Weal signs

Samifan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, hf101 said:

A hometown deal.  :yeah:

That's a hometown deal?!?  He got a 1.1 million dollar raise per year!  That's a huge raise for a 37 career games resume!

I'm gonna talk to my boss about getting a hometown deal raise!!

3 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

That's a hometown deal?!?  He got a 1.1 million dollar raise per year!  That's a huge raise for a 37 career games resume!

I'm gonna talk to my boss about getting a hometown deal raise!!

Considering he was a 0.5pt / game player last year which is basically equivalent to Couturier at less than Half of what Couturier makes.   -- that's a deal!    :tongue:

Glade he's back.   $1.75m/year.  Not a bad deal at all.  Maybe $50k more than where I thought it should end up, but by no means problematic.  I assume this is a one way deal.

25 minutes ago, vis said:

Glade he's back.   $1.75m/year.  Not a bad deal at all.  Maybe $50k more than where I thought it should end up, but by no means problematic.  I assume this is a one way deal.

Has to be. 

Let's see what the kid can do with a full year and some actual confidence under his belt.  I'm sure last year he was playing with the "I'm going to show them" mentality, hopefully he can keep that drive going and put up some decent numbers.

46 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Overpaid by about $250k, but I'm not complaining. That was the price to pay since he was a UFA

Yes.  I said $50k above but actually meant $500k.  I thougvht $1.25m would have been perfect, but can't complain.

54 minutes ago, vis said:

Yes.  I said $50k above but actually meant $500k.  I thougvht $1.25m would have been perfect, but can't complain.

They've got all that Bellemare money freed up - you gotta spend that somewhere.

:hocky:

I was thinking 1.5 million. Going rate around the league is about $1 million/10 points, Weal should be able to hit 17 points if he plays the way he did last season at the end.

2 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Overpaid by about $250k, but I'm not complaining. That was the price to pay since he was a UFA

What's $250K among friends? :cheers:

But really, they definitely needed to go a little higher than what he is worth if they wanted to ensure keeping him before the deadline.  You just don't know for sure what other teams would have done and I think he is worth the risk of a small over payment.  Hopefully he is the Patrick Sharp that we don't let get away! 

12 hours ago, Samifan said:

I will reserve judgement until I hear the terms.

They're very equitable.  

I'm extremely relieved over this signing.  Trading Schenn was a bit contingent on retaining Weal.  Hextall must have been pretty confident in the latter before he made the move on the former.

Archived