Schenn

AbelMorpheus

11 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

ugh, yeah.  Just watching Weise not be able to take a pass in the NZ while he's moving full speed is suk.

I was expecting an upgrade to White, and based on his play in MTL in what is now 2 seasons ago I thought that's who we'd be getting.  That guy had better  hands, was larger, skated better than RW... the guy we have has either slipped significantly or hasn't found his stride in Philly yet.   He was not much of a contributor for the Blackhawks once he was traded there last year, but yeah 4 more years of this isn't looking too great,  it is still early he's still new to Hakstol's system, he's new to his teammates.... maybe once he gets a comfort level with those things his play will pick up.

but by and large I agree with what you're saying.

In retrospect, it's not the kind of guy you give a 4-year contract to... dime a dozen players don't need to be locked up that long.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, brelic said:

In retrospect, it's not the kind of guy you give a 4-year contract to... dime a dozen players don't need to be locked up that long.

Yeah as of right now it's not looking so hot.

Seems to me White for a million would have been just right.

Guess there is time to carve a spot out.

Once Streit and Schultz are gone this he can be the new bitch-about-his-deal-guy till he is gone.....

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Once Streit and Schultz are gone this he can be the new bitch-about-his-deal-guy till he is gone.....

And White seemed popular in the room and by all accounts wanted to be in Philadelphia.

I don't at all see where Weise is 2.35 times the player White was - and they're both the same age.

But he won't get a chance to be a "bitch-about-his-deal" guy - his contract runs as long as MacDonald's :DancingGrape:

1 hour ago, radoran said:

And White seemed popular in the room and by all accounts wanted to be in Philadelphia.

I don't at all see where Weise is 2.35 times the player White was - and they're both the same age.

But he won't get a chance to be a "bitch-about-his-deal" guy - his contract runs as long as MacDonald's :DancingGrape:

Well we can because Mcdud is going to get claimed in the expansion draft...it's the whole reason they are playing him the 41 games he needs!!!

*wink* *wink*

:toast:

#outsmartem

I'm really surprised with Schenn. He turned it on the second half of last season and his play has carried over. I really believe that he's got 80 to 90 point upside. There's just something different about him from previous years. It's like a switch went on in his brain and there's just be a complete 180 turn taken by him. At the start of last season, I was content to move Schenn for just about anything. Now, I'm glad that the Flyers haven't moved him. I've become a fan. Giroux, Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, Konecny and Couturier is a pretty nice looking top six. Now, if only Couturier would start scoring. At this point, I'm starting to re-think about Couturier being the second line center (which I posted on HF Boards and had the self righteous know it alls rip me apart - I believe there's more to hockey than Corsi and Analytic stats and with that aside, Couturier just hasn't made that offensive jump and 4 points in 12 games while centering Konecny and Voracek isn't acceptable, but that's another story). Anyways, it's a good looking top six and Schenn is developing into what was expected of him.

I think Konecny has surpassed Schenn. He is more creative, can make more happen, is faster, shiftier etc. Schenn has produced at a respectable rate after a slow start last year, but he needs to reinvent himself. That one timer is just not effective. It rarely gets enough steam on it, rarely catches the goalie off guard. If Giroux, Simmonds, Konecny, Ghost and Vorachek at the points happens on the top pp like I think it will, Schenns stats will inevitably suffer. In the long run, Travis's arrival means decreased chances on the pp for Schenn....and a big relief to never have to write "the good Schenn" again...lol.

On 11/4/2016 at 3:44 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I don't understand why someone will sigh a contract, then complain about it afterwards! Especially the kind of money these guys make!

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

I think Konecny has surpassed Schenn. He is more creative, can make more happen, is faster, shiftier etc. Schenn has produced at a respectable rate after a slow start last year, but he needs to reinvent himself. That one timer is just not effective. It rarely gets enough steam on it, rarely catches the goalie off guard. If Giroux, Simmonds, Konecny, Ghost and Vorachek at the points happens on the top pp like I think it will, Schenns stats will inevitably suffer. In the long run, Travis's arrival means decreased chances on the pp for Schenn....and a big relief to never have to write "the good Schenn" again...lol.

Somebody get this man a job in scouting, because if he can see that after 13 NHL games, he some sort of hockey wizard and we could benefit from his powers.

Archived