Hello. My Name Is..... Jhonas Enroth.

WordsOfWisdom

Thoughts on Enroth? Hmm..

Decent enough back up goaltender who, if not asked to do a whole lot, is more than capable of giving an everyday starter some days off without the team worrying about too much.

Looking at his numbers (and watching him play over the years in Buffalo), it seems the MORE games you ask him to play, the worse his numbers.

He has never played more than half a season's worth of games in any given campaign, sports a career save % around .900-.910 (not great for a starter, but adequate for sparingly used backup), and has been around teams that typically give up a ton of shots against (Buffalo, Dallas, and now Toronto) to not be shell shocked by that situation.

Not to mention, his cap hit is well below the $1M mark, so that is a plus as well.

Now if Toronto had a stable workhorse, reliable goaltender, then Enroth wouldn't make a bad choice for a backup. But since we are looking at Frederik Andersen, who can't seem to make up his mind whether he is All World or All Swiss Cheese (he has been both in his career) and you have a defense that is still trying to sort itself out, I honestly don't think having Enroth as a backup is going to do much for the team.

Then again, if having him back there as a "body" while real goalie prospects continue to develop (or one outside the organization can be found), then perhaps Enrtoh really is your back up / replace Andersen when he melts down / take a beating so you don't have to destroy a young prospects confidence man after all!

:ahappy:

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Looking at his numbers (and watching him play over the years in Buffalo), it seems the MORE games you ask him to play, the worse his numbers.

You've got a sharp eye. I noticed exactly the same thing!  :cool[1]:

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Now if Toronto had a stable workhorse, reliable goaltender, then Enroth wouldn't make a bad choice for a backup.

I'm not sure they got anything close to that in Andersen. Small sample size yes, but he is getting beat cleanly on shots that other goalies normally stop. I suspect the Leafs signed Enroth knowing that he might play 2000 minutes this season, and knowing how terrifying the notion of having Sparks play that much instead would have been.  :blink[1]:

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I've only seen a few games of Enroth, but he can't stop a beach ball let alone a puck. The Leafs now have the worst goaltending tandem in the NHL.  :hocky:

I was hoping someone would unseat us. 

3 minutes ago, off_the_post said:

Don't worry, the Flyers is the medicine for what ails any team.

Expect the leafs goaltending to look like Roy and Brodeur combined after tonight's game.  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Flyers: 49 GF, 51 GA.

Leafs: 37 GF, 48 GA.

This could be a 1980's style high scoring game tonight, but the Leafs haven't shown a consistent offensive attack this season to come out on the winning end of it. I'm guessing tonight will be a 5-3 Flyers victory. :(

Well, guys, on the bright side, the Flyers visit the Leafs tonight should prove, if nothing else, to be quite entertaining from a goal scoring standpoint.

Given what both teams have in terms of not only goalies but actual defensive coverage, would it surprise anyone to see a 7-6, 6-5 score or something like that?

Only question then becomes, which sides of the W and L each team will fall under.

Last swiss cheese D and Goalie to let one through is a rotten puck..............:ph34r:

Of course, I say that, and whatever goalies each team throws out there will pitch shut outs till the very end, and we will end up with a 1-0, or 2-1 OT score... :lol:

Still though, the prospect for a high scoring affair here is pretty good.

Hmmm...let's say Enroth vs. Neuvirth....battle of the "back ups"....why not, eh?

Mason is in net so he is good for at least 2 weak ones.

I say one over his shoulder after he goes down way early glove side!!!!

The 2nd? Hhhhhhmmmm from the point. The Russian gets his 1st NHL goal.

Flyers win 5-4.........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Back from the dead.......  Enroth returns........   

Friday-the-13th.jpg

Here I thought we had gotten rid of him.

Explain to me how/why Bibeau isn't a better choice as backup? :(

Well, right off the top of my head, I would have to say probably because his name sounds too close to Justin BIEBER.

That right there simply can't  happen.

Outside of that, not sure, Words...  :ph34r:

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, right off the top of my head, I would have to say probably because his name sounds too close to Justin BIEBER.

That right there simply can't  happen.

Outside of that, not sure, Words...  :ph34r:

He's played two games and been good in both of them. I'd keep him up here. But that's just me.  :IDunnoSmiley:

30 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Alright, stop it!

You and your confounded logic...... nothing worse than when someone starts making sense.

:ahappy:

LOL. :)

Bibeau's stats this season are: 2 GP, 121 MIN, 1.98 GAA, .927 SV%.

This is one of those head scratching moments. :eyeroll:

... unless the plan is to get Bibeau some playing time in the minors and put Enroth on the bench permanently where he can sort sticks, do orgami with hockey tape, make popcorn, etc..

Archived