Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Thursday 10-25-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-3zOS

Minnesota Wild (4-2-2)  10pts  5th in the Central

2.75 Goals For Per Game (23rd in NHL)

2.88 Goals Against Per Game (13th in NHL)

13.6% Power Play (25th in NHL)

82.3% Penalty Kill (13th in NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 3G 7A = 10pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 4G 3A = 7pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 5A = 7pts

4. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

5. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #21 Eric Fehr ~ 8 PIM's

2. #23 J.T. Brown ~ 8 PIM's

3. #3 Charlie Coyle ~ 8 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (3-1-2)  2.11GAA  .944%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (1-1-0)  3.44GAA  .879%SP

Vs.

Los Angeles Kings (2-6-1)  5pts  7th in the Pacific

1.89 Goals For Per Game (30th in NHL)

3.56 Goals Against Per Game (22nd in NHL)

10.0% Power Play (29th in NHL)

70.8% Penalty Kill (28th in NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #13 Alex Iafallo ~ 2G 5A = 7pts

2. #73 Tyle Toffoli ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

3. #8 Drew Doughty ~ 1G 5A = 6pts

4. #77 Jeff Carter ~ 2G 3A = 5pts

5. #17 Ilya Kovalchuk ~ 2G 3A = 5pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #9 Adrian Kempe ~ 14 PIM's

2. #2 Paul LaDue ~ 12 PIM's

3. #6 Jake Muzzin ~ 11 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Jonathan Quick (0-3-1)  4.55GAA  .845%SP

2. #36 Jack Campbell (2-3-0)  2.80GAA  .917%SP  1SO

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate games like this. A team that is having lots of issues scoring and letting up almost 4 goals a game on a losing streak. These are the games the Wild tend to make a bad team look like a team that could compete for the cup. I rather see a 7-1 blowout then have to watch nervously tell the last horn. Hopefully the Wild take the bull by the horns and turn it into a little harmless chicken.

Cripes, what happened to Quick? A couple of years ago you couldn't get a lima bean past him if it was shot out of a cannon...

I'm going tonight, so I am pleasantly surprised that the game is starting at 7:00 and not 7:30 or even 8:00...always seems like the NHL likes to make the Midwest teams move their schedule earlier or later to accommodate the East and West Coast teams...

9 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

The Kings have a bad record...so we should be able to beat them tonight. They are on a losing streak.

Well, we will see what kind of mentality the Wild have going into this match up.
Might tell us a lot about them.

A team on the ropes like the Kings..can't score, can't seem to defend, can't stop pucks, looking real slow and old out there?

This is the kind of team the Wild need to treat like they stole something from them and absolutely look to smash and run up the score on.
Doesn't mean that will be result, but they HAVE to approach the game in this way.

Any player wearing green starts taking things a bit easy based on the troubles Los Angeles is currently having should be drawn and quartered!
The Wild should NEVER take any opponent lightly at any time during the year....from the top contenders to the lowly bottom feeders.
Minnesota played a hell of a game against my hometown Lightning and they need that same kind of full forced mentality here.

The Wild should be a playoff team....but they are NOT so far above any team that they can afford to think "Well, even if we start slow, we can catch up....this team is not playing well."
I'd like to think Minnesota has professionals that think LIKE professionals.

Let's go Wild.
Boots to throats...… or is that Skates to throats?  A bit bloodier that way, but I think the idea is what is important.    :VeryCool:

Los Angeles Kings at Minnesota Wild – 8:00 EST

REFEREES

Jon Mclsaac #2 Francis Charron #6
  jm02.jpg FC06.jpg
Games 17-18 73 73
Career Games 187 479
First NHL Game 11/21/13 4/5/10
Birthplace Truro, NS Ottawa, ON
Goals/Gm 6.0 (14) 6.0 (14)
PP/Gm 3.3 (7) 3.6 (1)
Penl/Gm 3.9 (15) 4.2 (3)
PIM/Gm 8.6 (24) 9.4 (6)
% of Penl on Home 49.0% (4) 49.0% (4)
More Penl on Rd % 4.0% (33) 6.0% (27)
Home Win % 60.0% (8) 60.0% (8)
Home Rec. 44-29 44-29
OT/SO Games 23.0% (20) 21.0% (26)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2017-18 31% 38% 32% 29% 39% 32%
Team Records 17-18 16-17 15-16 17-18 16-17 15-16
LAK 2-2 4-1 1-1 2-3 1-1 0-5
MIN 4-2 1-5 1-1 1-4 1-1 2-3

LINESMEN

Brian Mach #78 Trent Knorr #63
  BM78.jpg TK63.jpg
Games 17-18 74 75
Career Games 1223 301
First NHL Game 10/7/00 11/13/13
Birthplace Little Falls, MN Powell River, BC

@TropicalFruitGirl26 The problem is the Wild have the ability to beat any team out there at any given time. But when they choose to engage themselves fully or only partway has always been my primary concern. Often they play down to the competition rather than put on their business faces and play the game like it's a must 2 points.

Every game with a lessor opponent needs to be a must 2 points.

11 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 The problem is the Wild have the ability to beat any team out there at any given time. But when they choose to engage themselves fully or only partway has always been my primary concern. Often they play down to the competition rather than put on their business faces and play the game like it's a must 2 points.

Every game with a lessor opponent needs to be a must 2 points.

Yea, I know.
This "playing down to the competition" is truly frustrating.

Thing is, I have seen that kind of mentality from high end teams too like Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Detroit when they were perennial contenders.
Difference is, those teams, as sleepy as they can look against 'low level' competition, have the overall talent to just turn it up and take the game late....again, not that its an excuse for any team to not play 100% all the time.

Meanwhile, Minnesota, while still having a capable squad, simply do not have the kinds of players where they CAN afford to play sleepily then try to steal the game late.
This Wild team simply must have a workmanlike attitude for 60 minutes.
They do that, and yes, they can beat anybody.

Dam...Foligno simply couldn't get the puck to the center of the ice.
He had Wild players in the slot areas.

Like it or not, that Kings player (not sure who it was) shadowed and bothered Marcus enough so that he either couldn't pass, or didn't realize Spurgeon and another Minnesota player were driving the net.

That's the kind of defense I expect from the Kings usually.
I wonder if a better offensive player were in the same position if he could  have shaken away that defender and made the centering pass.

Minnesota players getting under the skin a bit of LA players by crowding the net and poking at pucks that Campbell is trying to cover.
Good.

Do things the Kings don't like....even if you gotta be a bit of a dick.
Kings wouldn't think twice about it if the roles are reversed to get themselves out of their funk.

Pesky play by Minnesota may just work against these frustrated Kings. Maybe get them to take stupid penalties.

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Atta boy, Seeler...just wrestle this chump to the ground.
Clifford is just frustrated, his team is getting the penalty, he is trying to fire his guys up.

Don't buy into their BS.
^%$# these guys...let them wallow in suckage...… dagger them with a PP goal now.

Dirty play. Something like that should be a major 

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Dirty play. Something like that should be a major 

Apparently the Kings will HAVE to resort to that kind of garbage hoping to make any headway in the game and to change their fortunes.
Because playing hockey with the Wild is not an option. Minnesota is looking MUCH faster than they are out there.

Sad thing is, if the official are gonna allow that nonsense, the Kings just may get their way here as the Wild really aren't built for goon buffoonery...

Archived