Weal signs

Samifan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when you have that much money tied up in lehtera you have to sign someone for cheap. 

Lets break it down.........

Lehtera- 22 points, 4.7 million cap hit. 29 years old

Weal- 12 points, 1.75 million cap hit, 25 years old and a total of 22 nhl games(hello matt read)

Brayden Schenn- 55 points, most power play goals in the league, 25+ goals 2 straight seasons, 5.12 million cap hit.

Thats 6.45 million tied up in two players who scored just over half the points combined that schenn scored. They easily could have kept schenn and signed weal for almost the same money. Only difference is one more year of schenn and some draft choices named who. 

I wanted weal signed. They left themselves no other option though throwing 5 mil cap space down the toile........I mean....at jori.

2 hours ago, csummers said:

Well when you have that much money tied up in lehtera you have to sign someone for cheap. 

Lets break it down.........

Lehtera- 22 points, 4.7 million cap hit. 29 years old

Weal- 12 points, 1.75 million cap hit, 25 years old and a total of 22 nhl games(hello matt read)

Brayden Schenn- 55 points, most power play goals in the league, 25+ goals 2 straight seasons, 5.12 million cap hit.

Thats 6.45 million tied up in two players who scored just over half the points combined that schenn scored. They easily could have kept schenn and signed weal for almost the same money. Only difference is one more year of schenn and some draft choices named who. 

I wanted weal signed. They left themselves no other option though throwing 5 mil cap space down the toile........I mean....at jori.

giphy.gif

We get it.  You're sad to see Schenn go because you wildly over-value the little he brought to the team other than an ability to have a puck bounce off his ass on the power play and completely be in the way the other 13 minutes per game he was on the ice.   Repeat it another 45 times. It's quite enjoyable.

And while we're at it:   "Most PPG in the league."   In a three-way tie and one--one---more than Simmonds, his teammate.   For PPP he was 2nd on his team and among 3 who had more than 25 pts.  It's not like he was out there by himself on the power play. 

You keep comparing Schenn, Lehtera, and now -- idiotically-- Weal.  Weal has zero to do with the conversation regarding Schenn.  He and someone actually probably could replace Schenn's production on the power play.  Because that power play still has Giroux, Ghost, and Simmonds--the people who actually motor the power play.  I mean, the Flyers had 5 people among the top 33 in the league in PP points.  Think about that.  There were 30 teams.  We had 5 in the top 33.   His production on the power play will be replaced.  Not by Lehtera; he doesn't even play the power play.  That's 5 minutes a game that will have to come from someone else.   

"25 goals"  whaaa whaa.  Outside of the power play, we'll lose this world class player's production of 8 goals and 19 assists that you keep whining on and on about.

8 goals.   Seriously.    8 goals.     And 19 assists.  

Lehtera had 7 regular strength goals and 12 assists.   If Weal scores ONE and gets 7 assists, by your math, we're good.

I mean, PEB -- the guy Lehtera is actually replacing only scored 4 goals and 4 assists, so Lehtera is already an improvement there.

So. Regular strength: 

Weal 7 goals 3 assists  (we'll pretend he's even relevant to this)

Lehtera  7 goals 12 assists.

Total:  14 goals   15 assists   29 points

PEB   4 goals.  4 assists

Second Coming:   8 goals   19 assists.  plus killing every single line he was on.

Total:   12 goals   23 assists.    35 points

So we need to make up 6 points and we haven't even added in Patrick--the guy actually replacing Schenn--yet.     

What are you going on about again?

On 7/2/2017 at 0:49 PM, OccamsRazor said:

So after resigning the kid it sure make Ron look smarter trading Luke Schenn and Vinny for basically Jordan Weal and Carsen Twarynski...

...jury still out on Carsen who is playing his last year of juniors and should be a Phantom next year.

A nice LW prospect with size (6-2 198) who should slot in the 3rd line next year in the AHL...and go from there...no telling how high his ceiling will be...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=171141

Flyers can now stick another won the trade banner up!!!!!! :hehe:

You're not complaining about trading Vinnie and Schenn (the lousy one) are you? 

Vinnie sucked. The fact Hextall didn't have to throw in a pick to get rid of him was a miracle. 

Schenn was ok. Homer trading a 2nd overall pick for him had zero to do with his value when Hextall dumped him. And if you want mobile defence, he ain't one of them.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Yeah that is what i'm doing????...........how in the hell did you get that??

Woudn't i have at least said it made Hextall look dumber? Not smarter.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah that is what i'm doing????...........how in the hell did you get that??

Woudn't i have at least said it made Hextall look dumber? Not smarter.

Sorry OR...thought I sensed sarcasm there. 

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Vinnie sucked. The fact Hextall didn't have to throw in a pick to get rid of him was a miracle. 

Schenn was ok. Homer trading a 2nd overall pick for him had zero to do with his value when Hextall dumped him. And if you want mobile defence, he ain't one of them.

Wait...there's a not lousy Schenn?

Archived