Karlsson

brelic

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Here's a question, seriously:   Say we did this.  Who is our gritty greasy goal guy?   We'd have a bunch of peripheral-type guys that can't shoot and Hoffman, a peripheral guy who can.  I'm sure I'm overlooking someone, but I can't think at the moment.   I guess Couturier has been doing that.   Anyone else (effectively)?

Honestly, they don't have a gritty greasy goal guy now.  Simmonds hasn't been himself this year.  He's not holding the paint and he's getting pushed around in front of the net (presumably due to whatever is hurting him).    I think eventually this can be Lindblom (he's also got a bit of a shot as well) but I think until Simmonds gets better, this is sort of a hole to fill no matter what right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:29 PM, King Knut said:

So just to review.

You'd trade Jake's 37 overall points, 12 PP points, +5 rating in 19:30 minutes of ice time per night.

along with Ghost's 22 overall points, 13 PP points, +2 rating in 21:00 minutes of ice time per night 

for Hoffman's 21 overall points, 9PP points, -9 rating and in minutes of ice time per night

and Karlsson's 18 points, 5 PP points, -16 rating in 25 minutes of ice time per night.  

You'd be taking on $11.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 27.5 years old in exchange $12.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 26 years old and are producing better.  

The only reason to do this would be to get Jake off the books sooner and that only works if you're not going to plan on keeping either Hoffman or Karlsson beyond their current contracts.  

This deal would only make a lick of sense if you knew you had a UFA out there to replace Jake's production somewhere in the next two years (you're also going to need to replace Simmer's production in that same time frame btw) AND you expect Sanheim, Morin, Myers and or Friedman to be able to replace Ghost along a similar time frame. 

Looking ahead aside from Tavares and Seguin (both centers) I'm just not sure I see any prospective RW UFA's in the next two years who are close to Jake's production, let alone two that are close to Jake and Simmer's production.  

I don't do this deal.  Not even for the best defenseman in the world (who happens to be playing worse than the guy we'd be trading for him).  

After reading through all the post in this thread I came to realize how actually bad the numbers for Karlsson and Hoffman really are. So I must say I stand corrected and would not do the trade.

Honestly after reading everything in the thread I value Ghost and Jake more so over Karlsson. Hoffman I would like to trade for but not involving Ghost or Jake obviously. Maybe a pick or a lower tier player, I think Hoffman is a guy that could use a change of scenery.

5 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

After reading through all the post in this thread I came to realize how actually bad the numbers for Karlsson and Hoffman really are. So I must say I stand corrected and would not do the trade.

Honestly after reading everything in the thread I value Ghost and Jake more so over Karlsson. Hoffman I would like to trade for but not involving Ghost or Jake obviously. Maybe a pick or a lower tier player, I think Hoffman is a guy that could use a change of scenery.

To be fair, Karlsson is having a particularly bad season.  I'm just not sure it gets better if he come to Philly.  

16 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

That is why I said Hoffman not Karlsson coming to Philly

Yeah, he would solve our shooting left winger issue.  And if you can pull it off without using Jake or Ghost or someone, then that's even better.

I wonder if they'd take Lehtera.

Archived