fun to watch!

Is too much being made of Konecny's lack of size?  This isn't the NHL of 20 years ago.  Players like Gaudreau and Marchand are thriving in today's league.  I'm not saying Konecny will be either of them, but according to the stats I looked at, he's as tall/heavier than both of them.  

Not flaming anyone on here, just a general observation/question.  

21 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Is too much being made of Konecny's lack of size?

I think the concern is his size (still skinny) relative to the way he plays (loves to hit). Whereas Gaudreau isn't looking for that kind of contact normally. 

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I think the concern is his size (still skinny) relative to the way he plays (loves to hit). Whereas Gaudreau isn't looking for that kind of contact normally. 

Well, tell him to stop hitting people then? I mean...DUH.  :hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon:

Archived