LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

Slow morning already so with the Flyer's new love for Russians...

...you have Ivan, Rubtsov, Vorobyev and Fazleev so will they ever see the likes of this draft pick???

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=123080

He is only signed through this year in the KHL....it would be nice if they could get him over on a try out for the Phantoms.

Highly unlikely i know.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Slow morning already so with the Flyer's new love for Russians...

...you have Ivan, Rubtsov, Vorobyev and Fazleev so will they ever see the likes of this draft pick???

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=123080

He is only signed through this year in the KHL....it would be nice if they could get him over on a try out for the Phantoms.

Highly unlikely i know.

Do the Flyers still own his rights? If they do, maybe it's not that unlikely?

Always liked the pick. He can clearly play in the KHL. He'd be great opposite Ivan, although he's LH

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Do the Flyers still own his rights?

Yes.

However he just seems like an afterthought to the he is never mentioned anywhere we they are speaking about their prospects.

So who knows.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes.

However he just seems like an afterthought to the he is never mentioned anywhere we they are speaking about their prospects.

So who knows.

I think that's just because he's playing in Russia. If he was playing in LV we'd hear more about him

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Do the Flyers still own his rights? If they do, maybe it's not that unlikely?

I believe they own his rights forever wrt the NHL since he was drafted out of Russia.

Nice to see the Phantoms win again last night 3-2 in OT what a blast from Carey....

Maybe this kid could help the Flyers....nevermind what was i thinking Phantoms guys are meant for callups....carry on...

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Mike Vecchione is riding a five-game point streak as he does it all for the Phantoms

http://sonsofpenn.com/mike-vecchione-does-it-all-phantoms-point-streak-offense-faceoff-two-way/

giphy.gif

..nice play...

giphy.gif

Phantoms 6-1-0-1 so far.

that is some sick passing.... nice to see Lindblom in the middle of all that! :)

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

that is some sick passing.... nice to see Lindblom in the middle of all that! :)

He (Lindblom) has a goal and an assist already tonight with half the game to go Phantoms up 5-2.

Martel with 2 goals already too.

This kid is ready for a callup!

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It's time for Mattel to get a call up. He's doing all he can to prove he deserves a shot. I'm sure the moron head coach would think otherwise though.

I have been saying it for awhile.

I swear i don't know what it takes for this club to throw a kid a bone....

9 goals (leads AHL) 3 assist 12 points (2nd in AHL)  +11 (leads AHL) in 9 games isn't enough...

....and Flyers need a sniper...

...i'd love to see a Martel-Patrick-Konecny line.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Phantoms lose to Hartford 5-4.

Goals by Myers (1 g 1 a 2nd star) , Lindblom(1 g 1 a 3rd star) , Martel (AHL leading 10th) and Alt.

Lyon takes the loss (only their 2nd loss of the year) stopped 26 of 31 shots. 

Phantoms now 7-2-0-1.

6 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I doubt he’ll get called up unless there’s an injury of note. If he stays consistent, he’ll likely get a long look for next year with Fil and Lehtera off the books. 

Sadly Lehtera won't be off the books.

You could just send Read down to make a spot for him on the 3rd I would love a Martel- Patrick-Konecny line.

That would be a nice fast skilled 3rd line. 

But i digress i know he won't get a chance they will continue to trot Read and Weise out there to meh it up!!!!! Can always dream.

Hopefully some of those big wingers can make the team next year, we have way too many small wingers right now. I’m just worried about how we’re gonna pay Simmonds , with Voracek and Giroux already making 8 million each. I think we have a big decision coming up. Simmonds will be looking for similar $ and a long 

term deal. We do that and in a few years we lose half our defense if they become the players we think they will. There just won’t be enough $$ to pay everyone. I think we may have to unload Voracek.

43 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Hopefully some of those big wingers can make the team next year

I think you'll see Bunnaman, Laberge, Rubtsov, Twarynski, Kase and Salinitri join the Phantoms at forward next year.

Allison and Laczynski go back for at least one more year of college.

Hogberg and Amorosa join them on the blueline.

Hart and Sandstrom will man the crease in LV after this year.

Archived