Good article on the surging Flyers

FD19372

I agree with everything said in this article in that Jake's comeback year, Mason's superb 'tending and Provorov's excellent rookie play are three huge reasons why things are going so well this season. http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-we-should-believe-in-the-white-hot-flyers

I hate when they say Mason has been great. He hasn't been great this year. He's turning it around, but the first month and change of the season, Mason was terrible. As soon as Neuvirth went down though, Mason started to turn it around. The guy can't handle when there's a challenge to his spot. That and he's a slow starter. The guy is a professional, yet he's got the softest mental make up of any starting goaltender in the league. What's he going to do if Stolarz is ready to challenge him, or heaven forbid, if Carter Hart or Felix Sandstrom come in and they really push him? Mason will have a nervous breakdown.......lol

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What, softer even than MAF? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

MAF is lethal come playoff time though. I think there's a degree of frustration setting in Pittsburgh as well and I think he knows he's a goner, even though he doesn't want to be. I don't get it - the team pretty much doesn't want him. Why wouldn't he embrace a move to another club where he can prove everyone wrong. I think there's a little complacency there and getting to play with friends like Crosby, Letang, etc...from the WJC and QMJHL certainly goes a long way in developing that sense of complacency and wanting to stay. I think once the initial shock of moving wears off, MAF goes on a tear.

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

MAF is lethal come playoff time though. I think there's a degree of frustration setting in Pittsburgh as well and I think he knows he's a goner, even though he doesn't want to be. I don't get it - the team pretty much doesn't want him. Why wouldn't he embrace a move to another club where he can prove everyone wrong. I think there's a little complacency there and getting to play with friends like Crosby, Letang, etc...from the WJC and QMJHL certainly goes a long way in developing that sense of complacency and wanting to stay. I think once the initial shock of moving wears off, MAF goes on a tear.

You may well be right. 

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

You may well be right. 

Personally, I hate MAF, but he would be great addition to the goaltending in Philadelphia. My issue is that he'd be so close to Pittsburgh he'd probably whine about being moved from there. My only hope for the kids coming through is that they develop that killer instinct as a goaltender and have ice water run through their veins. Don't need an emotional basket case or anything like that. Give me a clone of Brodeur, Roy, etc.....and I'm content with that.

11 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

My only hope for the kids coming through is that they develop that killer instinct as a goaltender and have ice water run through their veins. Don't need an emotional basket case or anything like that. 

I believe his name is Carter Hart

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Personally, I hate MAF, but he would be great addition to the goaltending in Philadelphia. My issue is that he'd be so close to Pittsburgh he'd probably whine about being moved from there. My only hope for the kids coming through is that they develop that killer instinct as a goaltender and have ice water run through their veins. Don't need an emotional basket case or anything like that. Give me a clone of Brodeur, Roy, etc.....and I'm content with that.

I really don't want MAF.  His best days are behind and passed a few exits back.

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I have no problem with bringing in MAF. As good as Neuvy has been, I always worry about his injury history and Stolarz is a rookie. MAF would bring a lot of playoff-pressured and Stanley Cup-winning experience, provided he wouldn't mind being a backup. I never heard anything from those in the know about him being a malcontent behind Murray in Pittsburgh, so I think Fleury would be an excellent pickup to be Mason's backup. I would bring him into the Flyers' fold, provided the money he wants isn't outrageous.

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Ya, with a clone of Gretzky/Howe/Lemieux at forward and Orr/Potvin on D...I'd be content with that. :CelebratingSmiley:

Archived