Wild vs. Blues 11/3/18 @ 7:00PM at Scottrade Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Megawild said:

Nice.   Some friends and I drove up to Woodbury today to go to Portillos!   Real Chicago beefs make me happy!

Fantastic restaurant! We loved eating there. Don't get to it very much as we live off of Highway 8 just before Wisconsin. But I would recommend anybody to stop there and give it a go!

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, MNSOTA said:

Hey all, I have an interview at work on Tuesday.......hoping to move to our Accessibility support. It's not a pay raise, but it's certainly another skill to have. I really want to get into training, and I figure it was time to take on another role in order to get there. And I'm amazed what our users with severe motor disabilities can do with Final Cut Pro, where I can barely handle iMovie.

Fingers crossed for you, MNsota! Good luck!

I loved this style the Wild played. Crashing the net, great puck movement, puck control. It's fun to see what the Wild can do. And what a game by Seeler! A goal and 2 assists. Seeler shows a possibility of being a very good scoring defenseman. Can't wait to see what develops with that. It was a fun game. It was fun to see Yeo not know what to do and seeing the ship sink for his squad.

On a side note, I am excited that Fenton is going to visit Kaprizov and open the communication and show we want him here. I would love to see him in a green sweater and see what he can do!

It was our best solid win in regulation 5:1 this season – ancient beat aliens multiple times!!!! 😊. Hope, not the last time. And we outshot them 45:16 in 60 min too! I do not remember that in the Wild history. Or maybe Blues gave up on Yeo too?🤔.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Well, IMO that's what trades are for.  I hope we look to add some speed to the line up too.  However, seeing our bigger players, playing like big players and taking pucks to the net was terrific last night.  The Wild hadn't crashed the net last night more than they have all season...it was a refreshing change to see.  

LIG I do not think we will trade him as long as we win. Nino still does some useful work for the team(not every game)and hope, he will improve. I remember we had some not pleasant experience during the 1st Boudreau season when we have got Hanzel and White after  trade. The team became even worse. I do not want that we will repeat this scenario again. We should look better for our young and more scoring prospects for insertion into the big club.

9 hours ago, Alexandron said:

LIG I do not think we will trade him as long as we win. Nino still does some useful work for the team(not every game)and hope, he will improve. I remember we had some not pleasant experience during the 1st Boudreau season when we have got Hanzel and White after  trade. The team became even worse. I do not want that we will repeat this scenario again. We should look better for our young and more scoring prospects for insertion into the big club.

Iowa has one player in the top 100 scorers in the AHL, and that's Cal O'Reilly, who is 32. None of the younger players on the Iowa roster has proven they deserve a call up. The team as a whole is playing well now. Leave the kids in Iowa. Let them prove they deserve a shot in the NHL.

5 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Iowa has one player in the top 100 scorers in the AHL, and that's Cal O'Reilly, who is 32. None of the younger players on the Iowa roster has proven they deserve a call up. The team as a whole is playing well now. Leave the kids in Iowa. Let them prove they deserve a shot in the NHL.

I do not think he is a top scorer in the AHL. He is more a playmaker. So far for this season, he has 2 goals in 10 games, last year he had 15 goals in 75 games, and in his career, he reached only once 23 goals (2004-2005 season in OHL), but practically, always below 20 goals per season. I do see a couple younger players, which probably, deserve a call-up  - Kyle Rau and Gerry Fitzgerald (both having 4 goals in 10 games this year). Rau had in his career 38 and 33 goals(2009-2010; 2010-2011 respectively) and last year he was one of the most productive players for the team too(had 23 goals in 69 games).  I agree the Iowa Wild team is having the best start in their history and for now we should leave the kids in Iowa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, Alexandron said:

It was our best solid win in regulation 5:1 this season – ancient beat aliens multiple times!!!! 😊. Hope, not the last time. And we outshot them 45:16 in 60 min too! I do not remember that in the Wild history. Or maybe Blues gave up on Yeo too?🤔.

It seems sadly, but my prediction was right - Blues gave up on Yeo too. He was fired yesterday as a coach of Blues:

Here is a link to read:

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-yeo-fired-as-coach-of-blues/c-302117844

11 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

It seems sadly, but my prediction was right - Blues gave up on Yeo too. He was fired yesterday as a coach of Blues:

Here is a link to read:

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-yeo-fired-as-coach-of-blues/c-302117844

I'm curious if Yeo would have made it through at least the rest of the season if Coach Q hadn't been fired.

I don't think anyone who pays attention to the NHL should be surprised.  Now Mclellan in Edm.  Three heads have rolled.  Who's next?  Really just the nature of the business.  Can't fire all the players and GM isn't going to fire himself.

57 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

I don't think anyone who pays attention to the NHL should be surprised.  Now Mclellan in Edm.  Three heads have rolled.  Who's next?  Really just the nature of the business.  Can't fire all the players and GM isn't going to fire himself.

Fargo, Actually, 4 heads have already rolled this month (Stevens (Kings), Quenneville(Hawks), Yeo(Blues), and McLellan(Oilers)). According to the Star Tribune article - no coaches were fired during the last season.

http://www.startribune.com/blues-fire-coach-mike-yeo-name-craig-berube-as-interim/500891611/

It seems the nature of business getting too cruel so far for this season. Here is an interesting link to read regarding Oilers:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/edmonton-oilers-fire-mclellan-hire-hitchcock-over-170140628--spt.html

I'm wondering if coach Sullivan in Pittsburgh is not currently walking on hot lava stones. Right now the Pens are dead last in the east. Who would have believed that for a contending team in the season start.

(But whatever happens, they won't finish last)

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:
3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'm curious if Yeo would have made it through at least the rest of the season if Coach Q hadn't been fired.

Um, what connection does these two events have? 

Okay so you were thinking that this cleared the way for the Blues to rehire Q sooner than later? Right...

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Okay so you were thinking that this cleared the way for the Blues to rehire Q sooner than later? Right...

Pretty much yeah. Who would you rather have Q or Yeo? Say no coaches had been 'available', Would the Blues have let Yeo continue for the rest of the season and go from there?

7 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Pretty much yeah. Who would you rather have Q or Yeo? Say no coaches had been 'available', Would the Blues have let Yeo continue for the rest of the season and go from there?

🙄 who would I rather have... 😄

Seriously, this was the right thing to do from the GM's point of view. Solution oriented. But I wouldn't assume they were betting on getting Q once Yeo is gone. There are other good coaches available too (Vigneault, Sutter, Bylsma) and hiring him would be expensive. I think Armstrong just got fed up with the results. For an outsider It seems like the most natural path for Blues to take Q back but we'll see.

13 hours ago, Icechipper said:

NHL musical chairs. Hitchcock, who calls out some players as "*******," gets to take his tired act to yet another team. 

Blows my mind .  Talk about a guy who's "time is past!"  So they think an ancient dinosaur is going to whip a bunch of under achieving primma donna millenials into shape?🤔

😂  Yeah, right!!!

7 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

🙄 who would I rather have... 😄

Seriously, this was the right thing to do from the GM's point of view. Solution oriented. But I wouldn't assume they were betting on getting Q once Yeo is gone. There are other good coaches available too (Vigneault, Sutter, Bylsma) and hiring him would be expensive. I think Armstrong just got fed up with the results. For an outsider It seems like the most natural path for Blues to take Q back but we'll see.

Hehe, I knew I'd get at least 2 smileys of some sort with that. :D 

I hadn't noticed that Vigneault and Bylsma were out looking for jobs.

It just seemed a bit early in the season to bail on a coach unless there were other circumstances like, As you said, Coach availability or it was too obvious to mgnt that Yeo'd lost the team.

45 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Blows my mind .  Talk about a guy who's "time is past!"  So they think an ancient dinosaur is going to whip a bunch of under achieving primma donna millenials into shape?🤔

😂  Yeah, right!!!

Seriously It's time to let these old coaches go. They've had their time in a very different era and game.

Even tho he won, Hitch looked like Uncle Fester as he walked off the ice.

Archived