Game #34 - Predators at Flyers - Dec 19, 2016 @ 7:00pm

AlaskaFlyerFan

Time to start a new winning streak.

Projected Lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS (Saturday's lines)

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
11 Travis Konecny - 10 Brayden Schenn - 93 Jakub Voracek
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 P-E Bellemare - 13 Roman Lyubimov
58 Taylor Leier - 25 Nick Cousins - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
15 Michael Del Zotto- 3 Radko Gudas
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 23 Brandon Manning

35 Steve Mason
[41 Anthony Stolarz]

Scratches: Sean Couturier (lower body, suspected left MCL), Michal Neuvirth (IR, knee), Matt Read (IR, abdominal area), Mark Streit (shoulder), Boyd Gordon (healthy), Nick Schultz (healthy).

PREDATORS

9 Filip Forsberg - 92 Ryan Johansen - 18 James Neal
56 Kevin Fiala - 63 Mike Ribeiro - 38 Viktor Arvidsson
33 Colin Wilson - 12 Mike Fisher - 15 Craig Smith
10 Colton Scissons - 19 Calle Järnkrok - 51 Austin Watson

59 Roman Josi - 4 Ryan Ellis
14 Mattias Ekholm - 8 Petter Granberg
52 Matt Irwin - 7 Yannick Weber

35 Pekka Rinne
[74 Juuse Saaros]

Scratches: P.K. Subban (upper body), Anthony Bitetto (IR, broken hand), Miikka Salomäki (IR, lower body), Reid Boucher (AHL conditioning assignment).

Somebody criticized Mason's rebound control the last game which I thought was unwarranted. However, this game he continually served up juicy rebounds and I can't believe that Nashville was unable to capitalize on any of them. Rinne was Rinne, man can that guy make a team look bad. Even when Jake had him flopping on the ice like Hasek used to do he still kept the puck out. Hard earned point for the Flyers but teams are starting to catch on to their PP set up and they need to  vary their entry into the zone  I think to be a little less predictable.

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

Somebody criticized Mason's rebound control the last game which I thought was unwarranted. However, this game he continually served up juicy rebounds and I can't believe that Nashville was unable to capitalize on any of them. Rinne was Rinne

Agreed, I was at this game and had a close-up look at Mason during the 1st and 3rd (and Rinne in the 2nd); Mase left more than a few fat ones out there that came oh-so-close to ending up in the net.  To me the game came down to possession; our guys couldn't win a face-off to save their lives, and when they did they couldn't retain possession more times than not.

Archived