• Wild in 5
    • Wild in 6
    • Wild in 7
    • Blues sweep 4-0
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Some people were down on Dubnyk after Minny fell to 0-3, including myself.

But in looking at the numbers, the Wild goalie has actually played very well.....of course, the fly in that ointment was that Jake Allen's numbers were even better.

Dubnyk:  1.86 GAA, .925 Sv% prior to Game 4....however,

Allen:       0.96 GAA, .978 Sv%, also prior to Game 4.

Yea, that pretty much tells it.

If the team scores even ONE goal the goalie should be able to win the game. If the team FAILS to score, the goalie should win in a shootout - even in the playoffs where there isn't a shootout.

The skaters always deserve better and any goal the goalie allows is a back breaker that demoralizes the team and makes paid professional athletes unable to keep their composure.

It is 10000% the goalie's fault.

Unless it's the coach's fault. Yeah, that's it. The coach. It's his fault. Jerk.

#flyerfanlogic

:hocky:

1 minute ago, radoran said:

If the team scores even ONE goal the goalie should be able to win the game. If the team FAILS to score, the goalie should win in a shootout - even in the playoffs where there isn't a shootout.

The skaters always deserve better and any goal the goalie allows is a back breaker that demoralizes the team and makes paid professional athletes unable to keep their composure.

It is 10000% the goalie's fault.

Unless it's the coach's fault. Yeah, that's it. The coach. It's his fault. Jerk.

#flyerfanlogic

:hocky:

Read more  

Yea, yea, I know. And I forgot to say so in my previous post, but Zach Parise DID say that they aren't getting Dubnyk anything, and if they can't score, then obviously, Dubnyk can't get them the win.

As for your "Flyerfanlogic", in talking to some of my in-laws and Minnesota sports fans in general, they are frustrated with ALL their pro sports teams to the point where your logic makes LOTS of sense. ;)

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for your "Flyerfanlogic", in talking to some of my in-laws and Minnesota sports fans in general, they are frustrated with ALL their pro sports teams to the point where your logic makes LOTS of sense. ;)

In my 49 years on planet following four sports teams in Philadelphia, I've seen five championships.

Five.

In 245 seasons.

Four of them were before I left high school.

One in the past 34 years (136 seasons).

And none of them are even close to getting another one.

I blame the goalie coach goalie coach goalie coach ownership.

:IDunnoSmiley::cheers:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Zach Parise was interviewed on the local air waves here in the Twin Cities prior to Game 4.

He said there is a sense of frustration amongst his teammates, mainly stemming from the fact that they all feel they have played well enough to win, but only had one goal per game to show for it to that point.

The Minnesota winger said that though the team is frustrated they have NOT given up and every man on the team and every coach behind that bench will be playing to the last second until the Blues make it official if it comes down to that.

He also acknowledged that being in an 0-3 hole, the team has their work cut out for them and all they can do is focus on the next game.  He did give praise to how well Allen and the St. Louis defense has played, but at the same time, said he felt like Minnesota deserved better to this point.

But in looking at the numbers, the Wild goalie has actually played very well.....of course, the fly in that ointment was that Jake Allen's numbers were even better.

Now, Duby's numbers got even better with the shut out and Allen giving up the two goals after Game 4, but of course, where it really counts is the match scoreboard, and that still reads Blues 3, Wild 1.

Parise's approach, as one might expect, is simply to focus on the game at hand and not change too much, save for getting more traffic in front of Allen.

It worked for Game 4. They will attempt to make it work again on Saturday for Game 5.

I believe you will see a more desperate Blues team in game 5 and Allen will play just fine.  Its very hard to beat a good team 4 times in a row in any sport.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I believe you will see a more desperate Blues team in game 5 and Allen will play just fine.  Its very hard to beat a good team 4 times in a row in any sport.

This is true.

But then again, St. Louis did it to Minnesota for 3 games in a row (beating a good team that is), so if the Blues did it, I don't see why the Wild couldn't come back to do it too...especially since I thought the Wild outplayed St. L in two of those three wins ;)

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This is true.

But then again, St. Louis did it to Minnesota for 3 games in a row (beating a good team that is), so if the Blues did it, I don't see why the Wild couldn't come back to do it too...especially since I thought the Wild outplayed St. L in two of those three wins ;)

I do not need to tell you the history and all of that.  You are aware of the numbers and the Wild and the Blackhawks are both in trouble.  I think the Hawks are certainlly far more talented than Nashville, so if you are looking for a miracle, I would look in that direction.  The Blues are going to move on.

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not need to tell you the history and all of that.  You are aware of the numbers and the Wild and the Blackhawks are both in trouble.  I think the Hawks are certainlly far more talented than Nashville, so if you are looking for a miracle, I would look in that direction.  The Blues are going to move on.

**sigh**

I suppose if you recite that enough over the last X amount of years, it is bound to happen at some point...law of averages and all... :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Zach Parise was interviewed on the local air waves here in the Twin Cities prior to Game 4.

He said there is a sense of frustration amongst his teammates, mainly stemming from the fact that they all feel they have played well enough to win, but only had one goal per game to show for it to that point.

The Minnesota winger said that though the team is frustrated they have NOT given up and every man on the team and every coach behind that bench will be playing to the last second until the Blues make it official if it comes down to that.

He also acknowledged that being in an 0-3 hole, the team has their work cut out for them and all they can do is focus on the next game.  He did give praise to how well Allen and the St. Louis defense has played, but at the same time, said he felt like Minnesota deserved better to this point.

Now, Duby's numbers got even better with the shut out and Allen giving up the two goals after Game 4, but of course, where it really counts is the match scoreboard, and that still reads Blues 3, Wild 1.

Parise's approach, as one might expect, is simply to focus on the game at hand and not change too much, save for getting more traffic in front of Allen.

It worked for Game 4. They will attempt to make it work again on Saturday for Game 5.

Did you see the end of game 4 when Pietrangelo sent Parise a message as the time expired?  Nasty hit.  The Blues will be ready.  

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

:(

As I mentioned in an earlier post.  You can't win if you can't score.  The first 2 games the Wild dropped at home, was essentially the series.  Wild put undo pressure on themselves by not scoring.  Sadly, the goals came a little too late and just was not enough to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post.  You can't win if you can't score.  The first 2 games the Wild dropped at home, was essentially the series.  Wild put undo pressure on themselves by not scoring.  Sadly, the goals came a little too late and just was not enough to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in.

Great goaltending... I blame Marty Brodeur as the Wild outshot the Blues in all five playoff games.

A grudging congrats to the Blues.

Still don't think the better team won here (as was the case with Nsh-Chi), but the HOTTER team certainly did....again, just as Nashville did.

Still though, a series win is a series win, and I would have gladly taken the series win if Minnesota had simply been "hot" rather than good enough, so I can't blame St. Louie fans for being giddy.

Mike Yeo and Kyle Brodziak (a coach and a player the Wild no longer wanted) get their revenge on their former clubs.

Minnesota will have some big questions to answer this off season with regards to RFAs, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Minnesota looked a bit different with regards to personnel come next season.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Still don't think the better team won here (as was the case with Nsh-Chi), but the HOTTER team certainly did....again, just as Nashville did.

I really disagree with this.  If coached properly, St. Louis has a very talented team.   They weren't getting that with Hitchcock there (and the Stars won't either, btw).  

I agree the Blues were hotter both in this series and down the stretch whereas the Wild stumbled down the stretch and their goalie wasn't so good.   But on paper vs. on paper, I'll take the Blues.

But ultimately, the Wild have tied their wagon to a head coach who is perfectly incapable of getting it done when it's money time.  The Wild have no chance in the playoffs while he's there.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

But ultimately, the Wild have tied their wagon to a head coach who is perfectly incapable of getting it done when it's money time.  The Wild have no chance in the playoffs while he's there.

Yes, the curse of Uncle Fester. 

@ruxpin

@Samifan

Well, I already knew that if Minnesota didn't get it done in the post season, "Boudreau's Curse" would, of course, be a point of contention amongst the unhappy fans who have seen his track record.

But hey, the Wild have many 100 pt REGULAR seasons to look forward to, eh? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@ruxpin

@Samifan

Well, I already knew that if Minnesota didn't get it done in the post season, "Boudreau's Curse" would, of course, be a point of contention amongst the unhappy fans who have seen his track record.

But hey, the Wild have many 100 pt REGULAR seasons to look forward to, eh? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

You really should get Ryan Miller, then you'd be unbeatable. 

15 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The Wild have no chance in the playoffs while he's there.

I believe we said the same thing while he was the coach of the Ducks.  Curious to see how far the Ducks go now......

Archived