Game 10: Flyers @ Sens, 10/26/17

Howie58

5 hours ago, murraycraven said:

At the very best this is a bubble playoff Team.  I still think in the end they are on the outside looking in b/c of the goal-tending.  Both goalies are not going to carry this Team into the playoffs.  The are a Team on the rise and still have a while to go so I expect them to be up and down all season.  

There is no use in getting upset over this Team.  They simply are in the infancy of becoming a contender.  

"THIS ^"   Thankfully their are other people that think this way.     This team is still 3 years out from being a true blue contender. This jumping ship when they lose a game or two is going to get old real quick this season.

Finally we have a team built correctly through the draft, how about we enjoy the ride and watch this team become great, Lord Willing we get to watch these young guys get better and better individually and better as a team.

There will be bumps in the road for sure but in the end it will all be worth it. I don't want to see this team win a Cup..........I want to see this team, this group win FOUR!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We need to get lines sorted out. 

I don't think it matters if they don't find a goalie to step up and lead the team and help drag them through some games maybe they shouldn't win.

That is what the good teams have and will use to help get them into the playoffs.

From what i have seen it isn't very encouraging.

1 hour ago, Philly29 said:

This team is still 3 years out from being a true blue contender

Yeah as sad as it is the are getting what they paid for.

You paid for mediocre goaltending.....and it is what you are getting.

I'm afraid it won't get much better till Hart and Sandstrom arrive in a few years.

And with this current group like Patrick we could see one of the two before they are even completely ready yet...if but to do nothing be a backup to start.

Agreed that refereeing was strange.  That said, falling behind 3-0 is tough. 

Mojo echoes what I felt weeks ago--the team we see prior to Black Friday will probably be different from it successor.  We need to get lines sorted out.  And we may even see another goalie in the mix.  I view our games against Ottawa as "benchmark."  They are fast and well-coached.  Fifteen years ago we had slug fests with them.  Now we have to match them with skill.  

Looking at the standings may be premature but it tells me we are "mediocre."  The O and B is probably a marginal playoff squad. I hope next year we take away marginal

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah as sad as it is the are getting what they paid for.

You paid for mediocre goaltending.....and it is what you are getting.

I'm afraid it won't get much better till Hart and Sandstrom arrive in a few years.

And with this current group like Patrick we could see one of the two before they are even completely ready yet...if but to do nothing be a backup to start.

I agree RE: goaltending.  Last night may have been an off night for Neuvy, but Elliott has been off almost every start and bailed out by his offense.  Hopefully one of the youngins grabs the reins and we have a good starter.  Only time will tell.  Prolonged sub-.900 from one or both of our current tandem may bring spot starts from Lyon or other. 

14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Agreed that refereeing was strange.  That said, falling behind 3-0 is tough. 

Mojo echoes what I felt weeks ago--the team we see prior to Black Friday will probably be different from it successor.  We need to get lines sorted out.  And we may even see another goalie in the mix.  I view our games against Ottawa as "benchmark."  They are fast and well-coached.  Fifteen years ago we had slug fests with them.  Now we have to match them with skill.  

Looking at the standings may be premature but it tells me we are "mediocre."  The O and B is probably a marginal playoff squad. I hope next year we take away marginal

I agree RE: goaltending.  Last night may have been an off night for Neuvy, but Elliott has been off almost every start and bailed out by his offense.  Hopefully one of the youngins grabs the reins and we have a good starter.  Only time will tell.  Prolonged sub-.900 from one or both of our current tandem may bring spot starts from Lyon or other. 

So here is my next question.......so who would you start versus the Leafs???

I really think i would give Neuvy a chance to me angry/embarrassed and wanting to redeem himself....so i say Neuvy again!

9 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Good grief.

The sooner NHL Refs are replaced by chimpanzees the better.

Robot chimpanzees. The refs are bad enough as it is. I don't want to be at a live game, and have poop thrown at me from them.:nonono:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So here is my next question.......so who would you start versus the Leafs???

I really think i would give Neuvy a chance to me angry/embarrassed and wanting to redeem himself....so i say Neuvy again!

I agree.  

23 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Robot chimpanzees. The refs are bad enough as it is. I don't want to be at a live game, and have poop thrown at me from them.:nonono:

They're tossing it at us right now... you just can't see it... but I think I smell it :whiteflag:

12 minutes ago, colorado_al said:

They're tossing it at us right now... you just can't see it... but I think I smell it :whiteflag:

I notice no mentioning of them getting hosed by hockey Canada McKenzie and Dreger....nothing....but there would have been all kind of hell raised had that happened to the Sens...

#strangedayzinhockey

:eyeroll:

On 10/27/2017 at 2:46 PM, Philly29 said:

"THIS ^"   Thankfully their are other people that think this way.     This team is still 3 years out from being a true blue contender. This jumping ship when they lose a game or two is going to get old real quick this season.

Finally we have a team built correctly through the draft, how about we enjoy the ride and watch this team become great, Lord Willing we get to watch these young guys get better and better individually and better as a team.

There will be bumps in the road for sure but in the end it will all be worth it. I don't want to see this team win a Cup..........I want to see this team, this group win FOUR!

I'm sure ppl said 3 years ago that we would be a contender by now, seems it never ends. Meanwhile vegas is 8-1

Archived