Bertmega

28-14-93

40-51-17

22-15-11

20-21-12

9-8

6-? The have Gudas listed as a go

23-39

Despite the loss, I liked how the Flyers looked last night. They put in a solid effort, but in the end just got beat. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

28-14-93

40-51-17

22-15-11

20-21-12

9-8

23-39

Despite the loss, I liked how the Flyers looked last night. They put in a solid effort, but in the end just got beat. 

Yeah, they did - at times, but they almost always have trouble with teams that move the puck quickly and can skate like Chicago. What worries me now is they play St. Louis that plays a more big, physical style and game. They just lost Gudas, and it's next man up. These kids from the AHL are getting a trial by fire.

18 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

28-14-93

40-51-17

22-15-11

20-21-12

9-8

23-39

Will O'neill will play in Radko's spot. He is slightly taller than Radko and more offensive.

I'm calling it now Brayden Schenn with a hat trick and Scottie Upshall a goal and an assist. The Flyer way....right.

I sure wish Raffl would get on the board. 13 gp, 0 points. He and Laughton had such great chemistry in the preseason, and Laughton has kept up his production, but Raffl has disappeared.

Raffl gets his first tonight :)

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

I sure wish Raffl would get on the board.

Leier, Hagg, Sanheim and even X Blue Lehtera can please feel free to finally at least once find the twine this season.

Also man all these injuries are going to wear their #1 workhorse out by the end of the season. Ivan skated a career high 29:51 last night it would be nice if they could bring his minutes down some. Poor kid is going to be out of gas by march.

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Will O'neill will play in Radko's spot. He is slightly taller than Radko and more offensive.

I love these stories: a journeyman drafted 210th overall (which is pretty close to last I think), gets his first NHL game at age 29. Love it. He's also LH, so what is that 8 LH D-men we have?

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Leier, Hagg, Sanheim and even X Blue Lehtera can please feel free to finally at least once find the twine this season.

Also man all these injuries are going to wear their #1 workhorse out by the end of the season. Ivan skated a career high 29:51 last night it would be nice if they could bring his minutes down some. Poor kid is going to be out of gas by march.

Yeah, I thought about that too. It's awesome for him, and he looked phenomenal last night, but does that lead to fatigue and eventually injuries?

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

so what is that 8 LH D-men we have

Alt is a right hand shot. So yeah just one for tonight.

However they have some righties Phil Myers is a righty.

As well as Mark Friedman, Reece Willcox and Maxim Lamarche all righties.

But on the Flyers with Radko (who is a righty) out it will be just Alt.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Alt is a right hand shot. So yeah just one for tonight.

However they have some righties Phil Myers is a righty.

As well as Mark Friedman, Reece Willcox and Maxim Lamarche all righties.

But on the Flyers with Radko (who is a righty) out it will be just Alt.

Thanks for the correction.

48 minutes ago, brelic said:

Yeah, I thought about that too. It's awesome for him, and he looked phenomenal last night, but does that lead to fatigue and eventually injuries?

If the Flyers are down to five defencemen on a regular basis, this will be a problem... Also, with no Ghost, Ivan is getting more PP time (no?).

Hopefully they won't have to be in this position on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

If the Flyers are down to five defencemen on a regular basis, this will be a problem... Also, with no Ghost, Ivan is getting more PP time (no?).

Yup. 3:40 last night, and 4:16 on the PK.

Just now, brelic said:

Yup. 3:40 last night, and 4:16 on the PK.

I gotta imagine both of those numbers are lower if Gudas and Ghost are available.

That said, your "top" TOI defencemen are playing over 25 minutes a night. Ristolainen and Carlson are over 27, Letang Suter and Weber are all over 26 and the top 15 TOI guys are all over 25 minutes.

Proviewit is averaging 24:30 this season.

8 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Maybe Hextall brings back Streit!   Woo hoo....

Since we're now on to the crazy ideas, I'd like to make this pitch: I'm available. Passport is up to date. Stick, er, skates are sharpened. Nose is bent. #readyfortheshow

37 minutes ago, radoran said:

And Morin can't help he is on the shelf himself for another two weeks. They are going to have to grind it out. Good teams do.

Just now, radoran said:

Pretty much what I said in the Blackhawks game thread.

:cheers:

It would be nice if their goaltender(s) could steal a game or two they shouldn't win...oh sorry there i go again...nevermind. Carry on.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

It would be nice if their goaltender(s) could steal a game or two they shouldn't win...oh sorry there i go again...nevermind. Carry on.

Billy Elliott couldn't steal a game if he was playing Grand Theft Auto...

:hocky:

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

Billy Elliott couldn't steal a game if he was playing Grand Theft Auto...

:hocky:

Yeah can't argue that.

I tried really hard to be positive about his signing (i think if you go back to his signing thread you will see) i was nervous but i was being cautiously optimistic.......and well that has all changed.

He has been nothing but disappointing to me (sure he has had his nice saves here and there) but he just hasn't been what the Flyers have been needing and he just can't put it together for long stretches. 

So yes with hindsight being 20/20 he is killing this club for no other reason he is getting the lion share of the start even though Neuvy has the better stats. (not sure what Hak is trying to prove there by going to that well too many times)

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah can't argue that.

I tried really hard to be positive about his signing (i think if you go back to his signing thread you will see) i was nervous but i was being cautiously optimistic.......and well that has all changed.

He has been nothing but disappointing to me (sure he has had his nice saves here and there) but he just hasn't been what the Flyers have been needing and he just can't put it together for long stretches. 

So yes with hindsight being 20/20 he is killing this club for no other reason he is getting the lion share of the start even though Neuvy has the better stats. (not sure what Hak is trying to prove there by going to that well too many times)

Apparently, Elliott has earned it. I'm not kidding!

Brian Elliott, making his fifth start in the last six games, played well and stopped 32 of 34 shots.

Before the season, the plan was for Elliott and Michal Neuvirth to divide the duties. One month later, it seems Elliott has been anointed the team’s No. 1 goalie.

“You can say that’s the role that he’s been in; he’s earned the minutes he’s been playing,” Hakstol said before the game. “I don’t think anything is really going to change for us. It may continue this way with this type of rhythm. But we’re very sure we need both of these guys going for us to be able to accomplish some of the things we want to.”

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I love these stories: a journeyman drafted 210th overall (which is pretty close to last I think), gets his first NHL game at age 29. Love it.

I know...

Brandon Manning: 150 GP
Ivan Provorov: 95 GP
Robert Hagg: 14 GP
Travis Sanheim: 10 GP
Mark Alt: 3 GP
Will O’Neill: 0 GP

...what could possibly go wrong!!????!!!

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't know f**king how what in God's name is he seeing that i am not someone help me?? Please.

I'm thinking it's his .886 SV% over the past four games that "earned" him this position.

I mean, what else could it be? His 3.49 GAA over that span?

Spitballing... :hocky:

If they're not going to play the St. Louis style defense-first system that is literally the only place he's been effective, it's not going to get better.

And from what I understand, that's not what Hakstol wants to play.

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

I'm not kidding!

Must be his outstanding rebound control...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hagg saved his bacon here...

giphy.gif

But Hagg couldn't on this one (even though his turnover lead to the break away)...

giphy.gif

...weak sauce Elliot...just straight up weak. 

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm thinking it's his .886 SV% over the past four games that "earned" him this position.

I mean, what else could it be? His 3.49 GAA over that span?

Spitballing... :hocky:

If they're not going to play the St. Louis style defense-first system that is literally the only place he's been effective, it's not going to get better.

And from what I understand, that's not what Hakstol wants to play.

Well good thing he is signed for next year too........right???!!!??? :hehe:

Archived