Flyers vs Bruins 01Oct2016

hf101

It should be a good game vs Boston at home tonight.  It should also provide a great opportunity to take a good look Couturier's offensive game centering the top line of Konecny and Voracek.  Cousins will get the same opportunity as he centers Schenn and Simmonds.  

Any dibs on which line comes away with more scoring opportunities or better yet points on the scoreboard?

Lines

Konecny - Couturier - Voracek

Schenn - Cousins - Simmonds

Laughton - Weal - Weise

VandeVelde - Gordon - Lyubimov

Gostisbehere - Del Zotto

MacDonald - Sanheim

Provorov - Myers

Neuvirth-Mason

Hey @hf101

Any idea whether this is in TV or streaming anywhere?   I finally got to watch the other night, but it wasn't a lineup that did much (other than TK and goalies).   I kind of wouldn't mind seeing this one. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hey @hf101

Any idea whether this is in TV or streaming anywhere?   I finally got to watch the other night, but it wasn't a lineup that did much (other than TK and goalies).   I kind of wouldn't mind seeing this one. 

Apparently, there is no TV broadcast which is kind of strange for a home game.Radio -  97.5 the Fanatic.  I'll be watching live and will give my honest opinion   :biggrin:

5 hours ago, hf101 said:

Apparently, there is no TV broadcast which is kind of strange for a home game.Radio -  97.5 the Fanatic.  I'll be watching live and will give my honest opinion   :biggrin:

Just a real head scratcher why they wouldn't want to broadcast the damn game i mean some of us fans would love to get a look at some of these guys.

I just don't understand why the NHL would want as much exposure for their teams as possible sure it's preseason but just like with with football there are hard core fans out there who enjoy just seeing hockey.

And Gamecenter said this year preseason game would be broadcast but then somewhere there is a disconnect and they don't show them.

Not that big a deal for me i'm at work tonight so i can't watch anyways.

Oh well.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just a real head scratcher why they wouldn't want to broadcast the damn game i mean some of us fans would love to get a look at some of these guys.

ESPECIALLY when the owner of the team is the damn tv provider and owns the network.

My thoughts on last nights game...

1.  Neuvirth wasn't particularly sharp, although he made a huge save on a Konecny miscue in OT that yielded a 1 on 1 chance for Boston to win the game.

2. Couturier wasn't very noticeable as a first line center (and you all know he isn't my favorite Flyer ) - he did win 60% of the faceoffs mostly against Backes, managed to get the first goal of the game after a great effort by Konecny to take the puck to the net.  Although Voracek and Konency had a few nice chances to score the Backes / Pastrnak line flat out dominated them most of the game.   There was nothing impressive with Couturier, no hits, no breakaways, passes the puck to a teammate in traffic instead of taking the puck up open ice himself.

3. Schenn also solid at center winning 78% of his faceoffs.  His line with Cousins and Simmonds held the most offensive zone presence of all lines.

4. Laughton was rather invisible - at the moment I'm not sure where he fits on the Flyers and I wouldn't be surprised if Weal earns a roster spot over him.  Speaking of Weal - Provorov threaded a beaut of a pass to center ice and Weal finished it with a 1 on 1 goal on Subban.

5.  Lyubinov hustled all over the ice - he's not a big guy and he really doesn't hit that much I don't see him as part of a 4th line.  Vandevelde on the other hand,  created some opportunities with some timely hits.  That line needed Bellemare as the chemistry of it wasn't what we had last year for a 4th line.

6. Provorov was solid playing 5 on5, PK and PP.  He's NHL ready.

7.  Meyers is close.  He has a dominant presence about him but he also coughed up the puck a few times.  

and finally, the first PP unit was solid for the Flyers led by Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek (Konecny in Giroux's spot) and Ghost.  The Flyers have a definite need to add Konecny on the 2nd line PP unit this season I hope he makes the team.

Myers has been sent back to junior and Sanheim was sent to Lehigh Valley today. Looks like Provorov, Konecny and Morin are making the big club. Hextall must have a move or two up his sleeve if that's the case. Maybe we'll be saying goodbye to Read and Schultz?

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Couturier wasn't very noticeable as a first line center (and you all know he isn't my favorite Flyer )

I swear this isn't sarcasm.  Last night was the first time I realized that.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

There was nothing impressive with Couturier, no hits, no breakaways, passes the puck to a teammate in traffic instead of taking the puck up open ice himself.

I would like to request an IP trace to make sure icehole didn't hack HF's computer.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Neuvirth wasn't particularly sharp, although he made a huge save on a Konecny miscue in OT that yielded a 1 on 1 chance for Boston to win the game.

He also made a nice save on Ghost turnover at center ice on a Hayes shot.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Laughton was rather invisible - at the moment I'm not sure where he fits on the Flyers and I wouldn't be surprised if Weal earns a roster spot over him.

He's waiver exempt so send him down and make him earn his way back up. He could use the seasoning and time to work on his game. If guys have to earn their keep he shouldn't be any different.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I would like to request an IP trace to make sure icehole didn't hack HF's computer.

Ha.  You'll get your chance to focus on his perimeter play.... and we'll welcome you to the dark side. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Archived