LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

Interesting read on Myers.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-prospect-philippe-myers-heating

It kinda begs the question as to which one makes the team next year - could Myers leapfrog Sanheim? 

And for Morin, they have a choice to make - either he makes the squad next year or they consider trading him because he will no longer be waiver-exempt. You can bet he'd be claimed. That gives him the inside track, imo.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to pollute the Flyers/Caps game day thread with this, but it's a continuation of what we were joking about - basically having 2nd rounders.

Here's a side by side comparison of Ron and Paul.

Round Hextall (4 drafts) Holmgren (7 drafts)
1 6 5
2 5 3
3 5 9
4 5 5
5 4 5
6 5 8
7 4 8
TOTAL 34 43

Of Holmgren's 43 picks, 8 are still with the organization (Laughton, Stolarz, Ghost, Morin, Hagg, Goulbourne, Couturier, Leier).

Out of those 43 picks, only 9 have played more than 100 games in the NHL. It's still soon for the 2013 class (Morin, Hagg, Goul), and Hagg will surpass that next season if he continues playing the way he is. 

But it's shocking that in 3 fewer drafts, Hextall is only 9 shy of Holmgren in terms of stockpiling assets. Hextall is also more top heavy in his draft picks (1st and 2nd rounders), which statistically produces more NHL players.

It's really not shocking when Holmgren was forced by the owner to make moves to try and win the Cup by any means. 

Hextall doesn't have that, and he also had to start a proper rebuild after fixing Holmgren's mistakes 

Carter Hart played great in a losing effort. Let in two goals but could have been a lot more. 

First was a tic tac toe passing PP goal that he had no chance on.

Second was an awkward bouncing puck that I believe got tipped close in and went 5 hole. 

Solid and consistent. 

45 minutes ago, Claude Monet said:

Carter Hart played great in a losing effort. Let in two goals but could have been a lot more. 

First was a tic tac toe passing PP goal that he had no chance on.

Second was an awkward bouncing puck that I believe got tipped close in and went 5 hole. 

Solid and consistent. 

I saw he finally let in more than 2 goals the other night (he let in 5...it was his 3rd game in 3 nights)

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I saw he finally let in more than 2 goals the other night (he let in 5...it was his 3rd game in 3 nights)

Yeah saw that....but I believe they still won.  Imagine being on the team that puts 5 by him and still lose. 

Side note: I am really enjoying getting to watch him play live in PDX. Obviously being a Flyer prospect adds to my excitement but his game certainly isn’t lost on the Winterhawk faithful. People know they are watching something special. 

2 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Yeah saw that....but I believe they still won.  Imagine being on the team that puts 5 by him and still lose. 

Side note: I am really enjoying getting to watch him play live in PDX. Obviously being a Flyer prospect adds to my excitement but his game certainly isn’t lost on the Winterhawk faithful. People know they are watching something special. 

What is PDX?

Frost with the OT winner and an assist...

Sushko had 1g 2a  2nd star and Ratcliffe had 1g 1a 3rd star in a 6-4 Owen Sound win over Guelph.

Hart stopped 29 of 31 shots and was 2nd star in a 3-2 win. Twarynski had 1 g in losing effort.

Phantoms win last night with ECHL goalie John Muse in net who stopped 38 of 40 sots for a 3-2 win.

Goals by Brennan,  Conner and GWer by Bardreau.

First game back from All Star break.

Three Stars

Great news!!

Dave Isaac‏Verified account 
@davegisaac
Follow Follow @davegisaac
More
Back in Flyerdom, Samuel Morin skating here in Voorhees, taking shots on Anthony Stolarz before NHL team takes the ice

27 minutes ago, brelic said:

Great news!!

Dave Isaac‏Verified account 
@davegisaac
Follow Follow @davegisaac
More
Back in Flyerdom, Samuel Morin skating here in Voorhees, taking shots on Anthony Stolarz before NHL team takes the ice

Great to hear. Pulling for these two.

Seems like they could be needed at some point this year. 

Getting back to being healthy and playing is the 1st thing.

Everything else will take care of itself.

Good news for the Phantoms....

...i would love to see these kids push deep in the playoffs and should be getting some reinforcements when teams are eliminated from the college playoffs and junior tourneys.

#playoffexperience

8 hours ago, CoutsSnipes14 said:

What are your thoughts on Nolan Patrick's season so far? 

Coming off an injury that made both Giroux and Ghost look average last year, that's how he's looked. He's getting healthier and starting to look like the guy picked 2nd overall. 

Alexander Appleyard
‏ @avappleyard
 Feb 4

.@NHLFlyers Kirill Ustimenko keeps going strong in the MHL.

Shut-out in a 4-0 win today. Stopped all 19 shots.

That was his 10th shut-out of the year, no-one else in the league has more than 6.

His .927sv% is 4th best amongst goalie with 20+gp (45 goalies). #Flyers

Alexander Appleyard‏
@avappleyard
 53m53 minutes ago

Looks like @NHLFlyers Felix Sandström will be moving to @SHLse club @HV71.

Archived