• Oilers sweep 4-0
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Sharks sweep 4-0
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

-The goal going into the season was to be playing meaningful games late in the year, and they will be in playoff games in May. Very cool.

-As I said in the shoutbox, the Sharks are amazing at running picks. I kept waiting for Hakeem Olajuwon or Bill Russell to jump over the boards.

-I hope Oscar Klefbom doesn't need a round in the bacta tank, because he didn't play at all in the 3rd period. Losing him would be devastating.

-I don't understand why Meier was benched for this game, because I saw him good for the Sharks.

-Draisaitl's stick breaking like that on the empty net shot, creating the tension, drama and clench moments, is something straight out of the movies.

I watched every. Single. Game. Of this rebuild. I've watched a head coach award the captaincy based on V02 scores at training camp. I once saw them play with only four skaters for a little over 2 minutes with nobody in the penalty box. I've watched the GM step off a plane to scout a player in the wrong country.

And now, for the first time since 2006, I've seen them win a playoff series, and that feels good.

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

-The goal going into the season was to be playing meaningful games late in the year, and they will be in playoff games in May. Very cool.

-As I said in the shoutbox, the Sharks are amazing at running picks. I kept waiting for Hakeem Olajuwon or Bill Russell to jump over the boards.

-I hope Oscar Klefbom doesn't need a round in the bacta tank, because he didn't play at all in the 3rd period. Losing him would be devastating.

-I don't understand why Meier was benched for this game, because I saw him good for the Sharks.

-Draisaitl's stick breaking like that on the empty net shot, creating the tension, drama and clench moments, is something straight out of the movies.

I watched every. Single. Game. Of this rebuild. I've watched a head coach award the captaincy based on V02 scores at training camp. I once saw them play with only four skaters for a little over 2 minutes with nobody in the penalty box. I've watched the GM step off a plane to scout a player in the wrong country.

And now, for the first time since 2006, I've seen them win a playoff series, and that feels good.

Congratz Daryl.

I feel depressed right now. more due to work and not being able to watch any games than hockey, but cherry on top lol.

If anything I hope your team does well moving forward. The only reason I pulled for them to improve over the last 10 years was because of you being a friend lol.

i see a lot of young"Thornton" in Draisaitl and hope he keeps getting better. People don't realize how good he is because of McDavid being a generational talent.

This series is one time I wish my last year analysis of oiler improvement was wrong :(

I posted this in july on a fantasy forum as most were picking the Oilers to suck again this year

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?200652-Is-Connor-McDavid-Gearing-up-for-a-Hart-and-Art-Ross-Next-Season/page2&p=1638334#post1638334

its good for me because I have McDavid and Talbot in the keeper league, but bad for me as My boy Jumbo and Pattywill be 38 next year and their last chance was probably last year.

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This series is one time I wish my last year analysis of oiler improvement was wrong :(

I posted this in july on a fantasy forum as most were picking the Oilers to suck again this year

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?200652-Is-Connor-McDavid-Gearing-up-for-a-Hart-and-Art-Ross-Next-Season/page2&p=1638334#post1638334

That one poster, Atomic Wedgie, might very soon need to get ready to do something he doesn't like:

" If McDavid wins the Hart and the Art Ross, I will eat my hat. "

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

That one poster, Atomic Wedgie, might very soon need to get ready to do something he doesn't like:

LOL.  I wonder if that is the same Atomic Wedgie ( a leafs fan, who long time ago used to be an active member on Philly.com forums)   

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Hey congrats to moving on.

Hey where is your fellow Oiler fan who use to come on here and always bitch about the Oiler player's plus minus i forget his name???

I haven't seen him in awhile i guess not much to bitch about right?

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey congrats to moving on.

Hey where is your fellow Oiler fan who use to come on here and always bitch about the Oiler player's plus minus i forget his name???

I haven't seen him in awhile i guess not much to bitch about right?

Parture? God only knows, and I mean that literally. Dude is a straight religious fanatic.

Just now, JR Ewing said:

Parture? God only knows, and I mean that literally. Dude is a straight religious fanatic.

Yes that is him. I just remember him always complaining about plus/minus all the time like it was the end all be all.

They have been playing well and haven't seen him so he never gives praise it seems only complaints.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Yes that is him. I just remember him always complaining about plus/minus all the time like it was the end all be all.

They have been playing well and haven't seen him so he never gives praise it seems only complaints.

He wanted Klefbom, Draisaitl and Eberle gone; said they were all terrible.

Last night, Adam Larsson played 26:10, including 21:27 at 5 on 5. During that time, the Sharks managed only 5 shots.

And here is a Shots Allowed map for Oscar Klefbom last night:

C-Ev1AsUwAAgHEW.jpg

It was a blow to the team when he was too ill to play the third period.

12 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

And THIS, right here folks, is the very definition of HARDCORE FAN.

Congratulations to the Oilers unseating the Western Champ Sharks.

Lots of work ahead for this team if they are to truly win anything, but I have a feeling, after all the absurdities you have witnessed involving this team, facing down the Anaheim Ducks seems comparatively EASY! ;)

Ol @Parture must be rolling over in his vestibuled pew as we type.....

On 4/23/2017 at 1:43 AM, JR Ewing said:

I watched every. Single. Game. Of this rebuild. I've watched a head coach award the captaincy based on V02 scores at training camp.

Very interesting concept. I imagine if my Flyer were to use this approach Ivan Provorov would be the Flyer's new by a landslide.

I wonder what @radoran would say to this idea for the Flyers since we have had conversation about the Captain currently on the team.

I'd be down with that. Best way to strip him if needed.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:43 AM, JR Ewing said:

And now, for the first time since 2006, I've seen them win a playoff series

Wow that is a long time.

I always think they could have another Cup had Roloson not got hurt that first game of the finals.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Very interesting concept. I imagine if my Flyer were to use this approach Ivan Provorov would be the Flyer's new by a landslide.

I wonder what @radoran would say to this idea for the Flyers since we have had conversation about the Captain currently on the team.

I'd be down with that. Best way to strip him if needed.

By all means, go for it. I'm sure that Dallas Eakins would jump at the chance to coach at the NHL level once again.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow that is a long time.

I always think they could have another Cup had Roloson not got hurt that first game of the finals.

Pretty much, though who can say for sure? We know that Roloson had a .927 SV% up until Marc-Andre Bergeron decided to throw a Hurricanes player on top of him, and after that the Oilers received .907 goaltending from the backups, including this beauty in game 1:

The age of youtube is tough on former athletes. When you think of historic sporting gaffes, many live on only in print form. Nobody is around anymore who saw Snodgrass's Muff in the 1912 World Series, and no photos or video recordings exist, so the event fades from the public's memory. The same goes for Merkle's Boner in 1908. It was a moment of extreme humiliation and controversy, but today is unremembered, excepted by assholes like me, who use these plays as an opportunity to use words like "muff" and "boner" in conversation.

Jumbo Joe Thornton is such a damn warrior.

Torn MCL and ACL and still he tried to play(And played better than most). Explains why he was initiating zero contact, but he looked good despite.

Ill be honest, I was hoping to see what Pavelski's injury was to explain his play only to find he didn't have one.....

Archived