Who should be my team

Ben

The NBA lacks competitive balance. MLB is too long. The NFL allows players to disrespect the flag. College basketball is corrupt. I love college football but I need another sport. I've always been intrigued by hockey but growing up in the south, I haven't had much exposure to it. So, I need a team to root for. I've been researching the history of the NHL and doing some homework. But, I want to ask the fans that know... Who should be my team and why?

1 hour ago, Ben said:

The NBA lacks competitive balance. MLB is too long. The NFL allows players to disrespect the flag. College basketball is corrupt. I love college football but I need another sport. I've always been intrigued by hockey but growing up in the south, I haven't had much exposure to it. So, I need a team to root for. I've been researching the history of the NHL and doing some homework. But, I want to ask the fans that know... Who should be my team and why?

Be a Panthers fan.

They are a competitive bunch, look to improve in the coming years, can use ALL the fans they can get so they don't get relocated or contracted, and you'd have NO problems being one of the first 500 fans at any given game to be able to receive a John Vanbeisbrouck bobblehead at their next promotion!   :ahappy:

Welcome to the boards!

On 2/26/2018 at 5:46 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Be a Panthers fan.

They are a competitive bunch, look to improve in the coming years, can use ALL the fans they can get so they don't get relocated or contracted, and you'd have NO problems being one of the first 500 fans at any given game to be able to receive a John Vanbeisbrouck bobblehead at their next promotion!   :ahappy:

Welcome to the boards!

post-it-award.jpg

• 2 months later...

Be a Golden Knights fan, I was a Vancouver Canucks fan for 40 years, saw them lose in the Stanley Cup finals 3 times and finally just had enough of watching loser hockey, so in 2014 I fired the Vancouver Canucks, I burned all my 7 jerseys, 4 hats, a tire cover, mugs, towels, everything, wrote a big letter to Canucks management and told them I'm done going to their games, supporting a loser team and being their fan and that was it.  Incidentally the Vancouver Canucks have only gotten worse since 2014 and I don't miss them at all!!  But I still missed hockey, so I decided to cheer for the brand new Vegas Golden Knights from day 1 and what a journey it has been, we are in the Stanley Cup Finals!!!

Become a Golden Knights fan, you won't be disappointed, plus next year the Knights already have 7 picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft too, so they won't suck, but don't pick a Canadian team, they haven't won anything in over 25 years and it will be another 25 years before a Canadian team wins anything.

4 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I burned all my 7 jerseys, 4 hats, a tire cover, mugs, towels, everything, wrote a big letter to Canucks management and told them I'm done going to their games, supporting a loser team and being their fan and that was it

This sounds more and more the sane adult every time you say it.   Oh, wait...no, not really.

@ruxpin Best thing I ever did!!  The Canucks have only sucked even more from year to year since 2014 and my new team is in the Stanley Cup finals!!!

I say to any fan of loser teams, how long do you wait, 30 years, 40 years, for the rest of your life? cheering for a team that has not won a cup?  Flyers it's been, what almost 50 years without a cup?  I don't see them winning anytime soon, so how long do you cheer for them?  Till you die?  I like to see my teams win, I'm not going to be the Cubs fan who lived and died after a full life and never saw them win anything for 108 years.  If you never win, what are you cheering for??  last time I checked the NHL, the point was to win the Stanley Cup.

7 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

@ruxpin Best thing I ever did!!  The Canucks have only sucked even more from year to year since 2014 and my new team is in the Stanley Cup finals!!!

I say to any fan of loser teams, how long do you wait, 30 years, 40 years, for the rest of your life? cheering for a team that has not won a cup?  Flyers it's been, what almost 50 years without a cup?  I don't see them winning anytime soon, so how long do you cheer for them?  Till you die?  I like to see my teams win, I'm not going to be the Cubs fan who lived and died after a full life and never saw them win anything for 108 years.  If you never win, what are you cheering for??  last time I checked the NHL, the point was to win the Stanley Cup.

I'm sorry.  I mean enjoy being a front runner and thinking you're actually part of something, but nothing you're saying meets either my definition of "fan" or your screen name.  

Enjoy fraud.

@ruxpin I'm sorry you cheer for a team that hasn't won anything in half a century.

But there is no need to be jealous because I'm the #1 fan of a new team that is going to be winning the Stanley Cup this year.

What excuse is Philly management going to give you to keep supporting them through their next 20 "REBUILD" years that you will eat right up?

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

@ruxpin I'm sorry you cheer for a team that hasn't won anything in half a century.

But there is no need to be jealous because I'm the #1 fan of a new team that is going to be winning the Stanley Cup this year.

What excuse is Philly management going to give you to keep supporting them through their next 20 "REBUILD" years that you will eat right up?

It's one thing - and a crazy thing to be sure - to pick a fight with rux, but these here are fighting words my friend!

As a former Canucks fan (lol!), who has jumped onto the next shiny thing and got lucky to be on the bandwagon a little earlier than others, you are in NO position to make fun of us long suffering Flyer fans.  Please stop before you get humiliated. 

8 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

@Podein25 You are right, I wont rub it in until the Golden Knights win the Cup in 5 games at home

GoldenKnights.jpg

Ok, you've done it. I'm now cheering for the Caps. May God save my soul.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, you've done it. I'm now cheering for the Caps. May God save my soul.

I really can't stand the Caps (specifically, their fans).  I know that's not news to you.  I do like the players and coach for the Knights, so that's who I've been cheering for.

I'm very close to being with you on the above, but I think instead I'll go watch something non-hockey.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I really can't stand the Caps (specifically, their fans).  I know that's not news to you.  I do like the players and coach for the Knights, so that's who I've been cheering for.

I'm very close to being with you on the above, but I think instead I'll go watch something non-hockey.

Trotz is from Dauphin, MB and he went on to coach the Dauphin Kings (Jr. A) and was coaching my last year of Jr. Nice guy. I could feel happy for him.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Trotz is from Dauphin, MB and he went on to coach the Dauphin Kings (Jr. A) and was coaching my last year of Jr. Nice guy. I could feel happy for him.

I like Trotz, actually.  And very cool that you've met him.

If I could partition my thoughts on the team in general and the coach from my dislike of Ovechkin and strong dislike of their fans, this would be so much easier.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, Ben said:

This might surprise people, but I'd suggest either Vegas, Winnipeg or the Florida Panthers.  I think the Panthers are an up & coming team; with lots of good young talent and they narrowly missed the playoffs but I think Bob Boughner is going to get that team to the post-season next year.  

Vegas is primed to be good for a long time.  Tons of cap space, lots of great prospects...so if you want to be on the ground floor jump aboard the Panthers bandwagon.  Or you can join the fun that is two strong, young powerhouse teams in the making.  

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If I could partition my thoughts on the team in general and the coach from my dislike of Ovechkin and strong dislike of their fans, this would be so much easier.

A lot would be easier if you could partition your mind!

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Mine is Overclocked.

Hey, we've hijacked the thread, nicely done!

LOL  I keep getting a 404 code (and NOT for Atlanta).

17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

This might surprise people, but I'd suggest either Vegas, Winnipeg or the Florida Panthers.  I think the Panthers are an up & coming team; with lots of good young talent and they narrowly missed the playoffs but I think Bob Boughner is going to get that team to the post-season next year.  

Plus, he'd increase the fan base by 10%. 😎

Archived